Blood keto dopping....

Is it normal for blood keto levels to waver throughout the day? at 11 i measured and got 1.8 and 3 hours later (despite having keto lunch and snack) it had dropped to 1.3. Is this normal through first few weeks getting used to the lowcarb way of life or should I interpretting it as meaning something or altering my dinner plans dependent?
Sorry if this is silly q.

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    I am no expert but my ketones vary during the day. At highest in the morning and drop after food, but still in ketones. I've never had high readings. Highest 1.2 and lowest 0.5. Hope this helps reassure you it is normal for readings to change thru the day.
  • gingerkelly93
    gingerkelly93 Posts: 9 Member
    I am no expert but my ketones vary during the day. At highest in the morning and drop after food, but still in ketones. I've never had high readings. Highest 1.2 and lowest 0.5. Hope this helps reassure you it is normal for readings to change thru the day.

and have you still been loosing within those levels?
    So reassuring thank you- I know a silly q. but not really sure how ketones work in relation to food, exercise, fasting while sleeping etc.