How are things going! (Checking in)

Options
Cindie84
Cindie84 Posts: 32 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
Good morning sunshines! I hope y'all's week has started off on the right foot! Yesterday (Monday) was my weigh-in and I lost a little over 5lbs from my last weigh-in which was Mar 30th, I didn't dare weigh myself on the 6th..day after Easter lol! Didn't do much working out which at the moment is just trying to walk each morning, I usually do about 2.5 mi. Happy to say I got my walk on this morning! Feeling accomplished lol. Hope you guys are feeling great and have been moving forward! Ttyl

Replies

• pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Great work, Cindie 84! I don't know about my weight, as my scale isn't working and I have to buy a new one. But I feel great. Mostly due to the first really sunny days this year. Last week I was always within my calories (except Saturday) and did some sports. On Sunday I even went for a 2h mountain bike tour. And the great weather also leads to great food. Yesterday I had the first asparagus (I love love love asparagus) of this season and today we had our first barbecue with a delicous salad and stawberries with greek yogurt as dessert. If anyone of you likes pineapple, feta and avocado you need to try the recipe (link at the bottom). I don't know how it's with you, but with all these delicious fruits and veggies that are in season now it's great fun to eat healthy.

http://www.gimmesomeoven.com/grilled-pineapple-chicken-and-avocado-salad/

• Cindie84
    Options
    Excellent! I live in NC (about 2 yrs now) and you would think down south, farms etc their would be an abundance of stuff at hand but I was sadly mistaken. Makes me miss Jersey but anywhoo I surely make do with what's available. I like asparagus but I haven't come across a tasty recipe for them, they can be a bit bland. I have tried that avocado/pineapple/feta salad and it is delicious. Avocados give me life lol, a goto for me that I love is chick peas, avocado, corn drizzled with a little bit of olive and lemon juice..salt n pepper to taste.
  • pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So you're also an avocado junky? Great, I love them, too. Your salad sounds delicous as well. Gotta try that next week. Last week I made a salad with avocado, orange, fresh spinach, spring onions and fresh dill. Was great, too.
    I love asparagus just plain (cook in salted water with a bit of sugar). I'll have cantaloupe and parma ham with it. And I always make a sauce with crème fraîche and chives and other herbs. If I'm really hungry I'll have some potatoes with it.
    I would also assume that there is a great variety of fresh veggies and fruits in NC. Weird enough that it isn't. But I bet Avocados in NC taste even better than here in Switzerland. Not the right climate for them, here :-)
  • Cindie84
    Options
    Yes I'm a true addict..love them. That salad also sounds delicious! We could go back and forth all day and avocado salads (ha). Wow Switzerland! How awesome is that! Well I'll be following your progress rooting you on!!
  • princessmariannabanana
    Options
    Hi Cindie! So I just started dieting about a week ago. I love lifting weights along with cardio. For my meals I've been sticking with chicken breast and a veggie full with fiber. Dating a bodybuilder, you get accustomed to his taste. Coming from Hawaii, fresh fruits and veggies are so expensive! I've lost a pound so far. I know it's pretty slow but hopefully with time I'll shred faster.
  • Cindie84
    Options
    Hi princessmariannabanana every little bit counts a pound will turn into 2, 3, 4 and so forth. Don't fret! I would love to have a body builder by myself to whip my butt into shape lol. I have the eating down I just need to incorporate different exercises.
  • princessmariannabanana
    Options
    Thanks Cindie! The support means alot ♡