Ad Lib April {April 8th}

Options
13»

Replies

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Dragonwolf--you brought tears to my eyes. I'm trying so hard to do it right so it will work, I'm stressing about it. If you see something I should change, I'm open. I used the keto calculator to come up with my macros and calories, with a 26% deficit. Ok, I'll relax now. Whew.
  • Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I'm scared about what I'm eating now b/c it's not saying I'm eating under my calories anymore and I haven't lost new weight in quite a while. I'm about to lift the blind so I can see what I'm doing. :s The last thing I want to do is gain weight.

Lots of times, you'll have temporary stalls even when eating at a deficit. I figure my body decided that it needed to fix something else or get rid of whatever crap has been released in my system from the fat that been's let go and it'll decide to continue losing in its own merry time.

You're not gaining weight, so it sounds like the worst that will happen is a temporary pause in your weight loss. Are you looking at anything other than weight? Fat %, your belt, your mirror, your energy, any pain levels, and so on?
  • wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    @Twibbly --Thank you! Undoubtedly, there's junk in my system that needs to be cleared out, so maybe that's what's happening. Hope so! I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue (somewhat better), and small fiber neuropathy. Pants are slightly looser, so there is definitely benefit from LCHF. I'm just impatient for the weight loss and hopefully a big increase in energy. I hope it will come.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Maybe next week, I will pin the check-in thread to the top of the group for the first 48 hours or so. That way it doesn't sink so fast and get lost. That's pretty awesome results. Not just yours, but it seems like everyone has had great results so far.

Pin-away and keep it there till the next week. That's my vote anyway.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    KeithF6250 wrote: »
    Plus people are a sustainable food source whereas farm fields destroy the natural ecosystem.

I hope you don't mind if I steal that quote.

As long as you attribute it to my husband, who I stole it from.
  • JennyToy
    JennyToy Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    can i join the party late :)
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    JennyToy wrote: »
    can i join the party late :)

Yep.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    is there a check-in thread for this week?
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wednesdays. So he'll probably add one soon for the non-US timezones.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    wabmester wrote: »
    Wednesdays. So he'll probably add one soon for the non-US timezones.

I will do it when I get home from work tonight. But yeah, the check-in will be for the 15th. Some people are already there, but usually still asleep right now.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ah right. for some reason i had it in my head that we were checking in on mondays.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    The new one is up. Let me know if you can't find it or can't respond to it.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @Twibbly --Thank you! Undoubtedly, there's junk in my system that needs to be cleared out, so maybe that's what's happening. Hope so! I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue (somewhat better), and small fiber neuropathy. Pants are slightly looser, so there is definitely benefit from LCHF. I'm just impatient for the weight loss and hopefully a big increase in energy. I hope it will come.

@wheatlessgirl66 I hear you loud and clear. I feel the same way. My pants are "slightly" looser but that's all I can say. I haven't seen any of the dramatic energy gains or any loss in 3 weeks. I'm very impatient as I have to stand in a wedding this summer. However, what keeps me faithful is that for the first time in my life, food is not controling me. I also have Chronic Fatigue and I have a beautiful NSV I will post up today. For the first time since I moved into my house (3 years ago-perhaps TMI) I had enough energy to get down on my hands and knees and properly wash all the main level floors and baseboards! AND then it didn't totally kill me. I don't feel great, but that never would have happened even 6 months ago. So... I suppose, the number on the scale really isn't everything but gosh darn it, I still wish it would move.
  • gsp90x
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Down. I wish it would move down. - Just thought I should qualify that statement.
    And.. not that anyone will be judging my house keeping, I have been washing the floors, just not as well as I'd like, just with a mop.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    No judgement from me. It's my wife who told me that baseboards should be cleaned. I never did it before I met her. ;)
  • gsp90x
    Options
    No judgement from me. It's my wife who told me that baseboards should be cleaned. I never did it before I met her. ;)

lol yeah, I realized after I wrote that, maybe others may feel judged. OUR baseboards need to be washed because we have a big ol dog with lots of hair that we take to the dog park almost religiously to run around. And the dog park happens to be a former sand pit. Well, it still is a sand pit, just repurposed as a dog park. Anyway, we get sand and mud and all kinds of things on our floor and baseboards. But we sure love the little (big) guy so we deal. So, that's why we have to clean ours. I never cleaned them before I had this dog either. Partly because I couldn't but partly cause they didn't look dirty. :-)
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I will do it when I get home from work tonight. But yeah, the check-in will be for the 15th. Some people are already there, but usually still asleep right now.

It was 3:25am for me when you wrote that and would have been 5:25am for @Kuranda10 so yes, your are correct :) I believe Kuranda is our closest member to the International Dateline.

• GrannyMayOz
    Options
    And I can't see the new thread for this week's check-in. Here's a screen shot, taken at 7:18pm Tuesday night Seattle time, showing no new thread/conversations about it after I went to bed last night. Obviously the times shown are Perth (GMT +8).
    ztpckp4b8ge0.jpg

Only posting because this happened last week and it took 2 days before the thread showed in my feed. This is so strange.
  • radiii
    radiii Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's stickied, for me it shows up in the "announcements" section above the main posts.
  • GrannyMayOz
    Options
    Thanks Radii, I've gone back to the main page and can see it now!