Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, April 13th - 19th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Hello everyone!

I am feeling pretty great today.....the sun was shining and I was actually able to walk, OUTSIDE, instead of in the hallways in my apartment. We are expecting some rain this week, but are in the double digits finally!

Last week was kind of a blow, but I am feeling pretty good about the next couple weeks.....nice weather, no late shifts....life feels good right now! The only thing that sucks is that my scale broke....but I have one in the main work out area of my gym, so I can use that one days I go. I wonder how much difference it will show, as it is a different scale, and will not be first thing in the AM. I will buy another one soon, but it might take a few weeks to find one I want and that goes up to a high enough weight.....

This week my goals are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days (But be mindful what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day, and try for my 20K steps badge again, not sure which day, depends on weather
6. To blog once this week (on another site) (I have yet to meet this goal, ugh)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Try and eat at least one fruit or one vegetable for every meal during the next week. Let us know each day what fruits and veggies you ate!

Replies

• craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Italian, you should be able to find one fairly easily through Amazon. Even if you don't buy it through Amazon, it will give you a list of brands and models to search for. :)

I did pretty great on my main goal of not killing my knee last week. It is currently stiff, but not in pain or doing weird wobbly things. But my fear of hurting it really stopped me from working out as hard as I should have, and trying a different workout last week.

This week my goals are more life related than weight related. I have a lot of backburnered things that are mildly stressing me out, so I need to get some progress made on them.

1. Get my knee fixed.
    2. Get Campout stuff finished and put to bed, ready to pass on to the next Camp Director.
    3. Continue working on revamping the household routines to fit my work schedule.
    4. Continue getting the house cleaned and organized.
    5. Get my 8-10,000 steps in every day.
    6. Strength training at least 2x this week.

Weekly Mini Goal

Ooooooh, I can rock this. We have gone back to a flexitarian diet for a while (it is very good on the budget, which is tight at the moment). So my meal plan for today is a peach and banana smoothie for breakfast, bean and tomato stew over brown rice with a banana for lunch, and asparagus quiche with baked potato and broccoli for dinner.
  • booklver81
    booklver81 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello...I'm new here and don't exactly know what to write, but I'll just post my weekly goals (which will be few because I'm just starting out and baby steps are needed right now).

1. Get to the gym for cardio at least 3 times this week. This is hard for me because I have anxiety about the judgement I either see or imagine from other gym goers.
    2. Go to the gym even if my husband doesn't go.
    3. Track my meals
    4. Get my water in

Weekly Mini Goal

I will totally be trying to get this one. I have a hard time with fruits and veggies.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Welcome, booklver! Looks like a good start on goals. :) Baby steps are good steps.

I think we all understand the anxiety about going to the gym and working out. But you KNOW that most people who go to the gym feel the same way as you. They are not judging you, they think YOU are judging THEM. You have as much right to be there as anyone else, and frankly why should only people who are already in shape get to go to the gym?

Get your big ole compression pants on, grab a towel, and GO GET SWEATY!! You will feel so much better afterwards, and after a while, you will start being the judgey one "O.M.G. Really? Full makeup and you're heading towards the weight machines? I guess you're not really serious. Let me show you what SERIOUS looks like, and it is not a perfect updo after an hour at the gym!"

Or is that just me???? ;)
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, well this week I'm feeling a lot better after that root canal, and I go back next Monday for the last 2 fillings and I should be all done with my teeth for a bit ( I hope) I'm back to tracking all my food and after lunch I'm going on the treadmill to walk and zumba tonight

goals for the week

1.track all my food
    2. chat in here daily
    3. exercise 6 days this week

mini goal, I love this and I'm about to eat some fruit for lunch so this is great. thank you for it
  • craftscout
    Options
    WOOT! Getting my knee fixed is a reality!

Going to sports medicine doctor was awesome. He figured out what was wrong in, like, 10 minutes. Seriously. Turns out my patella is loose, and it's a genetic thing that my aunt has and my grandmother had.

O.M.G. I feel like I have wasted a year in pain.

Not that choosing to lose weight because I thought that my knees could no longer handle carrying nearly 400 pounds was a waste, but if I could have fixed my knees sooner, I could have pushed myself harder on walking, running, hiking, exercising, and all the things I have been trying to do to change my life but have been holding myself back for fear of really damaging myself.

BTW - the prescription for my knees? Exercise. Irony, no? Specific target exercise to strength parts of my quads that will help support my patellas. Since I will be going to a physical therapist, he also gave me a stronger pain med, too - both of us expect me to be in a lot of pain if they do the exercises right.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Great news Scout!
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Scout - It's great that you found a doctor that knows his business. They are so far and few between.

Since I failed miserably at getting to bed on time again last week, I am going to sideline that goal for a while. I'm pretty sure I already eat fruits and vegetables at every meal, but I will try to be more conscious of that. Today I had lettuce at breakfast and lunch, and strawberries and pineapples at dinner.

I wanted to try to increase my daily step count or start jogging, but now I am fighting a respiratory infection, and I don't want to push myself. My goal will be 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Shballa, ew, really? You can eat lettuce at breakfast time? There are very few vegetables my stomach can handle first thing in the morning, and lettuce definitely isn't one of them! :)
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good evening

What a long day x yesterday my son fell down stairs and today we spent most of the day at the clinic to be seen, he should be back to full speed in no time.
    We spent the rest of the day cleaning my daughter room. Talk about gross there was a banana so old I thought it Was chocolate. Don't try to picture it

Goals
    1)drinkdrinkdrink
    2) get to the ymca for that membership
    3) protein

Mini goal: fruits and veggies
    Breakfast: strawberry banana protein smoothie
    Lunch: 6 inch sub that has lettuce tomato Cucumber Peppers onions
    Supper: Cucumber and onion salad and Californi a veggies.

Lots of fruits and veggies today
  • craftscout
    Options
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Talk about gross there was a banana so old I thought it Was chocolate. Don't try to picture it

Too late. :flushed:

Im sorry to hear about your son, hope everything is better!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,620 Member
    Options
    good morning amazing people, what actives does everyone have planed for today? Today I'm going to do some videos on fitness blender and after hand out with my mom for the day.
  • craftscout
    Options
    I had my first visit with a physical therapist this morning. Non painful. He was basically doing a lot of measuring and checking angles of mobility and flexibility and what not. He sent me home with a long series of stretches and strengthening exercises to do each day. One of them is kind of funny - I literally have no limit to how many times I can do them each day. As many as I can do without pain. And they are the ones that will be doing a lot of good.

I got my interval timer all set up so that I do the stretches the appropriate amount of time (o.m.g. 30 seconds takes forever), and it's almost a half hour just for the stretches, and I'm supposed to do those twice a day! Well, if this will get me back to yoga and back to kickboxing and hiking and sitting down without pain, THEN I AM ALL IN!

Got to get to work now - gonna be dancing with the girls today. :)
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    It's good to know that it's going to be fairly easy things to get your patella back up to speed. :grin:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hello people!! How is everyone's week going thus far??

I am doing pretty good, just VERY sleep deprived, however, I am going to bed very shortly.....Hopefully I will be good to go by tomorrow....I have just been so incredibly busy that it has been late nights and early mornings for four days straight!

Craft - I am so happy for you that your knee is finally getting proper care! What is a flexitarian diet? And bean and tomato stew sounds wonderful, I looked it up and it reminds me a bit of pasta fazool, without the pasta! About lettuce at breakfast time....I know that might seem weird if you think of it like a salad or something, but what about on a breakfast sandwich? Like a BLT with egg or something?

Booklver - welcome! Always nice to see new posters! I hope to continue to see you! Baby steps are still forward moving!

Skittles - so glad your mouth is on the mend, tooth issues are terrible to deal with!

HLaR - I also pictured the banana and wished I did not.

Afura - welcome

So for the mini goal

Yesterday I had raspberries and peaches at breakfast, and salad in a wrap at lunch and dinner salad with veggies on my pizza.

Today I had only two meals, so I had berries at brunch and salad, green beans and carrots/peas at dinner.....
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Sooooo....I weighed and measured yesterday to get new starting points. Not too surprising, I have gained weight and lost muscle tone after a year of continuous injuries and illness. The monthly picture was also taken. Today I write a positive letter to myself to open next month. It is this really brutal reality thing that is so difficult for me but if I want to be successful at weightless, I have to stop hiding behind the weight.

Mini-goal is so easy for me...I could and do eat veggies and fruits throughout the day, including breakfast. So, I am going to try two new fruits or veggies this week.

My goals this week are to:
    walk outside daily
    Curves
    Meal plan for next week

Sounds like everyone is having a successful week overcoming some obstacles; way to go, group! Craft, it must be such a relief to know what's wrong with your knee so you can take the right steps to deal with it. Skittles, all I can say is ouch; I am a huge wimp when it comes to dental stuff. I woe write more but my dog is demanding attention!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Craftscout: I'm so excited for your knee to get better :)
    Italian: hope you get that much needed sleep
    Skittles: I can't wait until I feel so cheery about exercise... I know it will come with time
    Jitters: I like the letter idea, gotta try something like that

I am just yucky today,I think my sugars were off today, but I didn't actually check them because I forgot my purse and meter at home this morning! Tomorrow will be much better going to bed early tonight, husband is at work so I get the whole bed to myself

Mini goals for today: strawberry, orange protein smoothie for breakfast, had cut up fruit for lunch and had cucumbers and strawberries during dinner! I missed the mark on my water today though, and I'm suffering for it!

Hope everyone has a great morning tomorrow
  • nassi1984
    nassi1984 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ugh, bad couple of days :/ Have eaten junk and not tracked at all, made a random guess at the calories I'd consumed yesterday and 'if I ate like that every day I'd be +11lb in 5 weeks'..

Had a walk yesterday but only 5000 steps unfortunately. There will be more walking today because my eldest has a dentist appointment just under 1.5 miles away and I don't drive ;) The weathers looking great too, so might go to a country park that's nearby, which would make the total walk 4 miles/6.5km at least.

Just need to eat properly today!
  • craftscout
    Options
    Thanks for all the positivity!

Italian, a flexitarian diet is one that is mostly plant based, but doesn't exclude meat. Yesterday, the only meat I had was some bacon that I used to flavor the black eyed peas we had for dinner, maybe 1.5 oz per person. Today, we're going to have the rest of the bacon on our apple cheddar pizza for dinner, and tomorrow I'm making Hawaiian Chicken sandwiches for everyone at work, and that's pretty much all the meat we have on the menu this week. It focuses on getting most of your protein from beans, dairy, and other sources for budgetary and environmental reasons.

So goal check in:
    1. Working on the Campout thing, did some Monday, doing more today.
    2. I'm doing some FlyLady type routines, and have managed to get my bed made every morning so far. My dogs are not happy about this new development and try to tell me so by shifting the blankets back into a mess.
    3. Got a huge section of my desk cleaned yesterday.
    4. Only 6600 steps Monday, 8200 yesterday, and I'm already at 5700 for today, and I haven't started cleaning or gone to work yet.
    5. Did my strength training in Monday, plan on doing another set before work today. Also have to incorporate my new PT routines everyday.
    6. Mini goal - Tuesday: leftover asparagus quiche and an orange for lunch, black eyed peas for dinner (no extra veggies, though). Today, I will probably have leftover bean and tomato stew for lunch, and then the apple pizza for dinner.

Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I slept in until now, and am leaving for work in an hour lol, so this will be short and sweet.....

Nassi - glad to see you back. Try not to beat yourself up over what has happened, but work on getting back on the wagon!

Jltheis - glad to see you back!

HLaR - you should consider getting a second meter for your work if this happens often. I only have one meter because I have been diabetic so long I never leave home without my meter and insulin pen, but I do keep extra viles of insulin in the fridge at work because at times I rush out of the house (like today, lol), and sometimes my vile in my pen does not have enough in it to last the day.....

Mini goal today - again, two meals due to sleeping in, so peaches and berries at breakfast and a salad at dinner....

Have a good day everyone!
  • Camilleathome
    Camilleathome Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Im going out to do errands today so going to work on a long term goal of mine. learning to be able to have fast food on rare occasions without going crazy and still being under calorie goal as well for the day.

So far I've lost another two pounds for the week and feeling very proud of myself. I'm on day 15 and have yet to go over my daily alloted calories and am doing well. Popcorn has really helped with snack cravings and hubby joining in on eating healthy with me helps a lot too. I love seeing him enjoy the meals I make.