Recipes.

Options
dawnkwiatek
dawnkwiatek Posts: 324 Member
How about a place to post our tried and good recipes?

I made a good one tonight. Be back to share

Replies

• lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 I'd love to get your Crockpot Maple Dijon Chicken with Quinoa recipe. It sounds delicious!!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Crockpot maple Dijon chicken
    1 red and 2 teaspoons
    I served with a yellow of cooked quinoa

1 cup Dijon
    1/2 cup maple syrup
    2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
    1.5 pounds of raw chicken breast

Season chicken with salt and pepper and put in slow cooker.

Combine other ingredients then pour over chicken.

Cook on low 6-8 hours. Serve over brown rice or quinoa

• SatiaRenee
    SatiaRenee Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 Do you know the carb count without the quinoa? My husband is diabetic so I need to know that for him to know how much insulin to take.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    SatiaRenee wrote: »
    @dkwi04 Do you know the carb count without the quinoa? My husband is diabetic so I need to know that for him to know how much insulin to take.

I wonder if there is a way to share the recipe with you here. The quinoa was just extra
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I'm going to take pics of a couple recipes I made and loved too!

Made this last night and it was

Pecan crusted in-fried chicken strips
    Listed as 2 portions - 3chicken strips per serving
    1 yellow 1 blue 1 red
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Turkey lettuce wraps. So good and so filling. I added a yellow of brown rice mixed with black beans.

If you use just the lettuce leaf, which I did, it is 1red and 1green. Was awesome as leftovers for lunch too!!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
  • dawnkwiatek
    edited April 2015
    Options
    dkwi04 wrote: »
    SatiaRenee wrote: »

I wonder if there is a way to share the recipe with you here. The quinoa was just extra
    Ok. Here is a snap shot of my recipe from the builder. For the record my raw chicken weighed at 1.3 pounds.

I also used grade a dark Amber syrup
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    kds07s5jp042.jpg
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    Sorry for the multiple posts. I'm not sure why my phone is doing that.
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    @dkwi04 Never ever apologize for the multiple posts! Sharing is great! Alas, the chicken dish has more sugars than we typically allow per entree. Maybe we could substitute sugar free maple syrup. Yes I know that compromises the whole "clean eating" thing that is part and parcel with 21 Day Fix but his diabetic diet is more important than my eating clean. Besides, it's not like I'm not losing weight with all my compromises. I guess I just am not the best example of how to do 21DF.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I think whatever works for you and your family is great! I so would have done sugar free but I'm trying to be faithful to the clean eating. Actually, I've been trying to steer clear of too much sweet because I've developed a sweet tooth over the last few years that never existed. Im using the 21df to help with that :-)
  • cupcake570
    cupcake570 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 it's rough trying to go sugar free in my house because I'm a professional cake decorator and I have to taste everything I bake lol! Luckily I'm not overly busy during the first round of this diet. I try to take the teeniest bite just to make sure everything is good. Before I used to nosh on cske scraps all day.
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I decorate cakes as a fun hobby at times so I totally get it always trying new recipes mean you are always tasting things. Not easy!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    One Pot Beef and Vegetable Dinner
    Serves 5
    1 Red and 1 Green each serving

Ingredients:
    1 pound'ish of ground protein - I used lean beef
    1 cup (green container) of diced fresh tomato
    4 cups (green containers) of diced or shredded veggies (I used carrots, asparagus and pepper)
    salt and pepper to taste

Brown the protein and drain, add 5 red containers of that back to the pan. then cook that with the veggies - not the tomato yet. I added the southwest spice to this :) Once that is soft add the tomato and cook down to make a "sauce". I actually added like 1/2-1 cup of water to deglaze the pan and make it more of a sauce.

I served mine over quinoa and my husbands over rice (add a yellow for that)

It was really good and the possiblies are endless!
  • tbeal8706
    tbeal8706 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @dkwi04 are you finding these recipes on the 21 day fix site?
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    I find them by google/Pinterest
  • SatiaRenee
    Options
    We had this last night: Mediterranean Beef Ragout

http://www.bhg.com/recipe/beef/mediterranean-beef-ragout/

Everything is 21DF approved (although we diced our own tomatoes and added a little extra broth to make up for the lack of "undrained" canned tomatoes).

Sooooo good. The Gremolata is a must! It adds a little oomph to the flavors. I had mine over quinoa and my husband had his over brown rice. A winner!
  • dawnkwiatek
    Options
    going to pin that! What was the container breakdown?