Zombie Run

Afura
Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
I finally got around to downloading it again, and I was wondering if anyone else has used any of the Zombie Run apps? I can't be the only geek amused by zombie stuff. I've only used the Zombies 5k (and got stuck on it), but it's really fun to give you some additional motivation while running. I heard the regular Zombies Run app has you speed up to avoid Zombies, yikes. :grin:

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    We use it regularly. And you can turn off the zombie chases if you want. Somedays we have it on but somedays we dont. There is a Zombies, Run! group here on MFP.

We walk at night and live with corn fields surrounding us. Cant tell you how scary it is to be walking thru corn fields where the corn is taller than you are, and the wind just rustle them. My heart beats faster than just walking alone!
  • Afura
    I agree! I can't see doing Zombies 5k at night, let alone in with corn fields. :grimace: I was a part of the Zombies 5k but there was no talk, I do still belong to the regular one.
  • Alliwan
    we have Zombies Run! all 3 seasons, all the addons and side missions and radio modes, along with The Walk by them and the Z25K. REally enjoy the storyline and even the side missions but Eugene and Jack on radio mode are the best!
  • Afura
    I'll have to pick them up when I get paid, I never got past Week 3 I couldn't run as much as they wanted (even at the time I was in better shape, several pounds lighter), but I always like the training missions, it gave me something to look forward to instead of just listening to music. I could probably use some new music. :lol:
  • Alliwan
    Afura wrote: »
    I'll have to pick them up when I get paid, I never got past Week 3 I couldn't run as much as they wanted (even at the time I was in better shape, several pounds lighter), but I always like the training missions, it gave me something to look forward to instead of just listening to music. I could probably use some new music. :lol:

Im sure we could always use new music. The Zombies Run! is different than the Z25K, so if you havent tried it you should. It is a whole storyline with sound effects and all, and you can turn off the zombie chases if you dont want to move faster. You can also leave them on and if the zombs catch you the most you lose is an item but the story continues.
  • Afura
    Very nice! I won't lie, when I saw someone on the Zombies Run group mention that they couldn't move fast enough to escape the Zombies, I was telling myself there's no way, I'd be zombie chow in no time.
  • Alliwan
    Very nice! I won't lie, when I saw someone on the Zombies Run group mention that they couldn't move fast enough to escape the Zombies, I was telling myself there's no way, I'd be zombie chow in no time.

There is a trick to that too. If you leave the chases on, you can wait til they are 100m behind you. You get notifications ever few seconds how far they are behind you. At about 100m, but on a burst of speed, i think it is 20% faster than you were going previously until you lose them, which isnt overly long.

Or you can just turn off the chases lol
  • Afura
    Alliwan wrote: »

There is a trick to that too. If you leave the chases on, you can wait til they are 100m behind you. You get notifications ever few seconds how far they are behind you. At about 100m, but on a burst of speed, i think it is 20% faster than you were going previously until you lose them, which isnt overly long.

I'm excited to try them out. It's hot in the sun so I may start walking in the evening, but I doubt I'll try and do Zombies at night :wink: I think I'll try the chase at first to see how it goes, maybe I can out shamble the zoms!
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan wrote: »

I'm excited to try them out. It's hot in the sun so I may start walking in the evening, but I doubt I'll try and do Zombies at night :wink: I think I'll try the chase at first to see how it goes, maybe I can out shamble the zoms!

HAHA, i always take my daughter and hubby, I'd NEVER have the guts to go at night by myself and do it.

Daughter always teases me I run slower than I walk, that I shamble like a zom LOL. Found a t-shirt the other day that said 'I run. I run slower than a herd of turtles thru peanut butter, but I run.'
  • Afura
    I've seen that one! It's much more motivational than my "Mind of a Ninja, body of a manatee" (with a picture of a ninja manatee).
  • Afura
    @Alliwan I ended up getting it last Thursday, man so much less pressure than the 5k, I just do what I want (walk). I'm on 3 missions right now, trying to construct my base nicely.
  • Alliwan
    Nice!! I love the ZR butter than the 5k also, more story. glad you got and you love it!
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    I have this app! I'm in the middle of season two. I really get into it but I haven't run in a while so it's difficult lol. Do you guys use zombie link as well? I think it's so fun to rep the rewards of your hard work! Wish my base was bigger lol
  • Afura
    I do, I used it on the ZR5k as well though you don't get anything with that besides the run log. I have a wee little base, still trying to figure everything out. :grin: It's part of what motivates me to get out there. I need more materials!
  • Alliwan
    I do, I used it on the ZR5k as well though you don't get anything with that besides the run log. I have a wee little base, still trying to figure everything out. :grin: It's part of what motivates me to get out there. I need more materials!

same here! lol daughter loves to create and change my base but she goes on the missions with me so she's entitled to some say I think.
    e_elizb wrote: »
    I have this app! I'm in the middle of season two. I really get into it but I haven't run in a while so it's difficult lol. Do you guys use zombie link as well? I think it's so fun to rep the rewards of your hard work! Wish my base was bigger lol

We start off the season walking with no chases but by the time winter snows us in we are doing the chases. Always working to make our base bigger too.
  • Afura
    I'm out of the building spanners for my base, argh, this is what really motivates me to get ou there. I mean I want to walk, but... I need the spanners. I'm over population, but I don't have enough room to put in +capacity buildings (because I fat finger dropped a building in the wrong spot). The horrorrrrrrrr!