Hello, new here and just 5'1"

Options
GabinkaP
GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
I used to be 5'2" on a good day but apparently you shrink a bit when you age.

Anyway, 140 looks big on me. When I lived in the Czech Republic and walked all the time (in mountains, no less), 110 was effortless. But I was younger then and I have a sedentary lifestyle now. And I've surpassed 140. I got close to 150. So I'm dieting again. This time with a goal of 125.

Replies

• 64mustangsue
    64mustangsue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and 1/2" (at least I hope I still have that 1/2") and have found now that I am 50 it is harder than ever to stay the same or to loose. I hit my goal weight of 102 almost 3 years ago and have stayed within a couple pounds. I still track what I eat, it keeps me honest. Unfortunately, a few pounds on us small framed peeps shows.
  • GabinkaP
    Options
    Yep. I just turned 43 and knowing it was going to be harder because I'm older didn't help me get motivated. I'm just going to keep trying, I suppose. But I'm going to diet my way. I don't want to live a life of depriving myself every meal of every day.
  • 64mustangsue
    64mustangsue Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't deprive myself, that only makes me want something more. My keys to success is moderation. If I want Pizza, I have pizza for one meal with smaller portions and compensate the remaining meals staying at or under calories for the day.
  • lottiedoug
    lottiedoug Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5ft 1/2 ". Unless I've shrunk since I was last measured. I really need to lose at least 3 stone as I will be hitting 60 in December. What an awful thought. ( dreading it) . I'm hoping I will be able to make new friends here who can give me the help and support I need to do it.
  • GabinkaP
    Options
    I've lost 11 pounds now. So it pays to keep going. Go for it, lottiedoug!
  • 007sweetpea
    007sweetpea Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yip I'm 48 and keeping the weight off has become a real struggle. At times it's almost soul destroying when the weight just won't budge...
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hear ya about the soul destroying part. I got hit with a diagnosis of hypothyroidism just after my 40th birthday. Some ways it felt good to finally get an explanation for all the weight gain and the trouble to lose it, but it's a tough road to recovery. I have started a doctors treatment program to lose weight and I'm 4 weeks in and over 10 pounds down. And best of all my energy is at an all time HIGH!
    I'd love to connect with anyone that's on a similar path as me. Doesn't have to be exact as we are all unique little snowflakes ☺️ and I also love hearing from people that have different perspectives. BUT you have to be petite. 5'3" and under. Tall people have different perspectives literally. Lol.

My stats (ugh) truth time
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hmmm. posting from my iPhone sucks. some reason the last part of my post didn't post. The stat part.
    here it is:

height: 5' 2.5" (I heard about a petite gal that lost a lot of weight and actually GAINED an INCH in HEIGHT! something about less compression on her spine, blah blah, science, blah blah. Could be an urban myth, but I'm hitching my star to that possibility! hmmm then I'd 5' 3.5"....would I be kicked out of this group? perhaps I'll worry about that later. lol)

Start Weight June 29th: 170.4 (a record high for me...without a bun in the oven)
    Current Weight August 2nd: 156.6
    Goal Weight: 135
    Dream Goal weight: 120 - 125

Then I wrote something really witty. But can't remember what it was. So.....insert laugh here. :p

Then I wrote something inspirational.....and attached this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc&list=RDxo1VInw-SKc#t=25

Thanks for reading this long post! and especially for being my motivation and support - you weight losing beast you!