Daily check-in Week 2 ~ April 13th - 19th

Options

Replies

• maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I bought lots of veggies and fruits yesterday so I'm hoping I could eat more nutritious foods this week. I want to train my taste buds to appreciate nutritious foods more because last week, I've been wasting 3/4 of my calories with bread and peanut butter. I'm focusing on my diet this week. I need to take it slow. Maybe I can up my exercise by next week.
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Today was one of those days that just sucked. I was an emotional al wreck, nothing worked right, and it's now past midnight and I'm not in bed yet. I went over my calorie limit today, but I'm still wicked hungry and have been for hours. I'm trying to focus on the positive, though, which is that I didn't cave in to emotional eating. I thought about it. I even started to. Ate some chocolate. Brought out the chips. I was all set to binge. But I didn't. I put the chips away, didn't eat anything else until dinner, and skipped the usual pasta side dish I make with steaks for dinner. I was still over my calories at the end of the day, but I'm trying to look at it as a victory and stay positive, focused, and on-track. Tomorrow will be better.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Feel good about today, even with the rain I got my steps in. I do need to start jogging again but not with wet roads. I also got in my 120 oz. of water. So all and all a good day!
  • scrapbookingtm
    scrapbookingtm Posts: 1,916 Member
    Options
    Well we got snow today but hat didn't stop me. My treadmill got a workout. lol and I also got in some strength training too. :smiley:
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    @Fizzgig168, if I had gotten sweets and chips out and then managed to put them away without eating much/any I would see it as a huge victory for me. I've never managed to put things away after getting them out - thankfully for me I haven't gotten anything out in a while. Way to go you! :smiley:

@maicap22, I tried to train myself to like black beans a while ago. I think it was working as I was eating more of them as time passed. I hadn't fully liked them but I disliked them less if that makes sense. Then I got distracted by something and stopped. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :D
  • natashanicholls123
    natashanicholls123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Well my last couple of days have really sucked. I'm very disappointed in myself. On Monday I was going to have a cheat meal. Some how that turned into two full blown cheat days. I keep doing this and hating myself afterwards. It's time to smarten up. I can't complain about the results I didn't work for. Still 5 days until weigh in hoping that I can still hit my goal for the week.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 Check-In!!
    Today my workout partner wasn't able to make it to the gym so apparently I felt the need to keep hitting snooze on my alarm and did not get up in time to go....I hate when I do this because I always feel twice as tired throughout the day but like I said before...I vowed to go at least 3 times a week and I have yet to go less than 4 :)
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 3 check in - Feeling scattered and a little discouraged. This morning, I ate some food that didn't really serve me well....
    Hoping to make a plan and establish a framework that will work for me.
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3:
    I am also feeling a bit of frustration today. I've been under calories every day, weighing my food, going to the gym, standing at work instead of sitting, drinking only water, etc... but the scale just won't cooperate. My logical brain knows that I shouldn't weigh myself every morning and that weight fluctuates, especially after a change in workout regimen or if my period is coming on. But my emotional brain just wants to scream at the scale or at myself. I start to panic that maybe I just can't lose more than 10 pounds. In previous weight loss attempts, I lose about 10 pounds then the scale stops moving or starts going up and then I quit. I really don't want that to happen again. Maybe I should just throw my scale away or ask my husband to hide it. Okay, end rant.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Check in time! I'm still working on getting the food under control, I tend to go over my cals every day, not too much but still this girl needs to get a grip! Even with weighing I still go over. LOL

The good thing is I'm still on my workout kick, every Mon - Fri I try to get 40-60 minutes of exercise in so that means getting up at 5:15 but hey, its worth it. I'm looking a smidge smaller and the scale has only gone down 2 lbs! I stepped on the scale today and noticed I'm now down (consistently I should add) to 153.2 so I need to update the spreadsheet.

The end of this week will be hard because its my lovely TOTM... this is where I usually fail at eating and go insane. I'm going to try my best to keep on track.
  • 2CABetterMe
    2CABetterMe Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3 - Have definitely got to get better at checking in. Saw a decrease in my weight this week and know that it's because I've been consistent with logging what I eat and trying to stay within my calorie range. I need to increase my cardio this week so that I can burn more calories. I've been getting the water in and that's a good thing.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Fizzgig168 wrote: »
    I was all set to binge. But I didn't. I put the chips away, didn't eat anything else until dinner, and skipped the usual pasta side dish I make with steaks for dinner. I was still over my calories at the end of the day, but I'm trying to look at it as a victory and stay positive, focused, and on-track. Tomorrow will be better.
    That is a serious victory, emotional binge eating is something a lot of us do, and don't have the willpower to stop, so awesome job!
    @MayorGrimby I have a friend that feels she HAS to weigh every day, I don't like to weigh every day because I know it's going to go up/down/same and drive me crazy. Maybe trying weaning yourself off, weigh every other day then after a few weeks every 3 days, etc.?

I've been mostly under calories, I wish I could sneak more in that hits all my macros, but eating with diabetes is a PITA, I can't just pick up some milk or a piece of cheese (sugar spikes), and if I pair it with anything I'm over another macro (usually fat).
  • MammaxFive
    MammaxFive Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 3, after a stressful weekend I'm back to the exercise routine. I started doing T25 again yesterday, I did it 5-6 times a week last fall for about a month and I lost 7lbs, then I slacked off thru the holidays and the 7lbs came back. So I'm hoping I can stick with it this time.
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    @ACSL3 Thank you so much for your words of encouragement! It helps so much to have someone else tell me that it's a victory, too, if that makes sense.

@MayorGrimby I really understand your frustration. I get very discouraged if I have more than a day or two with no weight loss. I won't tell you what your logical brain already knows, but I do have two tips that might help: One, you could try taking your measurements and checking those as well as your weight. Sometimes you're losing fat but not weight because of muscle gain or water retention. Tracking your measurements might help get you over your "static weight days." Two, there are some nifty apps that will track trends in your weight loss, so that even if you haven't seen a loss for a few days (or on those dreadful days where you get a small gain spike), you'll still be able to see that your overall trend is downward. I downloaded Libra a few weeks ago, and it's been helping me a lot to not get so hung up on the days where I don't lose.

@strong_curves 40-60 minutes of exercise five days a week is fantastic! Especially if you're getting up that early to do it! Even if you're going over on your food, you're clearly making good progress and that's fantastic. Go you! I always get binge cravings like mad about 5 days before my period starts. It's tough. Maybe try paying extra attention to getting your protein in, so you feel less hungry? Or stock up on snacky foods that aren't going to wreck your calories, like Special K baked chips? However you do it, good luck!
  • maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    ACSL3 wrote: »
    @maicap22, I tried to train myself to like black beans a while ago. I think it was working as I was eating more of them as time passed. I hadn't fully liked them but I disliked them less if that makes sense. Then I got distracted by something and stopped. Good luck and let us know how it goes! :D

Thanks! I think though it's working because I am beginning to eat more fruits and veggies and less bread and peanut butter. I am still on my 4th day though so hopefully this continues. I like that I feel fuller longer, maybe because of the fiber. I also find that I crave less sweets since eating more fruits. They are sweet but more nutritious and less in calories than what I am used to.
  • nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 4

I'm trying very hard not to give up. Have MCL issues in one knee - had been OK but major flare up on the weekend, so couldn't get to Yoga or Reformer classes. Also, business trip and eating out = not good for my weight loss. Time to get back on track and stay focused. I know this isn't a quick fix but I'm really upset about this set back.
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    SW (8/19/14) 237.7
    CW (4/2/15) 195.2
    GW (7/4/15) 175.2
    UGW 165

4/16/15: 194.4
    Total Loss: -.8 19.2 to go
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 4 Check-In!
    This morning I got a mile on the treadmill and did Legs (my favorite) and some abs
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Week 2 day 4 borrowed my husbands fitbit for the day. I got on the elliptical and apparently only did a little over 300 steps, I'm not certain it counted them all. But I'm working hard to lose this weight. Anyone have some good workout routines that are working? Gym or home either one would be great!
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3:
    I am also feeling a bit of frustration today. I've been under calories every day, weighing my food, going to the gym, standing at work instead of sitting, drinking only water, etc... but the scale just won't cooperate. My logical brain knows that I shouldn't weigh myself every morning and that weight fluctuates, especially after a change in workout regimen or if my period is coming on. But my emotional brain just wants to scream at the scale or at myself. I start to panic that maybe I just can't lose more than 10 pounds. In previous weight loss attempts, I lose about 10 pounds then the scale stops moving or starts going up and then I quit. I really don't want that to happen again. Maybe I should just throw my scale away or ask my husband to hide it. Okay, end rant.

BOY can I relate!!! The scale and I have a love/hate relationship. If the number is up, I feel discouraged all day, but if I stop weighing, personally, I tend to go off the rails. It's taken a long time, but it helps to disassociate for a bit. Take the scale numbers as just numbers, not a reflection of the effort you are putting in... hang in there!
    Check in time! I'm still working on getting the food under control, I tend to go over my cals every day, not too much but still this girl needs to get a grip! Even with weighing I still go over. LOL

The good thing is I'm still on my workout kick, every Mon - Fri I try to get 40-60 minutes of exercise in so that means getting up at 5:15 but hey, its worth it. I'm looking a smidge smaller and the scale has only gone down 2 lbs! I stepped on the scale today and noticed I'm now down (consistently I should add) to 153.2 so I need to update the spreadsheet.

The end of this week will be hard because its my lovely TOTM... this is where I usually fail at eating and go insane. I'm going to try my best to keep on track.

Hurray for the work out kick!!! Such a good mental boost, too! Re: TOTM - Forewarned is forearmed... Good for you for seeing that it's coming.

~~~
    Still kind of hanging in there food-wise. Scale number hasn't moved in awhile and it's frustrating. Also about 5 lbs higher than I care to be. Haven't been the most disciplined with food lately, so that's definitely a factor.

Aiming to buckle down tonight and tomorrow to weigh in on Saturday.

Hang in there, everyone!!!!
This discussion has been closed.