Daily check-in Week 2 ~ April 13th - 19th

Options

Replies

• strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    @taelor2 I work out at home, treadmill and videos from youtube. Right now my favorites are fitnessblender and Jillian Michaels. Next week I'm going to be adding a bit more strength training, I treated myself to the Bowflex 552 adjustable weights.

@Fizzgig168 When I first started getting up that early to workout it was torture, now that I'm 2 months into it it's gotten so much easier. The only thing is I have to start off on the treadmill, that walking really wakes me up and then I can do the 2nd half of my workout. My favorite totm snacks are popcorn and chocolate but I'll look into the special K sun chips. Thx for the suggestion.
  • Lindsayannb
    Lindsayannb Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 3:
    I am also feeling a bit of frustration today. I've been under calories every day, weighing my food, going to the gym, standing at work instead of sitting, drinking only water, etc... but the scale just won't cooperate. My logical brain knows that I shouldn't weigh myself every morning and that weight fluctuates, especially after a change in workout regimen or if my period is coming on. But my emotional brain just wants to scream at the scale or at myself. I start to panic that maybe I just can't lose more than 10 pounds. In previous weight loss attempts, I lose about 10 pounds then the scale stops moving or starts going up and then I quit. I really don't want that to happen again. Maybe I should just throw my scale away or ask my husband to hide it. Okay, end rant.

I can identify 100%! I just want to yell at the scale sometimes! I've been good, stayed under/at my calorie goal, exercised, drank plenty of water and sometimes it still won't budge. Oh if only the weight came off as easy at it went on!
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 4:
    Feeling much better today than I did yesterday. Sometimes you just need to vent to put things in perspective. Thanks for the responses, @Afura @Fizzgig168 @focused5 and @Lindsayannb ! It's nice to know I'm not the only one having a love/hate relationship with the scale! I am proud that after being so frustrated and in such a funk yesterday, I did not feel any temptation to run to junk food. As a total emotional eater, that is a big thing for me. Happy Thursday, everyone!
  • MeOnlyBetterX60
    MeOnlyBetterX60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Afura wrote: »
    I'm tired. Maybe it's Monday, maybe it's me, maybe it's Maybelline. I walked roughly 2 miles yesterday, and did 100 sets of lunges. After sitting at my desk for a few hours I was achey! I've brought clothes so I could walk after work, at least a little! Though I just realized I have nothing defrosted for dinner/tomorrows lunch. Dag nabit.

Maybe it's Maybelline, hahah
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Someone got it! :lol: Today isn't going well, got more interupted sleep than I did the previous night, already got into a cranky spat with my manager (he's a really good guy, he has his cranky moments too). Couldn't get away from the phones to get a morning snack (I had two glasses of water to help) so by lunch I was starving, but I'm really tired. Still raining out, so I'm going to take a bit of a drive after work to go to the larger mall to walk instead.
  • MeOnlyBetterX60
    MeOnlyBetterX60 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Doing awesome this week. Ate like a piggy last weekend but jumped right back in Monday morning and have eaten out twice and made excellent choices. Yeah getting down to the "wow haven't seen that # in 5 years" doing a little dance.
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have really been struggling to stay on track. My nephew's birthday was last Saturday. We had pizza, cake, ice cream... Sunday a friend I hadn't seen in AGES showed up at my door step and we had a few drinks. Monday was a work food day for an upcoming birthday. There was cake and icecream at work again today, another food day tomorrow, and a food day next week. Sometimes I think i'd be better off staying home!!

I have managed to resist, for the most part. I have been walking the dogs, which helps... My scale finally moved a little this week, too. It's true what they say, weight loss is not linear...

I guess I just have to keep on keeping on!
  • Mspmpayne
    Mspmpayne Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    So far so good, but I'm still working off weight I gained from our vacation least week. So mad at myself. Once I start eating yummy food like I did it's so hard to go back. Plus I figured out that for every week I backslide it puts me behind THREE WEEKS on my weight loss journey. 1 week being on vacation eating, 2nd week working off some of the gained weight, and the third week finishing up losing the vacation weight gained (provide I do good getting it off) SO NOT WORTH IT. Yes we had fun and it was great sitting outside in downtown historic Savannah enjoying outside eating but I need to come up with a better game plan. Well giving up is not an option. Lessoned learned. =)
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Feeling pretty good today. No more easter candy in the house which is definitely helping. Have work this evening, which can be good or bad. Sometimes I eat like a pig there, and sometimes I'm pretty good at controlling myself. Lots of standing and walking around which is a plus.
    Hopefully can get a workout tomorrow, pending when I wake up. Have work tomorrow at 3 so we'll see.
  • LogicalDaydreamer
    LogicalDaydreamer Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Checking in and trying to avoid some major stress eating - some life developments today that are largely good, but still stressful. I had my grad school plan all set out for the fall next year, and I was all pumped and ready to go to Wisconsin. But today, I got an 11th hour offer of admission from Yale with full funding. I don''t know that it changes anything, but it is one more thing to think about that I wasn't really counting on thinking about. I really just want to pile into the poutine. :wink:

(might cross post this, so if you see it elsewhere, it is because I am a little too frazzled to write up something novel :tongue:)
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I had my grad school plan all set out for the fall next year, and I was all pumped and ready to go to Wisconsin. But today, I got an 11th hour offer of admission from Yale with full funding.

That's awesome! Congratulations!
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Checking in and trying to avoid some major stress eating - some life developments today that are largely good, but still stressful. I had my grad school plan all set out for the fall next year, and I was all pumped and ready to go to Wisconsin. But today, I got an 11th hour offer of admission from Yale with full funding. I don''t know that it changes anything, but it is one more thing to think about that I wasn't really counting on thinking about. I really just want to pile into the poutine. :wink:

(might cross post this, so if you see it elsewhere, it is because I am a little too frazzled to write up something novel :tongue:)

Wow!! That's a good kind of stress!!! Congrats, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

• maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5th day of good eating today. I hope I can endure till the day ends to call it a win. I always never get through more than 3 days since I fell off the wagon, which is already 2 months ago. If I manage to pull this through the whole week, I may have a possible chance of continuing this for more weeks to come. :) I am very positive today since I am still full from the salad, fruit and oatmeal I ate earlier.

Still no improvement in exercise dept, but I think I can deal with that later. I always have to deal with my eating first before my exercise routine. One step at a time. :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It is raining again here, I got up at 6 before it started, fed the ducks and got in a short walk before the rain hit. Found it very easy today to get in my 120 oz of water so that made me happy
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    taelor2 wrote: »
    Week 2 day 4 borrowed my husbands fitbit for the day. I got on the elliptical and apparently only did a little over 300 steps, I'm not certain it counted them all. But I'm working hard to lose this weight. Anyone have some good workout routines that are working? Gym or home either one would be great!

Fitbit can be hit or miss with the elliptical. I have one and it works well for me, but I generally put the crosstrainer on the elliptical at a high number, so I'm doing more of an up/down motion rather than front/back. My dad puts his on his shoe because he does more of a front/back with the crosstrainer low - then after he syncs it with the website he manually adds in double the number (since it's only picking up on one stride when its on his shoe). Hopefully that makes sense and I didn't confuse you lol :)

I've been doing better since starting this challenge and I have all of you to thank of it! Knowing I have to put my weight on the spreadsheet really helps me. Also, I have my physical fitness test for the Navy coming up and if I fail the weigh in then I fail the whole thing. While they wouldn't kick me out (I've never failed before) it could greatly hinder my next promotion in rank. This challenge may just be a big part of helping me get to a point where my weight is low enough I won't even have to worry about my Navy weigh ins anymore - recently they've been so stressful for me (am I going to pass, what if I don't pass, etc)!

Hope all of you are doing well and it's been great catching up on everyone's day/progress :smiley:
  • focused5
    focused5 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Checking in for Friday, April 17. I had a gain over last weekend (emotional eating, much?) and am only now back down to my starting weight... Kinda frustrating but trying to push through. Working on a meal/plan of eating to help give myself some framework.

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 5 Check-In!!
    I got 1.03 Miles in on the treadmill in addition to Arms and Abs!
    Scale was up today, not too happy about that but I keep telling myself it's muscle I am gaining not fat!
    Have a great weekend everyone!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    focused5 wrote: »
    Checking in for Friday, April 17. I had a gain over last weekend (emotional eating, much?) and am only now back down to my starting weight... Kinda frustrating but trying to push through. Working on a meal/plan of eating to help give myself some framework.

But you are back down to your starting weight and that's wonderful. Keep it up, you can do this!
  • jewelsjok
    jewelsjok Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Did my weigh in today for the week and haven't lost anything. It's actually good news considering I've been slacking a lot. Tomorrow is my birthday so know it is going to be another bad weekend. Oh well, Sunday I start over again. Hope everyone has a great weekend planned!
  • lifeisspiffy
    lifeisspiffy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Did my weigh-in today. Lost about half pound, which is pretty good considering how much Easter candy I had this past weekend.
    Today will be a good day. Work again for 9 hours. Will pack tuna, grapes, and string cheese for dinner. Plus maybe some crackers. Feel pretty good. Hopefully work is as nice as it was yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.