Ted Talk on the Chemistry of Weight Loss

Options
rpyle111
rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
Saw this on the main forums. Very interesting talk on what physically happens to fat molecules and how they leave the body.

Science heavy concepts but well presented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuIlsN32WaE

Rob

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Really neat! Thanks for sharing.
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that post! I love the way TED talks break it all down.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rob, very interesting and informative. So it other words Ted is telling us to push away for the table quicker and to keep moving after you have. lol
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I loved this! I had a yogi who constantly told us the secret was in the breathe...turns out they were right. There are many yoga exercises that focus solely on breathing that can be incorporating into your nighttime wind down after your gym workouts - the benefits are amazing.
  • tlogesi
    tlogesi Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great Ted Talk (I'm hooked on Ted Talks, currently binge watching them on my Roku)

https://www.ted.com/talks/sandra_aamodt_why_dieting_doesn_t_usually_work?language=en

Here's another, she talks about why diets don't work (we've all heard the reasons), but she also talks about what to do about it, and for me, she has emphasized the most important point for me, and that is "Mindful Eating".

My RNY has given me a huge advantage in controlling the amount I eat, but if I can focus on mindful eating every time I take a bite, I have a much better chance of meeting my goals.
  • Mojame9
    Mojame9 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Essential viewing for anyone trying to lose weight. Understand it so you can attack it!
  • Mojame9
    Mojame9 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    tlogesi wrote: »
    Great Ted Talk (I'm hooked on Ted Talks, currently binge watching them on my Roku)

My RNY has given me a huge advantage in controlling the amount I eat, but if I can focus on mindful eating every time I take a bite, I have a much better chance of meeting my goals.

What's RNY
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    RNY = Roux en Y, or Gastric Bypass

Very interesting Ted talk! I've never considered where the weight loss goes before. Thanks for posting!