Guys too

Options
Ok, I'm in reasonable shape, work out frequently, but after a couple of cruises this year, a lot of left over Halloween candy, and quitting smoking in June, a few extra pounds have crept on. Diabetes runs in my family, so I try to maintain my weight, but have almost always had a "soft tummy", and a terrible sweet tooth. I've been bulking up at the gym the last few months with weight training, but want to trim the body fat down now. I had to go buy new pants recently because old ones don't fit now. (never had to do that before) According to my calculations I need to lose about 15-18 lbs to be at the % body fat I'd like to achieve. May not sound like much to some, but hey, we're all trying to achieve the same thing. I took "before" pics on thanksgiving to inspire me and hopefully others, not if, but when I achieve my goal. So let's get this rolling......

Replies

• acf6b
    acf6b Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am kind of in the same boat, always been thin but have stomach fat. Diabetes runs in my family as well as other things. I actually lost 20 lbs but with the beginning of the year added back some weight. I have bulked up a little and my body fat % has dropped to 14.4 but now I have plateau'd I am thinking about getting into running or changing my work out but no idea what works best
  • Jbvilla
    Jbvilla Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. I am 53, 6' 1" . Jumped on the scale today and weigh 194. My weight was hovering around 205 all last last year. Right now I am trying to maintain a 1900 calorie diet. And my weight is moving down. Didn't realize how hard it would be. It seems I can't drink anything but water all day. I do have a couple of cocktails in the evening. I try to do at least 30 minutes of cardio everyday. I have a bet with my girl friend that I can stay under 195 for 30 days. "I get special treatment if I do" lol. When I get to 190 I plan on doing more serious weight training to tone up more and increase my calorie intake to around 2500.
  • acf6b
    acf6b Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    good luck with the 30 days! I am at my target weight but have to work on my stomach the most. I am trying to break from drinking alcohol which is hard being social, but drinking water all day is a chore of it's own but worth it. I just use a shake cup at work and one at home and drink a gallon of water a day, now I am trying to work on a core routine. I do about 30+ mins of cycling a day and run a couple times a week right now. once I get the core routine down I will work on having more weight training involved.
  • TKRV
    TKRV Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can I ask what you guys do for food. I like to think I eat well, and have been trying to be vegetarian or vegan half the days of the week. My boyfriend just moved in with me a few months back and thought he'd lose weight just by eating what I do. However, that doesn't seem to be happening. I feel bad that he feels bad about how he looks and really just want to help. Any suggestions on how I can help him out?