Options
pearlheidi
pearlheidi Posts: 59 Member
I've been trying but can't seem to lose weight

Replies

• neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    What have you been trying? Have you tried counting calories and making sure you stay at a deficit?
  • CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    This was me for a while... in fact, I put on more weight while trying to lose. I researched and decided to try intermittent fasting. In the first week, I've lost 2.5 pounds, which is pretty amazing for me. It's not for everyone, but if you've tried other things that aren't working, it's an option.
  • deanngore
    deanngore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You should take a look at flexible eating its going pretty well for me and you can still have A cookie :)
  • AAAmamak
    AAAmamak Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Make sure you stay hydrated. I struggle too and lose weight very slowly. Make sure you count every calorie even down to that bite-size snickers (speaking from experience). The most important thing is to stick with it. It is a lifelong process.
  • WillowThorn
    WillowThorn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you're counting calories carefully (weigh your food!) and maintaining a deficit, you will lose weight. Exercise doesn't hurt either! Just be careful that your deficit isn't too high (meaning you eat too little) as this is counterproductive. Aim to eat between 1300-1500 calories a day, depending on your activity level, at least at first. When you become a little more experienced then you can play with the numbers. You will probably feel hungry at first, but your body adjusts and you realize it's plenty of food. For me, it only took a few days. Just be sure that your calories aren't empty! If it has protein, for example, you'll feel full longer.
  • ShrinkingMandy80
    ShrinkingMandy80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm right with you. It's so super frustrating. I've been counting calories and working my butt off (30-60 mins elliptical, yoga every.friggin.day) and have yet to drop more that 2 lbs over the past 3 weeks. My husband said he can tell I've slimmed down and I can see it in my face but the scale just ain't givin' it up! I wanted to cry the other day. Hang in there! I'm being told I'm gaining muscle and it's keeping the number from moving. Maybe that's it for you too. You aren't alone in wanting to hulk smash your scale!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    @ShrinkingMandy80 Try measuring as well. Fat weighs less than muscle, so that could be what's happening for you.
  • myuncutworld
    myuncutworld Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I think we can all here relate to the struggle.
    1) Go to doctor, have them do a full lab range blood work, including thyroid and vitamin D.
    2) How active are you? You need to truly be honest, ie I work in an office all day. I am on my *kitten* 99% of the day. When you set your goals set them with you accurate activity level. (for me it's sedentary)
    3) Are you going over daily on your allotted caloric content?
    4) Are you logging your food? This has helped me immensely to loose weight, I have not yet implemented exercise. I lost 15 lbs in 6 weeks. (5 more than i expected to loose in that time)