Introducing me

Options
jorinya
jorinya Posts: 933 Member
Hi, I'm Joanne, 35, happily married for almost 14 years and mother of handsome boys and one beautiful girl. I am originally from Ireland and living in Nigeria. I am a Christian but was born a Catholic. I searched for many years before I found a wonderful relationship with Jesus. I have been struggling with my weight for a few years now and thank God I am finally watching the scales go down and not up.

Replies

• cchef1
    cchef1 Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I am cc and a mother of 3. We will be celebrating 10 years of marriage this year. My husband is from Nigeria. What city are you in? I became a Christian in 2011 and have not looked back. Thanking God for changing me!
    Trying to lose weight after my last baby. He is 10 months
  • nickmonaco79
    nickmonaco79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello Joanne, my name is Nicole. I am 36, I have 2 wonderful sons and 1 daughter!! I too was born a catholic and now have a really deep realtionship with Jesus. I have struggled with my weight on and off for several years!! I am so thankful for what I have in my life, this is just the one area I have always need help with. I pray often for courage to keep the fight going with my weight. This is such a great group idea, hopefully more people will join!! I have about 100Ibs to lose which I realize is A LOT!! Would be great to encourage each other. I live in Canada.
  • jorinya
    Options
    CC, I am in Lagos but wish I was in my husband's place where the people are so open, friendly and caring. I guess God knows why I am here and what He wants me to do here. Wow, a 10 month old baby boy, cherish every second of him when he is so young because he will grow so fast you will wonder where the time has gone. I lost weight after my little girl was born by walking. That was home in Ireland where there are beautiful green rolling hills and crystal clear water. I'm a bit homesick now. Oh well, God knows best.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Nicole, I know how you feel about the weight thing. I was so skinny about 2-3 years ago but since moving to Nigeria I put on so much weight I hardly recognise myself sometimes. I believe God has already given you the courage you need to succeed in you journey and like many others, including myself, all that is needed it to do your best and let God do the rest. We are only human and unfortunately for us that means falling down sometimes. Its how we get back up, dust ourselves off and continue the race. Remember the battle is for God and not us to fight, I'm talking to myself too now. How God loves us that even when we encourage someone we find ourselves encouraging ourselves too. Have Faith and take heart for God, Our Father, has heard your prayers and will never leave you or forsake you ever.
    On the group idea, I wasn't going to start one but I felt that it was what God wanted me to do. So I did it and named it as He showed me and used the pic of the woman at the well because that shows the heart of Jesus best. He didn't have to pass through Samaria but He did, just to meet her. He didn't have to drink but He went to the well just to talk to her. He didn't go there to meet a righteous woman, He went there to meet her a sinner. After meeting with Jesus she never was the same again.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Marcella. I am 57, married, 2 young adult sons. Celebrate 25 years of marriage tomorrow. I have lost about 20 pounds and have just over 40 to go. Love eating healthy. As the weight is coming off, I am getting back to a more active lifestyle.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Welcome Marcella, Congratulations on your 25th Wedding Anniversary. Wow, that is an inspiration in this day and age. Great to hear you are so successful in your weight loss journey, keep it up!!!