The Insanity Meal Plan

Options
KingsGirl4
KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
Is anyone following the meal plan?

I have been since day 1 (I am currently on day 18). I love the meal plan because it is really similar to my normal diet and it actually has me eating a lot more carbs than I'm used to which is nice.

The first week I ate the same meals every day. The second week, I changed the meals around and I noticed my energy level went way down. So This upcoming week I'm going to switch back to what I ate the first week and see if that's what is making the difference in my energy levels.

Anyone else have comments/questions/tips about the meal plan?

Replies

• princesswarrior1
    princesswarrior1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am through the first week and am not following the meal plan, partly because I am not a huge fan of eggs. I am trying to eat things that help with my recovery and energy level though. I have also noticed that I need to eat the calories I've burned back in order to help me recover.
  • Lt_Happy
    Lt_Happy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I purchase my insanity set used. Didn't come with anything about a meal plan. What is it?
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    It's more of a nutrition guide. You can find a copy online. It lays out a bunch of meal choices to choose from.
  • FabianRodriguez94
    FabianRodriguez94 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the meal plan exactly, however I do eat within the range of calories provided (which is conveniently the same as what MFP recommends) and eat the recommended macro percentages (40/40/20). With this, my energy levels have gotten me through the workouts because of the high carbs and I have not dealt with as much soreness after week 1 because of the high protein. I've lost 4 lbs in month one so I can assume its working! Starting month 2 on Monday :)