2»

Replies

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    CarsonRuns wrote: »

I haven't had an actual burrito in almost a year, I can't wait to go on a long run and eat one. I run in the mornings though

So?

Burritos aren't available in the mornings...

Dinner
    calories don't magically expire.

I run in the AM too. I also broke my leg and still ate a burrito that fit into my sedentary maintenance calories. it was both delicious and satisfying. So if you run in the morning you should definitely be able to eat a burrito. Doesn't have to be a long run.

Jr burrito double chicken, no rice, had beans and cheese and some other stuff: 530 calories.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I was 295, now weigh 197. Technically still overweight and I'm training for a half and I don't find it difficult to lose and train, in fact the running allows me to eat more.

No doubt. I added 2 miles on the end of my run today because it was cloudy and cool. Also I wanted an egg biscuit from McDonalds. :laugh:

Exactly a running group near me celebrates their long runs with chipotle burritos
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    I was 295, now weigh 197. Technically still overweight and I'm training for a half and I don't find it difficult to lose and train, in fact the running allows me to eat more.

No doubt. I added 2 miles on the end of my run today because it was cloudy and cool. Also I wanted an egg biscuit from McDonalds. :laugh:

Exactly a running group near me celebrates their long runs with chipotle burritos

Besides the fact that Moes is better, there's nothing wrong with that

I used to think so but the last time I had Moe's, I wasn't impressed.

I haven't had an actual burrito in almost a year, I can't wait to go on a long run and eat one. I run in the mornings though

Treat yo' self in the afternoon! Last summer after my long runs, I'd usually make some eggs, drink some coffee, water, Gatorade, etc., then shower, call some friends, and go out for burritos/burgers/etc. Those calories last all day!
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    At the distances we are talking about here speed is really just stamina. That is the ability to hold your faster speeds for longer periods of time. stamina = easy effort runs x time with a small amount of moderade LT effort topping it off.

In my personal experience (others may differ), from the time you begin training until you build enough stamina to really begin to feel good running fast is about 400 hours of running. The only way to speed up the process is to increase weekly volume so you reach that 400 hours sooner. Adding in more than just a little harder running does not really speed up the process but will result one sabatoging their long term progress by reducing volume to increase recovery, or injury, or simply long term stagnation in improvement.

Also in my experience and from reading a lot, optimum volume for running is around 10 to 12 hours on your feet a week.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    So its been a week, I increased my milage and decreased my calories slightly and I lost a whole pound! :smile: Whoopie! Now I'm only 5lbs overweight.

At some point in my training when I'm closer to the marathon (next February) or even half marathon (this October) I'm guessing I will need to eat more though? Is there a formula to this? I guess I was overestimating my activity level before and I overshot my calories. I don't want to do that again, but I don't want to undereat either.

As far as speed goes I guess I'll just keep running and the speed will come in time?
  • wtgrey
    wtgrey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I ran my first mile without stopping on 12/20/2013, at a weight of 205 lbs (after losing 68 lbs over the previous year). Ten months later, I ran the Marine Corps Marathon (without stopping) at a weight of 173. My pace dropped from 13:00 per mile in December to 10:08 in the marathon, and is now about 08:00 for shorter runs.

I never focused on speed - it just came naturally as I lost weight, and ran more.

As far as losing weight - I burn about 110 calories per mile, so it is a whole lot easier to skip a slice of pizza and a beer than it is to run an extra 10K. For me, cutting calories has been the key!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    wtgrey wrote: »
    I ran my first mile without stopping on 12/20/2013, at a weight of 205 lbs (after losing 68 lbs over the previous year). Ten months later, I ran the Marine Corps Marathon (without stopping) at a weight of 173. My pace dropped from 13:00 per mile in December to 10:08 in the marathon, and is now about 08:00 for shorter runs.

I never focused on speed - it just came naturally as I lost weight, and ran more.

As far as losing weight - I burn about 110 calories per mile, so it is a whole lot easier to skip a slice of pizza and a beer than it is to run an extra 10K. For me, cutting calories has been the key!

Wow. Kudos to you. That is some serious progress in a short amount of time. Way to go!