Today's blood sugar

Options
LJFJ
LJFJ Posts: 73 Member
My home-care nurse told me to drop my insulin by 10 units last night to try to avoid low blood-sugar episodes again. However, my blood sugar was lower today than yesterday: 83. I was really surprised. I'm going to have to eat very soon.

Replies

• Mick1127
    Mick1127 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Why would they consider 83 to be low? The low reading alarm on my pump is set to let me know if my BS goes down to 70.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I was told that 80 is the low end of what a fasting BG should be. I look at between 80 and 120.
  • LJFJ
    Options
    Mick1127 wrote: »
    Why would they consider 83 to be low? The low reading alarm on my pump is set to let me know if my BS goes down to 70.

Hi, Mick. I didn't say it was "too low," I just said it was lower than the day before. And I know that, even though it was a good 83, if I didn't eat soon it would get lower. That's why I said I had to eat soon. For example, yesterday I didn't get a chance to eat until about 4 p.m. That's too long to wait to eat. Eating regularly is not a good habit of mine.

• LJFJ
    Options
    Sweets1954 wrote: »
    I was told that 80 is the low end of what a fasting BG should be. I look at between 80 and 120.

You're right, Sweets. My nurse (and doctor) said to aim between 80 and 110. When I get into the 70s, though, I usually drop quickly if I don't eat within 30 minutes.