Fitness gadgets

Options
AmeeSandhu
AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
I have a Fitbit one that I find very intriguing, but I've never really paid much attention to the calories it says I burn during a workout.

Don't laugh, but I also have a Polar F6 with a heart strap monitor as well as a Garmin & heart strap. (I'm a numbers geek.)

I was thinking of firing up my Polar to get a better reading for my workouts. What do you think or use or do?

Replies

• RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge that I'm happy with, but don't pay attention to calorie count on it. You're not alone, Amee, have A Polar M400 w/ heart strap, a Polar FT 80 w/ heart strap, and a Garmin w/ heart strap. I like the Polar's the best. I just recently purchased the M400 for the GPS, and haven't had a chance to use it yet. Numbers geek, also !!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Ahhh, you win Bill! I feel better now. I think now that I'm ramping up the workouts, i might go back to my polar to make sure I'm eating enough.
  • ChrisiEMilio
    ChrisiEMilio Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a fit bit currently and am getting an Apple watch in June but who knows what fitness will bee on it.
  • morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin too, though I don't know which one off hand. It's currently charging ready for me to use tomorrow when I do lots of walking. I do like to know how far I am going and how long it takes, but I don't use the heart rate strap thing.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Ok, you guys have convinced me. I'm going to dig out my polar and make sure the batteries are good.

Chrisi, the Apple watch looks so interesting!

Morty, I love my Garmin for it's GPS and how it tracks the mileage for me. I should be heading outdoors more. B)
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a Heart Rate monitor that Bluetooth connects to my phone. no clue what brand.... I haven't used it in several months but I should to get accurate calorie counts. I also have an Up by Jawbone, a BodyBug, and a no name brand step counter. I wear the Up band every day. I will probably sell the BodyBug some time soon, I only used it a few months before having something that obvious on my upper arm became annoying.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Muery, the body bug reminds me of using my fit bit to track my sleep at night. I think i woke up more, stressing about if i was sleeping well enough. Lol
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit, an old garmin, and a polar heart rate monitor. However, currently I just use my Fitbit and my Endomondo app (gps) on my iphone. Trying to keep it simple. :)
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    I located my Polar F6 and it needs a new battery so I'm taking it with me to visit the jeweler when I'm at work tomorrow. I'm excited to get a more accurate reading on my workouts again!
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    I located my Polar F6 and it needs a new battery so I'm taking it with me to visit the jeweler when I'm at work tomorrow. I'm excited to get a more accurate reading on my workouts again!
    Yaaaaay !!!

• Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm going to see if I can find my heart rate monitor and wear it during one of my step classes and during JMBR workouts to try and get an accurate reading of calories burned.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7 I use, and I really like it. It gives pretty consistent numbers depending on the intensity of my workout.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    I'm happy I switched back to my Polar for a better calorie count. I knew it wasn't rocket science. I guess I was just hoping for one device that could do everything < sorcery.