Dealing with PMS hunger

Options
This is my first period in ketosis (about 2 weeks in)

Today I've been super hungry more than i normally am (eating roughly the same foods daily and drinking till im peeing nearly clear over 2L currently) but just days before my period I'm all of a sudden hungry and I want much more meat while still trying to balance my fat and I'm just not feeling full for long, I'm also going over my calorie limit.

So at a crossroad of eating a little more over my calorie limit to satisfy this annoying hunger OR keep ignoring my hunger and try to stick to my calorie/fat/protein goals?

Do other women have this issue and what do you do about it?

Replies

• DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I started nutritional ketosis on March 31st and I started on the 15th. I was craving meat, or so I thought but it was fat. I ended up making veggies in safflower oil and added some seasoning and a little salt and it helped a lot. Also I made my avocado version of ruled me's Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs. I used split the cream cheese with avocado.

My Variation
    1 oz. Cream Cheese
    2 oz. Avocado
    3 slices Bacon
    1 medium Jalapeno Pepper
    1/2 tsp. Dried Parsley
    1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
    1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
    pinch of Chipolte Powder
    Salt and Pepper to Taste
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an appetite much for the past two weeks. Mine was last week and I still wad not hungry, before ketosis I would have massive cravings and could eat non stop.

I would recommend to not worry so much about your calories during that time. Your hormones are doing something different which is likely causing the hunger. I never found myself gaining at the end of it either even though I ate so much.

Just keep making good choices and fuel your body
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Keep eating keto, maybe try some coconut oil or butter in your coffee, I find it nice to sip when I have cramps and am stuck on the couch. I also eat to satiety those days. If I'm hungry and want something Im having it. Periods aren't free carb times, but fat and protein? Bring it, in large quantities.
  • Irishzombie1377
    Irishzombie1377 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Still eating keto foods, trying to keep my fat above protein but trying to stay under 2100 cals (which is over my usual) so ill eat a few fat bombs and load up on water