Atkins or t25 anyone?

Options
Uhmanduh
Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
im currently on the end of the first month of Atkins and I haven't lost as much weight as I would like to, lots of inches though and but I feel great! Is anyone else doing Atkins or tried it? I'd love to hear your experiences.
I'm also starting t25 on Monday. The workout by Shaun t. I've started it before but I'm determined to actually finish it this time. Has anyone tried this workout?
What has been your experience with low carb and semi intense workouts? I'm a nurse in an Ed so I'm constantly moving and I'm nervous to add a workout is while still fighting some of the dizzies from doing low carb.

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Quite a few of us do LCHF or some variation of it. we are here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Great group that welcomes anyone lowering their carbs.
  • sweetsorrow18
    sweetsorrow18 Posts: 54 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've done the whole T25 programs - started round 2 but was so bored by then that I couldn't do it and now I'm on week 3 of Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which I love.

That's not to say - I really loved T25. I lost about 15 pounds on the program. I did strictly manage my intake with MPF and low carb. I would suggest not doing the workouts on an empty stomach, they require a lot of energy. The best part is there is a modifier for every exercise, so if you're not up to the challenge, follow the modifier. The only thing I would say I didn't love about it was that weights were not introducing into the program till the Gamma Phase (last phase) - which may or may not be your thing. I like weight based trainings so I LOVED the gamma phase the most - which I did an extra month of afterwards.

Good luck to you, it's a great program and I definitely recommend it to anyone
  • Annette_906
    Annette_906 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did some of the T25 and thought they were great. I only did it with a group on a casual basis but I was actually hoping to do the whole program in the next little while.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Dizziness is generally lack of water or lack of sodium. Make sure you're getting enough of both.

That said, I don't do the video workouts, but I do stuff on my own, and I almost always do them fasted or with "breakfast" being a latte using half & half. Went to the Zoo on Saturday on an 8oz latte. Did two walks (first about a mile, second about 3 miles) and Week 1 Day 3 of the Hundred Push-Ups Challenge in a fasted state (well, technically, walk 2 was fueled by a 1oz cheese stick). Never have issues with dizziness. When my back isn't yelling at me, I do a 5x5 weight lifting type program, again fasted. All of this is done on low carb, high fat.

So yes, it can be done. Just make sure you're sufficiently hydrated and your electrolytes are in balance. You don't need to chug Gatorades, but you can help by adding some salt and/or that "lo-salt" (sodium and potassium blend) to your water throughout your day and especially during your more active times. You don't need enough to make it taste salty, but it may alter the taste of your water, just be aware (it does change the salinity of the water, so if you're sensitive to the taste changes on that front, you may notice it).