New here! Hi!

Options
mindiv
mindiv Posts: 49 Member
Hi ladies! I'm 34. Texan.

My weight loss journey started on July 31, 2007, less than a month after I got married. I weighed about 225 pounds (I'm 5'9") and finally got my "want to" together with my motivation. Started working out, weight training and cardio, five days a week and eating better. By 2009 I'd dropped around 80-85 pounds. I felt good, looked good and had NO trouble maintaining my weight on 1,800 calories a day with 5 workouts a week.

Fast forward to 2011. I quit the pill to get pregnant. Gain 10 pounds within like 1 1/2 months for no reason. August 2012 I get pregnant. Still eating good food. Not "eating for two." Still working out five days a week. I gain 50 pounds through the pregnancy.

Fast forward to May 2012. Little girl is born. By November 2012 I'm back down to 166 and that's where I've STAYED. I canNOT lose a pound to SAVE MY LIFE. I've eaten less. Nothing. I've eaten more. Nothing. I've changed up workouts. Nothing. Took out weight training. Nothing. Added it back in. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING.

I don't want to be 138 pounds again. That was too thin for me. But I'm STUCK at 165-166 pounds and want to lose to 150. (sigh)

Replies

• what923
    what923 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I used to have the same problem and seemed like nothing I did could get me back down below 160. I assume if you are on here you log every day. That is what made the change for me. Actually weighing my portions and tracking on here. Other than that I would say it's nutritionally based. I could share tons of suggestions from my journey. If you would like- send me a friend request. I keep a small group so I can stay informed & supportive with everyone.
  • moralesa105
    moralesa105 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I am almost 34, stuck at 162 (at 5'6"), but not "trying everything" as much as you are. And I am looking for a small group on here as well. Seems like only men have requested me, and I would really like to have other female MFP friends more, because guys just don't understand! I'm sending requests to you both! :-D