New in the community & reaching out

Options
bellew28
bellew28 Posts: 5 Member
Hello fellow menopausal ladies,
I have been recording my cardio & sometimes food on MFP since January. I just turned 53 and been going through menopause since late 2007 with doc prescribing low dose estrogen in 2008. My sister was diagnosed with HER2 breast cancer in Feb. 2010 and I got off estrogen shortly thereafter. I have taken every possible (that I know of ) herbal or natural course to help to atleast reduce the intensity of my hot flashes...all with no success. So I endure this "cursed" aspect of being an aging woman through lifestyle changes which includes eating healthy and portioned out along with exercise. One would think I'd lose some serious weight...but alas! I am struggling to lose even 1 pound a week all the while I am busting out in some serious sweat while I run, do Taebo, bicycling...ok, some sweat IS from the hot flashes but I work out harder now than I did 8 years ago with seeing little results. Discouraged but persevering and needing to touch base with others who may experience this.
Any feedback is sincerely appreciated : D

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I was doing everything possible in the working out department and feeling the same way. I think at our age so much of it is what we eat and trying to find that balance. You can eat too little, or you feel crappy and still don't lose and too much you feel crappy and actually gain! What eating plan are you doing? I started a thread for a challenge group and I made a facebook group page because its easier to post on FB with lots of good info. Let me know if you want to join.