Anyone had bariatric surgery?

Options
JamesAztec
JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
Last month I had gastric sleeve surgery. So far its gone really well. I'm also in a group for people that have had weight loss surgery. Was wondering if there are folks in here around my age that have had it? If so, how has your experience been?

Replies

• psymom3301
    psymom3301 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had vgs surgery on 2/3/2015 and so far I have lost 53 pounds in 6 weeks.
  • psymom3301
    Options
    I had vgs surgery on 2/3/2015 and so far I have lost 53 pounds in 6 weeks.
  • psymom3301
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had vgs surgery on 2/3/2015 and so far I have lost 53 pounds in 6 weeks. My current weight is 190 and since I started my journey I have lost a total of 89 pounds. I am 43 years old blonde hair 5"1 female.
  • LifeLovinLaura
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve surgery in March, 2013. I lost almost 80 pounds but have recently regained almost 20 pounds. It's become a struggle to maintain my weight but only because I started eating bread and some sweets again. I am definitely being more conscientious of those extra calories and hope I can head in the opposite direction. The surgery is not a cure all; we have to stay committed and make good choices.
  • bandedup
    bandedup Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had the band put in almost six years ago. I lost eighty. Then I got a hysterectomy and although I can't blame it all on that I have put on 20 pounds since last year. I'm creeping up to 200 pounds again and I refuse to see that first number become a 2 again . so I'm back on here and trying to record all my food honestly. I have to go back to what I learned after my surgery . Get in 60 grams of protein ,lots of water and stay away from the chips ,soda, ice cream, and the most important plan your meals.
    If you have a garmin add me teachme32
    Or please add me as a friend on here. I keep my diary open another thing to hopefully motivate me to eat less.
  • pattylynn727
    pattylynn727 Posts: 17 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had revision surgery from lap band to gastric sleeve on 4/7/15 and as of 4/21/15 I was down 14 lbs in 14 days. Today is my first day on soft foods and I couldn't be happier to not just have liquids. I'll be 40 in July. I can hardly wait to do more than just walk for exercise because it'll come off faster. I'm only 5' and started at 220 now I'm at 206 and finally feeling a difference in my clothing. I got the band in 2009 and had another baby in 2011 and no matter what the doctor and I tried I just couldn't get the weight off so between us we decided the revision was the best thing for me and it's already proving to be. Feel free to friend me support is a huge part of the process.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Patty, try not to worry about the speed the weight comes off. Its not a race. ;-) just try to create healthy habits and the weight should take care of itself.
  • pattylynn727
    pattylynn727 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my best, fortunately one of my health conditions have improved, I'm no longer on blood pressure meds since surgery and my PCP is very happy with my reading. On the other hand I have fibromyalgia which is paining me with the up and down temps here in MA and with my weight gain I developed plantar fachitis. I should start feeling better once my weight gets lower. I guess that's what's getting the best of me. Thanks for the support its much appreciated.