New, need support & friends!

Options
Hi everyone! I started this journey 3.5 years ago... I was 250 pounds, got down to 152 in just over a year and a half, and then gained SIXTY pounds back...

So here I am again, 212 pounds, and trying to figure out how to make a healthier lifestyle for myself, rather than a quick fix. I am feeling so defeated and like a failure... I am recovering from bulimia, and could really use some support and friends.

I moved across the country last year, and live on an island where I don't have a chance to meet a lot of people... So, even friendships through here would be soooo appreciated and cherished. Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Replies

• piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing all that weight to begin with! Sounds like you need to find a way to make it more sustainable. It's definitely a journey and supportive friends make a big difference. Feel free to add me :)
  • KMM17173
    KMM17173 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. I lost 90lb and have gained 34 of them back. Ready to get rid of them again but can't do it without support. No idea how to even become friends and join groups and start conversations! Just know I need them!
  • JAS315
    JAS315 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I'm new, too. Have 30-ish to lose and am seeking to become more active to help me deal with chronic pain. Eating was my solace and painkiller. Now looking forward to moving more and moving on!
  • tlcfroggy
    Options
    I need the support too so feel free to friend me. I'm struggling to not revert back to bulimia too but it's hard!
  • pamj19
    pamj19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new as well. Today is my first day in fact. Feel free to friend me. I struggle with emotional eating as a result of depression issues and chronic illness. I'm trying to get started with this weight loss journey and could use as many friends and support as possible.
  • woznube7
    woznube7 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! I lost 60lbs and then gained it all back, plus another 20! So I am really trying hard to stay on track. Lots of stress/angst/anxiety lately has led me into emotional eating so much lately... like everday getting fast food. So hard, but reading these posts help a lot. Also, it reminds me that even though I feel alone, I really am not! Others are going through this too!
  • chriseds
    chriseds Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend, too. The more support the better!
  • honeyscone
    honeyscone Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Everyone can add me! I am a long-time lurker, but first-time poster. Being supported is half the battle in losing weight, and I'd love to chat with anyone who needs a pick-me-up. And as someone else pointed out, good on you Sara for losing all that weight to begin with!

I myself am struggling to get back to where I was---I am currently 170 pounds and 5'5" and am looking to get back to my former weight of 135-140 pounds. I lost my father this year to ALS, and over the past two years, I've been emotionally eating while watching this disease take its toll. I am only now beginning to start giving myself the TLC I need, and I would love a community to kick-start my weight loss!
  • juanita1963
    juanita1963 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've lost and gained weight so many times I couldn't even begin to count them all. But I'm really determined to do it and keep it off this time. Heart disease runs in my family and I lost my mom to it a week before Christmas so it's really important to me now.
  • Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    I am Al. I am ashamed to admit this, but I have heard the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I am overweight. I am a binge-eater, and I need help to quit binge eating forever. The day before I began my fitness pal I consumed approximately 8,830 calories in one day, and it wasn't even a special occasion. I calculated it. Though, I am sure there were many days in which I consumed more than this. In fact, I don't know if that day would even make my top 100 binge-eating days, but I never calculated how many calories I consumed those other days. One day I ate two medium full-size delivery pizzas loaded with toppings. Another day, my mother gave me a huge extremely sweet, rich, and chocolatey ice cream cake for my birthday, and I ate the entire cake within two days except for two small slices. In December, I went to the movie theater, and just while watching one film I consumed 3 jumbo popcorn containers with extra butter by myself. I think I could talk about my binge-eating failures for hours. However, when I am not binge-eating I eat mostly low-calorie healthy food. When I am not binge-eating I am a strong proponent for saving the environment and eating healthy, and when I am binge eating I feel like a hypocrite. Though, I love good tasting food so much that I feel like I could eat it forever. I really appreciate food that makes my taste senses explode with joy. I also binge-eat during almost all celebrations or when I am depressed. Additionally, when I am not binge-eating I think very few people eat healthier than me. I have been doing okay recently, but I do not know when I will not be able to resist the urge to binge eat again. To complicate things I am a Christian, and in Christianity over eating is considered the sin of gluttony. I am trying to get in shape because 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV reads: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." Thus, I really want to get in as good of shape as possible spiritually and physically. Though, I may need some support.
  • idalooses
    idalooses Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sara_Olson_421 and Sumner100Christ_follower you can friend me, as I know exactly where you are coming from!! having a healthy lifestyle 100% of the time is an impossibility for me too! i have never had the problem of bulimia but exactly the opposite, gluttony. I am a sugar addict and binge eat on any that may be in the house, if it's in the house i eat it..... period.... constant battle for me!! i can echo the words, Sumner "when I am not binge eating I think very few people eat healthier than me" i eat high protein, low carb, low calorie, but any and all sugars send me into eating frenzy!! please friend me so that we can break this vicious cycle together and with each other (and anyone else too) for support.... thank you <3:)
  • purple44444
    purple44444 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You all can add me too if you like. My problem is eating and eating and eating and eating!!!
  • tinatracy35
    tinatracy35 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm new.
  • grace_ace1987
    grace_ace1987 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I understand how everyone feels as I feel the same way myself. I have always been bigger than average but I hit my breaking point when I went on holiday to Florida and could not fit in the seats for the Hulk, dragon challenge and rip ride rocket. We are going back to Florida fo our honeymoon in September 2016 and I want to fit in every seat. A strange sounding goal is that I want to wear shorts, I have never liked my legs so I have never worn them but I want to. Please add me I will be a support and a friend to all my contacts. :)
  • pdenoyes
    pdenoyes Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am new to the group and I too battling with emotional eating. Thanks God I am not alone on this journey. The postings are uplifting.
  • TriciannT
    TriciannT Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Everyone please freind me too! Sounds like we are all in the right group. Before I married I was so healthy and happy. Then with a rocky marriage, having children I tooks others advice and let myself go to hell. I've climed out now wondering what the heck. Things are getting better but my husband is a gourmet cook and it's not always healthy. I have issues with portion control and eating when stressed which I NEVER did before. Look forward to chatting and helping each other. Currently I am working on burning my excess calories with anytype of excercise. I want to eat healthy again. I also found that in my twenties I found great motivation in a book from Cheryl Tiegs and another of Chirstie Brinkleys. Simples excercises that mold you into a great shape. I still re read them and I am turning 55 in November. +
  • LivvyOwl97
    LivvyOwl97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone feel free to friend me, could really do with some support and I'll help as much as I can in return
  • kaydeelayne
    kaydeelayne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Lost 60 pounds two years ago and now I've gained back 80. Here for mutual support, for you and anyone else who needs it!
  • kts1988
    kts1988 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I am in recovery from binge eating disorder and have been for about a year, but still struggle with emotional eating.
  • LTee83
    LTee83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    feel free me to add me as well!