Fairly New :)

Options
Hi, my name is Madelyn, I joined MFP about a month ago. Looking for friends to give and receive encouragement (Iron sharpens iron). I use to teach aerobics back in the day (late 80's) and one of my dreams is to teach Praise Aerobics. It almost seems impossible at this point, given the fact that I'm no longer in my 20's, I have 70 lbs. to lose & I've had RTC surgery. But I know that all things are possible with Christ...

Replies

• Madelyn929
    Options
    *RCR (rotator cuff repair)
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Yes its true! All things are possible with Christ..I will pray for you and I have a bad and painful knee..but I am pressing on to lose 40 pounds
  • Sumner100Christ_follower
    Options
    I hope this group is still alive. I am Al. I am ashamed to admit this, but I have heard the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. I am overweight. I am a binge-eater, and I need help to quit binge eating forever. The day before I began my fitness pal I consumed approximately 8,830 calories in one day, and it wasn't even a special occasion. I calculated it. Though, I am sure there were many days in which I consumed more than this. In fact, I don't know if that day would even make my top 100 binge-eating days, but I never calculated how many calories I consumed those other days. One day I ate two medium full-size delivery pizzas loaded with toppings. Another day, my mother gave me a huge extremely sweet, rich, and chocolatey ice cream cake for my birthday, and I ate the entire cake within two days except for two small slices. In December, I went to the movie theater, and just while watching one film I consumed 3 jumbo popcorn containers with extra butter by myself. I think I could talk about my binge-eating failures for hours. However, when I am not binge-eating I eat mostly low-calorie healthy food. When I am not binge-eating I am a strong proponent for saving the environment and eating healthy, and when I am binge eating I feel like a hypocrite. Though, I love good tasting food so much that I feel like I could eat it forever. I really appreciate food that makes my taste senses explode with joy. I also binge-eat during almost all celebrations or when I am depressed. Additionally, when I am not binge-eating I think very few people eat healthier than me. I have been doing okay recently, but I do not know when I will not be able to resist the urge to binge eat again. To complicate things I am a Christian, and in Christianity over eating is considered the sin of gluttony. I am trying to get in shape because 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 ESV reads: "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." Thus, I really want to get in as good of shape as possible spiritually and physically. Though, I may need some support.