Thoughts on low carb diets...

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
I remember many years ago when low carbing was the thing to do. Everyone hopped on the bandwagon including myself without even do much and doing research to find out really what it was all about.

Here is what I learned from that experience. You cholesterol can sky rocket and go through the roof. Why because it doesn't say not to eat greasy food. All the thought was to eat a lot of protein, right? Here's the thing. If you eat too much protein and that's all you are eating your body will have a hard time processing this food. Did I lose weight whe doing this? Rep sure did. I am not against it if is done the right way.

Thoughts?

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Been there done that too! To me it is a temporary fix for weight loss, but I did lose a lot on Atkins. Recently gave all my Atkins and low carbs cookbooks away. Anywhoo...I am trying to just eat smaller portions these days...I just need to really try and motivate to get used to those 21 day fix containers.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Once you start using them Nancy you will be surprised at how easy it is. I was unable to do any meal prep because of travel over the weekend, but I do plan to do it today. I can post some pictures of what the containers look like on your plate later today if you would like. It's amazing how much food you eat.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    I think my problem is the 'multi-tasking' of how many reds, purples, etc and what goes in them. Almost like I should memorize what I can put in them. I think it is a mind block thing....or maybe the restriction of what I can eat. I may try it next week.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I was the same way. I was so confused on the containers. I was determined to get it and understand it. I got a sticky note and put in on my cabinet door in the kitchen. I wrote down the color, how many of each color I could have and what that container stood for. I also kept the guide close so I could use it as a quick reference guide.

Here's how mine looked:
    Yellow~ 2 Carbs (Eat early in the day. No carbs at dinner)
    Purple~ Fruits 1 (Eat early in the day)
    Green~ Veggies 3
    Red~ Protein 4
    Blue~ Healthy Fats 1
    Orange~ dressings 1

I hope this helps.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Thanks Julie...I copy and printed what you wrote. I sort of made a table and put the colored boxes in to substitute for the containers and listed the types of foods that go into the colored boxes...Will see how I can follow yours.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Yeah, let me know. I am using the containers with every program that I do now. It really does help me. How are your workouts going?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    The workouts are going OK. On round 2 of the 21 day FIX.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    That's great. I think once I am done with Piyo I am going to do another round of 21 Day Fix.