Daily check-in Week 3 ~ April 20th - 26th

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
Check in and let us know your ups and downs this week!!

Replies

• nev888
    nev888 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Week 3

Stayed the same as last week - trying very hard not to just give up. I know my exercise was less since my knee injury flared up - but I stuck to my calorie limit most days (5 out of 7). I know I just need to stick with it, but this is the point where I usually give up. Not this time.
  • taelor2
    taelor2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Day 1 week 3

I did not go up nor down this week. I did make it to the gym Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I really don't won't to weigh this week yet because I know there is a lot of water weight holding on for this. So I will give it an extra few days to go away. ;) Hope everyone had a good week last week and keep up the good work! Every little bit counts. No matter if on the outside you can not see them, there are major changes within!
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    D1/W3 - Weight stayed the same, which is good. My adjustable weights are finally here now I just need to find a dumbbell lifting program to follow. Any suggestions???
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Down 1 pound. Nice to be in right direction.
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I started late-just this last weekend, but I am looking forward to being in this group and getting the scales going in the right direction!
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    nev888 wrote: »
    Day 1, Week 3

Stayed the same as last week - trying very hard not to just give up. I know my exercise was less since my knee injury flared up - but I stuck to my calorie limit most days (5 out of 7). I know I just need to stick with it, but this is the point where I usually give up. Not this time.
    Hang in there. You can do this!

• lindadprice
    lindadprice Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hope I lose a lbs this week. So far this week has been good. I did some strength training and a 15 minute ab video by Bob Harper it was pretty hard. No downs so far. I took a picture today and my belly looks smaller than a couple of weeks ago.
  • malika1976
    malika1976 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Day 1, Week 3

Yeah, when I stay the same weight even after doing most things right, it's really hard to keep going. I tell myself it's 'knuckle down' time, and get stricter about weighing food and exercising. However, I've found that often I get a big loss after staying the same for a while. But I would watch what your overall calorie deficit is over the whole week - to ensure that 2/7 isn't sabotaging the good 5/7.

• ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 1 went well. Got a good workout in in the morning and stayed under my calorie goal for the day. Didn't sleep well last night so hopefully I'll sleep better tonight :)
  • dawitt
    dawitt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same, which I find discouraging. Has anyone ever done The 21 Day Fix diet? I feel like I need more guidance for how much of each food group I should be eating everyday.
  • Fizzgig168
    Fizzgig168 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    In a weird way it's really nice to see other people struggling with "stuck" weight. Not that I'm enjoying anyone else's misery, of course! Haha. But I've been doing everything right and have been stuck at 155 (when I'd previously, though briefly, dropped down to 153) for most of this week, and while I absolutely know the weight WILL come off eventually, it's so damn hard to stay motivated when it gets stuck like this. It actually helped a lot to come on here and see other people complaining about the same issue. Makes me feel a lot less alone and really quiets down that stupid voice in my head whispering "failure."
    I'm sticking to it! I'm not giving up, and when my weight does finally drop again it'll feel so good, and I'll be so proud.
  • nev888
    Options
    malika1976 wrote: »
    Day 1, Week 3

Yeah, when I stay the same weight even after doing most things right, it's really hard to keep going. I tell myself it's 'knuckle down' time, and get stricter about weighing food and exercising. However, I've found that often I get a big loss after staying the same for a while. But I would watch what your overall calorie deficit is over the whole week - to ensure that 2/7 isn't sabotaging the good 5/7.

You're absolutely right - thanks. I need to stay on track EVERY day. I also need to do some sort of exercise EVERY day. That's my goal for this week.
  • nev888
    Options
    Day 2, Week 3

Well, hopped on the treadmill for 15 minutes yesterday after work (knee injury prevents me from doing longer, but I will build that time up) and stayed under my calorie limit. Meals planned out for today, including healthy snacks, and Yoga class booked for tonight. Challenges for this week - conference Wed & Thurs which means eating lunch out and a weekend trip to visit my family - more eating out. I need to get my mind focused on making smart choices and will bring the right shoes so I can go for a walk when I'm out of town.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Week 3 day 2 Check-In! I got 2.16 miles in on the treadmill in addition to Shoulders/Back/Abs! Scale is not moving in the right direction still but I am trying to stay positive!
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I hear ya! My weight hasn't budged either and I'm doing all the right things. I find that sometimes all it takes is to change up your exercise routine. I was doing the same videos over and over (because I love them so much) but you also need to trick your body and shake things up a bit. Today I did two brand new 20 min. videos, back to back and loved working the slightly different muscle groups that I wasn't focusing on enough with the other videos. I am so discouraged when I get on the scale. I feel that the measuring tape is more like my best friend here. I'm sticking with it! Keep it going and don't give up all! Stay positive, no matter how hard it may be. (sigh)
  • almondmilks
    almondmilks Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Week 3, Day 2?
    I got busy with work and school and completely ignored my fitness goals until yesterday. So, I started tracking again and I'm about to buy some healthy groceries. It's embarrassing to have wasted a month not pursuing my goals... but I need to focus now not on my slow start but on ensuring I don't go off track from here on out. :smile:
  • MayorGrimby
    MayorGrimby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 3 hasn't started out too well, food-wise. I've had some family dinners, which is great, but it's hard when the meals are pizza, diner breakfast, and lasagna (all fantastic foods that I love). It's one thing to resist that third slice of pizza one day, but the past 4 days have been a non-stop test of my self control. I've done okay, but because of the family dinners, I haven't had time to go to the gym. I don't think I'll feel better until I start burning some of these calories. I lost 2 pounds last week and I'd really like to continue moving in the right direction.

I hope everyone is having an excellent week!
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Week 3day 2, Day 1 was ok (it was Monday) and I was feelin pretty rough all day despite an early walk. Did two short workouts and called it good. Today I came in to an outage at work so it's been a busy morning and my lead deciding to tell me I was wrong and ask me what the right answer was repeatedly without any hints so now I'm irritated and was thinking of taking the day off because I'm still sore and tired, but who knows. Bleh.
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    It's been an emotional day, my 14 year old pup was very ill this morning and we will be doing full blood work tomorrow morning. I came home after not even having breakfast since we were at the vet, had 40 oz. of water, tuna and a serving of puff chips. I than ended up mixing up brown sugar and butter, thinking I was going to make cookies, never got past that mixture as I ate a couple of spoonfuls. Uggg I know better but it is what it is. I stress it and I feel good that at least I did not have a big mac and fries for lunch like I wanted!
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    For all of you that are struggling right now, I just want to give you all some words of encouragement.

PLEASE, please, DO NOT STOP eating right and exercising just because you have not seen a loss. Think about the progress you have made so far! You may not be seeing big losses on the scale, but SO WHAT? The scale is just one measurement of success. This is not The Biggest Loser where you are looking for double-digit losses every week and you have a personal trainer and a nutritionist monitoring you every day. That is just not going to happen in real life. How do you feel? How do you look? How are your clothes fitting? Those are measurements, too.

Weight gains come on over time, usually slowly and we barely notice. Then when we decide to make a change, we want it all right away. It doesn't always come off fast just because we're doing all the right things.

I laugh when I see people on MFP forums (and in this group, as well) lamenting that they ONLY lost 1 or 2 pounds in a week and being disappointed in that. Seriously? Disappointed with a loss?? I joined MFP mid-January and I've now lost about 12 pounds. That's not a fast loss (less than 1 lb per week), but I'm sticking with it because I can tell my body is changing and I like it! I have had many weeks of zero loss, then I'll go down a pound or half pound the next week. I stalled in March for 3 weeks before seeing movement on the scale. I did not get discouraged, I just continued what I was doing. I was also measuring every couple of weeks and, along with that 12 pounds I've lost 2 inches in my waist and hips and smaller amounts in other areas. Sometimes the tape measure is a better guide than the scale.

Just remember, if you quit now or go on a huge binge, your hard work will have been wasted.

Don't quit! Keep going, you can do it!!
This discussion has been closed.