Lost my fitbit

Options
delaneysmom46
delaneysmom46 Posts: 13 Member
I am so bummed. Somehow I have misplaced my Fitbit. I only take it off to shower (I know I can wear in the shower if i want to). Noticed on Friday afternoon that I didn't have it on. No idea where it is or how it became lost. Trying to decide if I want to invest in another flex or upgrade. Any suggestions.

Replies

• kailibertsch
    kailibertsch Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I bought the Charge HR to replace my flex even though nothing was wrong with it. I regret spending the $150 when my flex was working fine. I don't like the way the Charge feels on my wrist, and my stair counts are constantly off. I think walking outside on a windy day is making it count extra stairs or something. I would save the $50 and just get another Flex if I were you.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I lost my Flex and bought a Charge HR in January. For me, it's perfect and I'm so glad I did. I eventually found my Flex. Now I charge one while wearing the other. I just take one off and put the other on, I don't have to do anything else since they are both linked to my Fitbit account.

The Flex is waterproof so I wear it for water activities. I agree it is sleeker looking, but I love having the Charge HR, an actual timepiece that also gives me the date.

Charge HR vibrates and gives me ID for incoming calls. That's particularly good because I don't always hear my phone. I love the heart rate feature and especially love watching my resting heart rate decline over time. It also tracks my sleep automatically. It adds actual naps but not meditation, which impressed me. I like seeing my step count instead of just the flashing dots row also. The Charege HR has a regular buckle fastener, too. It won't fall off. My Flex fell off my wrist several times.

I agree with Kaili above that the stair counter is inaccurate. But Fitbit doesn't use that in its calculations.

I still love my Flex, but I'm even happier to have them both.
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    It depends. Look at the additional features (other than stair counting - which is unreliable and meaningless) and decide if they have value for you. I never had a Flex. I started with a One because I wanted a display (especially since my phone at the time wasn't compatible with Fitbit, so it could only sync when near my computer) and didn't really want to wear anything on my wrist. Now I have a Charge HR. I've learned to tolerate wearing it and like not worrying about losing it or washing it or moving it when I change clothes. I like having a heart rate monitor that I don't have to put on just for exercise. I like the automatic sleep tracking. I like having the display right there on my wrist, rather than having to pull it out of a pocket or unclip it from my bra to look at it. When I am out and about and my phone rings, I often don't notice, so having a quick vibrate on my wrist means I'll miss fewer calls. It has a shorter battery life than my One, but that isn't a problem for me.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't like the way the Charge feels on my wrist, and my stair counts are constantly off. I think walking outside on a windy day is making it count extra stairs or something. I would save the $50 and just get another Flex if I were you.

The stair count doesn't affect your burn in any way—it's just supposed to be a fun motivator. It's based on changes in air pressure, which is why you get "flights" walking outside on a windy day.

I upgraded from a Flex to a Charge HR because it fastens with a buckle like a watch—way more secure. (And because it comes in purple.) But it's much wider than the Flex, and the sizing is different.