How do you push through?

Options
tazhinshaw
tazhinshaw Posts: 297 Member
I hate it, I really do. I keep starting day 2 and then giving up 10 minutes in (yeah, I started day 1 last week >.>) and I think it was much easier to keep going when my friend was over dying with me.
How do you guys find the power to push through?? I think another problem that gets on my nerves is I have carpet and for some reason I feel like I can't do some right (mummy-kicks, butt-kicks)

Replies

• tazhinshaw
    Options
    I get to where I'm like 'what's the point' but I need to just push through anyways. I tried to convince my sister to skype w/ my during and workout w/ lol. Ok, Ok, I can do this!
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Well first of all, gauge your energy level. Do you have more energy in the morning or in the afternoon? Try scheduling your workout when you have higher energy to complete it. Also, eat a lot of protein before or at least in your daily diet to help bring up your energy level.

Second, it's your motivation and mind set. I love when Shaun T says "FOCUS and GO!" It's true, you have to focus on the moment and not on how much you want to quit. I try to break up the workout in my mind to help me get through it easier. Like I know the warm-up is only 10 minutes and then I have a nice stretch to look forward to after that. Then you're already halfway done and it's so much more motivating to just finish all the way through.

Just keep trying until you get the hang of it. The hardest part was just signing up ;)
  • tazhinshaw
    Options
    Maybe if I actually wake up in the morning it'll be better, I use to love going to gym in mornings and I was energized all day. I will try that! Thanks!