Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Need more VSG friends

chip305
chip305 Posts: 63 Member
I am not new here I have been around off an on for years. I had VSG on December 2, 2014, SW 254, surgery weight 228, CW 169.8 (every 1/10th of a pound counts!). I want more VSG friends to get guidance from. Please add me, Thanks!

Replies

• joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    I don't know how much guidance I can give, I am a newbie sleeved on 4/7 but I can definitely be a great cheerleader :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    feel free to add me. had vsg on April 1st. sw 289, cw 231
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Looking for more friends that had vsg. Getting mine done may 4th. Mind if I add you guys?
  • badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    Merylk34 wrote: »
    Looking for more friends that had vsg. Getting mine done may 4th. Mind if I add you guys?

not at all, feel free to add me. had my vsg on April 1st. does your hcp have you on the 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet?
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Feel free to add me! I had my VSG on 9/10.
  • gldngrl7
    gldngrl7 Posts: 13 Member
    Had my VSG on 3/23/15 and I'm looking to join a community where I can get guidance as well.
    Surgery weight: 317
    Current weight: 300
  • treebell68
    treebell68 Posts: 2 Member
    Sleeved May 6, 2014
    SW 255
    CW 170

No expert..... But will discuss my journey.
  • mycatsnameisbug
    mycatsnameisbug Posts: 118 Member
    Feel free to add me too!
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    was sleeved on 3/4/15...feel free to add me if you'd like :smiley:
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Everyone, feel free to add me. I was sleeved on 2/18. I'm looking for support.
  • thoughtaling76
    thoughtaling76 Posts: 29 Member
    Feel free to add me sleeved 10/26/12
    SW 330 CW 210.
  • Merylk34
    badhair56 wrote: »

not at all, feel free to add me. had my vsg on April 1st. does your hcp have you on the 2 week pre-surgery liquid diet?

No my surgeon only requires 2 days of liquid diet before surgery. I don't know why this is so different then most but that's what I was told to do.
  • Merylk34
    So I completed my preop class today and everything is all set for surgery. Start my liquid diet 2 days before and should get my check in time for surgery about the same time. I started a count down on my phone lol. Getting nervous and anxious but really prepared to finally have this happen.
  • MOley451
    MOley451 Posts: 3 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. I was sleeved July 10th, 2014. HW 280, SW 240, CW 140.5.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member

Add me too

Randy
  • Merylk34
    Thank you everyone for being so great. It's nice to have so much support
  • rachel_ray81
    rachel_ray81 Posts: 2 Member
    Having mine done on April 28th, add me if you like. i am looking for someone in the Minneapolis area if anyone to start an exercise program with if anyone's interested. Check out my blog at https://desperatelyseekingrachel.wordpress.com/
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    Feel free to add me. Sleeved 11/10. I'm not super active on the boards, but I post my diary daily and it's open to friends.

-Phill
  • sarimc01
    sarimc01 Posts: 22 Member
    Feel free to add me.
    Sleeved 4/3/14
    Having my 1 yr post doc appt next week.
  • lenac87
    lenac87 Posts: 383 Member
    Anyone can feel free to add me too! I was sleeved 12/16/14 :)