Kids and low carb/Keto

Options
2»

Replies

• Healthymom_5
    Healthymom_5 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    OP - my kids are not technically keto but mostly paleo/primal. Just not as low carb as I am. Some ideas:
    Ham spread with cream cheese rolled up
    HB eggs/egg salad
    Salami
    Half avocado ( they eat it with a spoon)
    Olives
    Sardines
    Chicken legs
    Nom Nom Paleo did a great series on Paleo lunch box foods for kids that I think would give you some good ideas to work with, with a little modification to your liking. Check out her site and search that series!
  • Jakiepaper
    Jakiepaper Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I no longer make the typical PB and J for my daughter(8) today she brought in grape tomatoes, cucumbers, cut up hotdogs and some cheese.
    you can get on pinterest and they have a TON of Low carb lunch ideas.
  • AnarchoGen
    AnarchoGen Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I limit the amount of grains and starches my kids have now. They'll have sprouted grain bread for sandwiches for lunch, other than that the only carbs they get are from dairy, fruit and veggies. My kids are healthy, but my son does have neurological disorders so too much grain or starches can cause headaches. Pretty much every day they'll eat fruit, yogurt, cheese, eggs, bacon, veggies, tuna, chicken, ground beef, cottage cheese... I think that's about it. My son doesn't like mayonnaise so I make some with sour cream, olive oil, raw apple cider vinegar, salt, garlic & onion powder, dill, and parsley.