New to Group, offering "gymnast-ification" of boring workout routines

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Danielle and I am a former gymnast, current gym-rat. I did gymnastics for 7 years and it's such a part of me that I just feel wrong inside when I don't workout. I am not intimidated to enter the weights section of the gym, and I am always encouraged to see other women who aren't afraid to try weight training.

For any of you who are looking to spice up your current workout routine or for anyone looking to add a little bit of gymnastics to your Fitness Routine (IFBB anyone?), I've started a WorkoutWednesday playlist on YouTube. Thus far I've got "Warm Up Like a Gymnast", "Stretch Like a Gymnast" and a handstand drill (with modifications for non-gymnasts) for core and shoulder strength.

What I have started doing is taking normal exercises, like squats and lunges, and "gymnast-ifying" them, i.e. modify them slightly to make them a little more reminiscent of what skills and drills a gymnast would do. I filmed the first video in this "gymnast-ification" series this morning so it will be up by Wednesday in this WorkoutWednesday playlist. If you have suggestions for other exercises you'd like me to "gymnast-ify", please let me know! Hope you enjoy this playlist of gymnastics-inspired drills:

Replies

• SmellyHippy
    SmellyHippy Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I can't watch the videos right now but will watch them later. I'm intrigued by the idea. I'm sure lots of people will get inspired by this.