Weekly Post 13.04. - 25.04.15

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Sunday morning. ..sun is out. Dog and horse are waiting to be exercised :)

Emotionally, I'm still working on becoming more stabil ans solving some old baggage.

Fast wise, I was over on both. But they were better than of late. Had a good exercise week. 2 bike rides to work, a swim, a run and a nice 3.5 h hike yesterday. Except for the cost reduced lindt easter bunnies that attacked me mid week, my cal intake was Ok too.

This week I'm off work and will go hiking from Wednesday to Saturday with just my mom's dog for company. After yesterday's hike, I know this will help clear my head and spirit. I will be hiking along the beginning of the Rhine . A beautiful and wild place with a canyon, beautiful rock cliffs, a river and me. Booked my hotel room and am actually looking forward to the alone time :)

Probably won't be fasting this week, but I will be walking. .... Will see if my step counter still works. Just out of curiosity B)

Have a good week and a wonderful Sunday!

Replies

• karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Your nature place sounds magical! I hope nature helps out.
    I'm going to attempt to get back on track with two fasts a week again.
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Oh Flumi.. The Rhine! I am so jealous! That will be beautiful!

I'm just getting more and more bummed. Not losing weight, so then it spirals, and I just eat more crappy food. As bad as it sounds, I blame some of this on my husband. He just does not want to eat good food. Every weekend he wants to eat out every meal, and it's hard. Yesterday he was just dying for pizza, and I got a chef salad.... and cheese fries. UGH! He started 5:2 last week and lost 5 lbs!!!!! It's just so hard for me when it seems so easy for everyone else. In the FB group which I most stalk, everyone loses like 2lbs a week and I'm like "what am I doing wrong?" I think I've hit a plateau. Must start eating better, and exercising more.
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    iwannabeonthebeach Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    @bburg86 Not everyone is losing every week, if I lose 2lbs a MONTH I think I'm doing well! I've been on 5:2 for over 3 months now and lost a grand total of 8lbs. But a loss is still a loss and so long as its in the right direction I don't stress it and I'm happy when I look in the mirror. I do tend to over-eat on non-FD's and my exercise regime is a bit hit & miss which is probably why my loss hasn't been greater or more consistent, but I'm trying to see this as a way of life for the forseeable future rather than a diet. Hang in there, it will happen for you.

@flumi_f Your little holiday sounds ideal, can I come with? I promise I'll be quiet. ;)
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @bburg86 Oh...you are so not alone. I have been stalled since December always teetering at 168/170. Which I am happy about (it is my low range of being low), but it would be so nice to say, "I am at my 'new' lowest weight ever!" Hasn't happened yet (have to be below 166 to get there). I started this in Sept 2013 as a 6 week trial and I am still trudging away because I know that it works and it is just me making bad choices on my other days or missing a fast. I am back it it now. Hubby is also back in the loop (says I can start fasting again because its getting warmer [never stopped ;) ] ...[worried about me getting sick])). The only thing is that when he is around he thinks I should eat anything until I break my fast at 5pm and then I can eat anything (Doesn't quite get it :/ ). But I do like it better when we is aware I'm fasting and I can say, 'no, I'm fasting'. Sun is shining and even though I had a 0.8lb gain on Sunday I will not give up. As you said @bburg86... will eat better and exercise more!!! B)
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Flumi your planned week sounds glorious, I hope it soothes your soul
    Bburg some of us are losing cos there is alot to lose, I am hoping to shed over 100 lbs so its relatively easy to create a deficit, but give yourself credit, you have thyroid issues, a young baby and you have just moved house, but you are still logging in here so its still a success, you are still doing well and learning about what foods suit you so give yourself a pat on the back for hanging on in there
    I am nearly through the first fast in a week and did my first swim in nine days, my fallow week wasn't as disastrous as I thought, within the 2kilo range depending on fast/food exercise or not and digestive issues so onwards and downwards :)
  • flumi_f
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Don't give up @bburg86!! Keep doing what you were doing as it was working for you. If you plateau for a while, mix up your exercise, switch around your fast days, lower your cals just a little on non fast days and see how your body reacts. Keep it guessing!!

TODAY I WENT DRESS SHOPPING!! I rarely used to wear dresses. And I thought, it would still be difficult to find something, because I'm short. Well it was difficult, but for a totally different reason! The sales lady picked out about 7-8 dresses, all in size 36 and they pretty much all fit! The color wasn't good for me on a few and the form wasn't perfect on two others. But in the end I had to pick one of four, that all looked really good! My head knows, I'm now longer overweight and even with my shortness a size 36 is a small to normal size, but it just hasn't totally sunk in yet. I think, I need to take the plunge more often and just go into the shops and try things on :p It was fun and made me feel good!

So I am now the proud owner of a linen dress with navy polka dots and a short navy jacket to go with it. Now I just have to find the right shoes, purse and accessories to match..... B)
  • angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @flumi_f you know we need a picture of the polka dot dress :-). I have a navy dress with white polka dots and I always get compliments. I think it is the dots - polka dots is such a fun word

@bburg86 yes - it is hard to watch everyone else lose. I lose at about 2 pounds a month. I had a friend start last week and she lost 4 pounds the first week! but it doesn't matter. I lost about 10 pounds last summer and gained it back over the winter so i am back to where I started. But again, it doesn't matter. We just have to keep moving forward.

good luck to everyone - hope we all do well this week
    I am on my second fast since restarting, and I had forgotten how easy this diet is. Just eat less 2 days a week!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    I promise, I will post a pic. But I need shoes first.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    First fast of the week almost finished! I'm exhausted though and can't wait to get to bed... I've had a couple of massive days
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

@flumi_f can't wait to see the pictures too! Your shopping trip sounded so much fun!

Had a fast day yesterday and it was a success. I'm trying to keep myself positive even with no losses and successful fasts. Trying to keep my calories in check today and getting in some extra walking.

Got a new haircut and I'm trying to get used to wearing it down...I have had it long for a while so it always went into an easy knot at the back of my head...now I have to actually look at it every morning and figure something out :#
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Just finished my fast day today - a bit under 500 calories so I'm very happy! I found that today was the first fast day where I really wasn't hungry. I ate dinner because I knew I should eat something, but wasn't hugely hungry. Previously I'd be hungry all day, trying to combat it with liquids. I had a few episodes of feeling a little hungry which went away once I drank some flavored water. I was skeptical this would happen, but totally ecstatic that it did - I hope it continues on my fast days! :smiley:

@snaps27 - it took me awhile to get used to my hair when I first cut it short last spring. My hair is wavy though so all I do in the morning after showering is put some mouse in it and scrunch it a bit and then walk away, lol :wink:

Hope everyone is having a good start to the week. Hang in there if you're plateauing - it can be very frustrating! I hope it all changes soon :D
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well my scales may be pissing me off on a regular basis but I'm having a fabulous NSV today. Some trousers and a top I bought a couple of months ago and which fitted me well at the time are swamping me! I have an impressive amount of room between me and the waistband of the trousers and the peplum top looks like a tent. In all I look a bit like an unmade bed (I must have left the house without checking my appearance in a full length mirror though I can't remember as it was hours ago) but I don't care! Guess what's heading for the charity shop this weekend! :D
  • cal0rina
    Options
    Well my scales may be pissing me off on a regular basis but I'm having a fabulous NSV today. Some trousers and a top I bought a couple of months ago and which fitted me well at the time are swamping me! I have an impressive amount of room between me and the waistband of the trousers and the peplum top looks like a tent. In all I look a bit like an unmade bed (I must have left the house without checking my appearance in a full length mirror though I can't remember as it was hours ago) but I don't care! Guess what's heading for the charity shop this weekend! :D

Fantastic nsv! And great image, unmade bed :D
    I have done a b2b mon and Tues and extended it till lunch today as didn't get up early enough to have breakfast before my swim today so hopefully lots of fat burning, and good food planned for today, really looking forward to my mackerel salad for dinner.
    Hope everyone is enjoying spring and happy fasting x
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the motivation everyone! You guys are awesome. I've been SUPER tracking this week. I've tracked everything that has went into my mouth and I've lowered my calories, so we will see what the scale says this week. I am on antibiotics for a UTI. I hope this doesn't affect anything! I also can't have caffeine.. WAHHH! LOL.

• HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Fast day today! Gonna try for three this week.. Monday was an unintentional 'super fast', as I was ill and didn't go to work (slept alll day...). That was actually a bit of "luck" as I waaayyyyy over-indulged at Saturday's wedding (food upon food upon food... by the time dinner was served I could barely eat any of it...).

Nonetheless, today was weigh-in day with my girlfriends and I am still consistently losing! I am so happy to have jumped on this 5:2 wagon, as my loss was soooo slooowww and up/down with just restriction. And now I never have that awful feeling of failure when I have a "bad" day... I easily keep my eye on the "big picture" and log and move on... it's been very mentally healthy for me!

As of today, I am only 3.2 lbs away from my 1st GW of 145... I hope to get there by my birthday in May... I feel fairly confident that I can do it, too! Before 5:2 fasting, I wouldn't be so sure (heck, I wouldn't be this close to goal!)

@flumi_f - Your selfie vacay is inspired! I think I will do something similar once the nicer weather really kicks in! There is a park not too far north with gorgeous views, steeps hikes, endless waterfalls and inexpensive cabin rentals. I bet I could bring my doggie : D I hope you have a wonderful, head clearing, spirit renewing time!!!

Keep at it, friends! Nothing changes if nothing changes!!
  • thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Wooo feel like I can breathe. Been busting my butt to get a ton of work done for a meeting today and it was cancelled. HOLLLLAAAA! I ain't even mad I worked until 10pm last night because it still means that stuff is done :D

Fasted well last week, ate without abandon over the weekend and was back up to the same high from last week. Talk about cancelling out my work lol! Fasted during the day (just coffee + creamer) yesterday and had dinner + dessert (ended up 1200 calories for the day). Another fasting during the day today (just coffee & heaps of creamer) and dinner (probably end up around 850 calories).
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I woke up today and realized that if I wanted to get a 2nd fast day in this week, today's the day. Somehow I'm just not mentally prepared for it and my tummy is growling. Gonna hang in there tho. A NSV - I had been hanging onto a pair of capris waiting for the day that I could squeeze myself back into them, well they've been fitting for about 3 weeks and yesterday I realized they were getting baggie! woo hoo!! Only about a 1 pound loss in 3 weeks, but I'm a firm beliver in my strength training!
  • HollandOats
    HollandOats Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @maphammonds Congrats on your fantastic NSV! I am going to "shop my closet" this weekend, as I weed out things that don't serve me anymore and try on those I haven't fit into in a long time - I am excited! I think I like fitting into old clothes more than seeing the scale go down!

And also, I feel ya on the "not mentally prepared for it" thing, with the sudden decision for a fast day... If I plan it, even just from the day before, I'm golden... but days where I've tried to suddenly make a day a fast day as I go, I struggle.. so much of this weight loss game is mental! It's amazing... but you can do it!
  • iwannabeonthebeach
    Options
    I feel good today - another 2lbs off since last last check-in, making this month's average -1lbs/week, nice and sustainable.

Folks - if you like me you have a love/hate relationship with your scales, I find it helpful and inspiring to focus on NSV's. Weight loss is so much more than a number on a screen or a dial, it's about how you feel, a mindset and an attitude, and finding those little golden moments (like outfits that used to fit that are too big, or that were once too small that now fit, or noticing a reduction in flab in the mirror, or sometime saying "Did you lose weight? You look different somehow...") - those are the moments that can make the task we face seem worthwhile.

I think we're all wonderful and that fact that we're on here creating a supportive community and sharing those ups, downs, highs, lows, tips, fun, laughter and experiences only goes to prove it.

With so much death, destruction and hatred in the world it's up to individuals to reach out a hand of friendship, support and mutual understanding. Here, take mine!
  • cal0rina
    Options
    Started couch to 5k today as feeling that I have plateaued a bit with swimming, I amsstill carrying on with it for back pain but need to go up a notch for cardiovascular fitness, crikey it was hard! Not quite able to run for the full minute, but still didn't stop and kept to a brisk walk the rest of the time so am quite chuffed with myself.
    And then some bloody numpty says research shows that exercise doesn't have an impact on weight loss. I beg to differ!