How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
2»

Replies

• cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I tried daily but it didn't work for me - I put too much stress on myself when I see a normal, fluctuating weight uptick on the scale. I tried weekly but was too anxious about that, too, so I've settled into twice a week (Monday and Thursday).
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Aztec, I found one (Homedics, I believe) that went up to 400. Going off the scale on that one was a bad day for me!
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Aztec4Life wrote: »
    I'm debating whether to buy a scale or not. I know most "bathroom" scales top out at about 300 and I'm not even there yet so I'm not going to bother buying one just yet.

In the event that I do, anyone recommend a certain brand that won't break the bank. I just want something digital that's accurate. Don't need body fat % and all that (I used to have one of those and learned that those readings can be WAY off)

Hey check out Fitbit Aria scale it does all that without the limits and auto sync into MFP we love ours
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Every day to keep my self in check. It is not getting on the scale that got me to 280 lbs and I don't wanna end up that way again. I know it is different for everyone but I have to do this for me and I also log in daily on here with everything for over 3 years now. I know I will have to log my food the rest of my life as I need to see what I have consumed to keep my self in check.
    Good luck!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,689 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My doctor said to only weigh weekly, to which I replied "but it's fun! (pout)" So he recanted and said it was okay to weigh daily, but I wasn't to get upset at at small gains or losses from natural fluctuation. Not a problem for me.

I'm at goal now and watching to make sure I don't lose too much. I'm slowly getting the hang of this totally new phenomena and am fluctuating +/-2. All is well.

We have a professional quality balance-beam scale which is extremely accurate.
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I weigh weekly - on Tuesday mornings.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am 6.5 years out from RNY. I have gone from 340 to 140 (well, 145 right now but will lose the 5 I gained). I weigh daily. I can do a lot of damage if I do not watch my weight closely.

A great website to track your weight is https://trendweight.com/.
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I try weigh myself every few days.
  • duffslove
    duffslove Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every other day, first thing in the am, before drinking or eating, and always in the same jammies..yep, i change from the ones i wear to bed into those same ones every other am to weigh myself and then take them back off again..lol...i like to take the most guess work out of whether my digi scale is still spot on..it doesnt move from its spot and i always weigh in the same clothes so i cant tell myself..oh, i had heavier clothes on this am when i weighed thats why my weight is up. because in the past i have learned that I can come up with a lot of different excuses for why im that much heavier on this day than i was before..imagine, a couple of pounds as your normal body fluctuation, now add on another few pounds for those jeans, shirt, socks,and unmentionables youre weighing in that you normally dont and now you've got a good excuse for that 5lb weight gain..and of course it had nothing to do with the poor food choices you ate all day..just my way of trying to keep myself as accountable as i can
  • shortypage1123
    shortypage1123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week in the mornings after I go to the bathroom and in my birthday suit:)
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    My doctor said to weigh no more than once a week. Truth is though, I weigh more often when stressed about the lack of weight loss, so when I'm stalled, like now! Frankly, I was sleeved almost 4 years ago and I'm still not to goal. This has been a very slow journey for me and when I feel like I'm just so ready to give up and accept where I am right now because the stall has gone on so long, weighing and possibly seeing a little movement helps me stay focused and wanting to keep trying.