I'm new here, how do you guys log cals?

Options
sweetteadrinker2
sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
I'm one of those people with 20+ horses right out my backdoor. I spend way to much time at the barn. Stall cleaning is a workout, so is feeding. How do you guys log cals burned from all the s*it we shovel and hay we carry?

Replies

• suzetteducrepe
    suzetteducrepe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I count my daily horse care activities in my activity level for goal setting. I only count things as exercise that I don't do everyday, like riding and grooming, sadly.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine is also counted into my daily activity level. I log riding separately.
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this - I just use my fitbit to track my exercise - I don't bother putting in yoga, or horseback riding, or PT etc. do you find it makes a difference? I got frustrated trying to log my PT strength training. to many clicks to much time on the computer. I'd rather be moving.
  • sigsiddy
    sigsiddy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My day job is office so my mfp is set on light activity. I searched calorie equivalants online and made my own cardio activities to match. I try to enter wheelbarrow, lunging, rIding, grooming, stalls separately. I am often exhausted when I leave the barn. Barn time is my best work out!
  • losergood2011
    losergood2011 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I agree sigs! Horse and rider (I think) posted a calorie burner poster on FB that was really helpful to me. when I bothered to crunch it it was pretty much close to my fitbit so I thought ok. I don't count my exercise toward my edible cals anyway right now.