New Here...friend me!:)

Today is day 1 of my 2 week liquid pre-op diet. My surgery date is May 6th!! This is also my first time using mfp, so I'm figuring things out:)
I'm 28, 5'2 & currently 310. Can't wait for this life changing journey!

Replies

• badhair56
    badhair56 Posts: 239 Member
    you can do it. MFP is a good place to get advice and help for all stages of your journey. please feel free to add me as a friend
  • jillcwatson1
    jillcwatson1 Posts: 100 Member
    My surgery date is May 7...sleeve, and I would be happy to have you as a friend since we will be going through things at much the same time. I don't have to do a 2 week liquid diet preop but have a high protein, low carb diet from now until the last 2 days before with clear liquids. I am trying to do all I can to lose additional weight an also to build up my endurance for post surgery healing.
  • LunaGuido
    LunaGuido Posts: 115 Member
    Welcome!
  • loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    You'll do well. All journey's begin with a single step, you're on your way. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Laurac727
    Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
    sent you a request. Great start towards wonderful goal
  • Moe0112
    Moe0112 Posts: 123 Member
    Welcome! Keep us posted on your journey!
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Welcome! Congrats on the surgery date! Feel free to send a request. I had my RNY almost 2 1/2 years ago and am at the stage where the weight wants to come back, so watch things pretty closely. My diary is open and you can go all the way back to each day of my surgery from day 1. I've been logging for 1110 days and every day is completed. Again, congrats.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Today is day 1 of my 2 week liquid pre-op diet. My surgery date is May 6th!! This is also my first time using mfp, so I'm figuring things out:)
    I'm 28, 5'2 & currently 310. Can't wait for this life changing journey!

Welcome to our support group feel free to add me as a friend

Randy
  • bookerlr
    bookerlr Posts: 51 Member
    Congratulations on your surgery date! You have great support here!
  • Merylk34
    Merylk34 Posts: 54 Member
    Congratulations! We are surgery buddies. I'm having mine on may 4th so pretty close to you. I'm excited and nervous and starting to get this figured out. This support group has been amazing. Everyone is so encouraging and supportive.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Welcome to all! I was sleeved on 4/7 it's been great so far - still a newbie but I think you will find all the people here are wonderful supporters! Feel free to add me :)
  • lmbalders
    lmbalders Posts: 32 Member
    Welcome! I was sleeved 4/6 and it has been going amazing. Feel free to add me! :smiley:
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Am I missing something here? Is there a reason why people keep saying "Feel free to add me" instead of just adding her as a friend??? I was always taught to make friend you have to be a friend.

Do some people on MFP literally not have the ability to initiate friend requests and can only confirm them? (This is a serious question)
  • april731
    april731 Posts: 122 Member
    Hey there! Welcome to the group! We have very similar starting stats - I'm 5'3" and was 310 surgery day (323 at the start of my pre-op liquids). I'm just over a year out and happy to help in any way you need. As Aztec said, I will friend you. :wink:
  • mariesbees86
    mariesbees86 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone!