Need a Tutorial on using this community? Feel free to request

Options
RogerToo
RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
Hi All
If You need help in the form of a tutorial, feel free to ask and if It is in my power I will be happy to create one for You.

Have a Good Day
RogerToo

Replies

• gymrat9293
    gymrat9293 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    how do you crop a picture. I want to remove my son from the avi.
  • Anita_Newbody
    Anita_Newbody Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Roger, I found you!!!
    So I guess this is the place huh?
    I will look around and if I have any questions, I definitely know who to go to!!!
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Mom of 2 and Anita
    Momof2
    I would use the paint program in my windows computer to crop the image and then upload it here. I did not notice the ability to crop a avatar here. I believe that Apple computers should have a simple image editor too.

Good Luck
    Roger

Hi Anita
    Why not Start a Slow Users Message Thread here and post the link on the NutriSystem Thread. I think I have hit the limit for letters in my signature on NutriSystem. It always seemed a little buggy to me anyway.
    Just Go here where You found this message and Click the Green Create Button and give it the name.

To get there You can just hit the Home button on Your keyboard to go to the top of this page then click on where it says NutriSystem Group Users then You should see the Create button.

I do like the speed here.
    Have a Nice Thursday
    Roger

P.S if You click the Icon that looks like a small gear in the upper right corner of the post You have an Hour to edit the post before it becomes non editable Also that Icon seems to only appear when Your Mouse is in that corner of the post or when Your Mouse pointer is inside the boundries of the post
  • RogerToo
    Options
    How to archive a entire Message thread

How to archive a entire Message thread

Hi All
    Here is How I am Doing it. I will use Michelle's Approaches to Eating Out thread for my example.

Please Note I am doing this on a Windows Computer where it says nothing the steps are the same for all windows through windows 8, Some steps will show two options choose the one that matches Your Windows.

Step 1. Open the Message thread and go to the first page.

Step 2. Using FireFox or Internet Explorer go to the Upper Right Corner and click on File.

Step 4. In FireFox Select "Save page as" and Decide where to save the pages to. Internet Explorer select "Save As"

Step 5. I am putting them in a Folder called Michelles Approaches to Eating Out under a NutriSystem Pages folder in Documents. So I will Select "New Folder" towards the upper right and create the "NutriSystem Pages" folder in Documents, Hit Enter to go to that folder, then I will repeat and create one called "Michelles Approaches to eating out" folder. No Quotes BTW.

Step 6. The Save as will show this from the Page Title. "Approaches to Eating Out.htm" And save it.

Step 7. I go to the next page, in this case page 2 and save it also. FireFox will call it "Approaches to Eating Out - Page 2.htm" Since there are 8 pages currently FireFox will save them as page 2 to "Approaches to Eating Out - Page 8.htm"

Now that they are saved I can Open My Documents or Documents folder in my Windows 8 it is the icon showing my name or click the start button. Yes I have a start button in Windows 8 courtesy of a free add on called Classic Shell. Click the start button and select Documents or my Documents. Find the Folder You just created and anytime You want to view those pages just click on the .htm file. There will also be a corresponding same name folder that holds much of the page.

You can now view that page anytime form Your Hard Drive. The displayed page needs no Internet connection and will show all graphics, including Avatars, Signatures etc.

Good Luck
    Roger

• zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Would this work on the recipe section on the NS site? If not, any suggestions. Thinking it might be good to have a Favorite Recipe Section under the NS groups? What do you think?
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Would this work on the recipe section on the NS site? If not, any suggestions. Thinking it might be good to have a Favorite Recipe Section under the NS groups? What do you think?

I guess it would. I do not see why not as it saves the entire page. That does mean one page per recipe if You can live with that.

If You go to the Group "Nutrisystem Group Users" and then go to the bottom of it and click create You can start the Favorite Recipe section easily.
    Tip: use the Bottom Create button not the Top button.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All
    I am thinking of a tutorial workaround for a fairly easy to use signature method. I say fairly easy as it involves creating a signature in a post here, then doing a edit so that the codes are displayed and saving the result in a text file to paste in the bottom of a post.

The other option is one I am going to try right now.

Here goes copying my signature from NuriSystem
    OK, That worked!
    What I did was go to Quicklinks on NutriSystem, select Edit Signature. Then in the upper left of the edit box is a a/A box. Click that and all the BBCodes will be revealed and easily copied. Copy them to a simple Text File on Your computer and You can paste them into any message where You want Your Signature. Not Automatic I am afraid but it does work. :)

Good Luck
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    Copy them to a simple Text File on Your computer and You can paste them into any message where You want Your Signature. Not Automatic I am afraid but it does work. :)

Good Luck
    Roger

That's what i've been doing :smiley: i'll snag the spots for the mfp ticker too in a sec. just got home from work :) the exercise one i just went to tickerfactory.com, made one that fit and snagged the bbcode AND it can be updated WITHOUT having to redo the code each time :)

~kel

88702821.png

exercise.png

• dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    how to find the mfp tickers... took me a few :smiley:

oh3ink.jpg

i'm sure this said something about choosing/setting up one initially. only shows how to change mine now lol

14w51xs.jpg

~kel

88702821.png

exercise.png

• linna62
    linna62 Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Roger can we put bling in our signatures here like we used at NS in the BL challenge?
  • zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    RogerT....You are being paged! :smile:

Have decided not to start a recipe section. I just don't have time to facilitate it. Maybe someone else would like to do it. I just hate losing the recipe section of the NS site. After several months on the program (I've been there since 2006!), I got so tired of the food that I used that recipe area often.
  • RogerToo
    Options
    linna62 wrote: »
    Roger can we put bling in our signatures here like we used at NS in the BL challenge?

Hi Linna
    You can if it is a web link or a image link.
    Does that help?

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    RogerT....You are being paged! :smile:

Have decided not to start a recipe section. I just don't have time to facilitate it. Maybe someone else would like to do it. I just hate losing the recipe section of the NS site. After several months on the program (I've been there since 2006!), I got so tired of the food that I used that recipe area often.

Hi
    I can start a post for people to add their recipes to or We could have a NutriSystem Recipes group. Which one makes more Sense? There would also have to be links back and forth between the two groups which could be done in the Announcement area.

Please let me know what makes more sense, I'm leaning towards the group.
    Roger

P.S. Maybe they will keep the recipes? Without a call or email asking there is no way to know.
  • mrbodance
    mrbodance Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Roger...

Can you add NS Warriors?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105511-ns-warriors
    We were formerly "Maintaining April" to your list

Anyone at or near goal is welcome :smiley:

HI EVERYONE!!!

Many thanks :smile:

Picture1_zpsumdu4laa.png61Kd6gpIIL__SX522__zpswemuctbc.jpg1DT3rOc

• RogerToo
    Options
    mrbodance wrote: »
    Hi Roger...

Can you add NS Warriors?
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105511-ns-warriors
    We were formerly "Maintaining April" to your list

Anyone at or near goal is welcome :smiley:

HI EVERYONE!!!

Many thanks :smile:

Hi
    You can do that Yourself in case You did not know.
    Just go to the top and click on where it says
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    Then Go to the Bottom Green Create Button and You will be able to create a new message titled whatever You think it should be and put a introductory message explaining it

That Introductory message is why I think it would be better if You did it.
    Then Add a Link to it in Your Signature and post it in the Group over on NutriSystem

Good Luck
    Roger
  • mrbodance
    Options
    Thank you so much Roger! You are Awesome.
    I'll give it a try.

Jo
  • mrbodance
    Options
    I did that part... now can it go on your list too???

Thanks again :smile:
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi You might want to delete it and try again. You need to have the Group showing. That is the page where You see all the Different messages, Then Be sure to use the Bottom create button. That is the one that puts it in this group. Other than that I have no control.

If You are still having a problem put a reply here and indicate the title You want and the Introductory message and I will do it for You. It is pretty easy however.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • mrbodance
    Options
    YIPPEEEEEE

Roger, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• RogerToo
    Options
    mrbodance wrote: »
    YIPPEEEEEE

Roger, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI
    Good, Pretty easy too I believe.
    Do not forget to spread the word over on the NutriSystem website, A Link will help too.

Good Luck
    Roger