Habit Challenge for the rest of April 2015

Options

Replies

• Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I will get my planks in at this morning's Pilates class, we hold elbow plank for 3 minutes, then go directly to full plank for 3 minutes.

Oh dear God.... that sounds like a nightmare..... I cant imagine trying to hold a plank for that long, elbow plank THEN full plank /cry..... I will see how long I hold mine tonight in my Step Class, We do a 2 minute plank hold... I don't make it the whole time but I will time it.
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I will get my planks in at this morning's Pilates class, we hold elbow plank for 3 minutes, then go directly to full plank for 3 minutes.

OMG!!! That's impressive! I can't even wrap my head around 3 minutes!

I did a 64 second plank today and felt pretty proud! :)
  • RelentlessFierceWarriorBill
    Options
    Muery wrote: »

Oh dear God.... that sounds like a nightmare..... I cant imagine trying to hold a plank for that long, elbow plank THEN full plank /cry..... I will see how long I hold mine tonight in my Step Class, We do a 2 minute plank hold... I don't make it the whole time but I will time it.
    Just keep working at it, and build your time up slowly, you can do it !!!!

Options
    rlstepp29 wrote: »

OMG!!! That's impressive! I can't even wrap my head around 3 minutes!

I did a 64 second plank today and felt pretty proud! :) Yep, you should be proud planks aren't easy, keep working at them, you're doing great!!!

• Gainselliott
    Options
    I held my plank for 43 seconds today
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hubby timed me at exactly 60 seconds. Longer than I was expecting!
    Options
    I held my plank for 43 seconds today
    Good job !!!

Options
    Hubby timed me at exactly 60 seconds. Longer than I was expecting!
    Yaaaay !!!! Great work holding it !!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Ok all of you are very impressive! I only managed 30 seconds and was shaking the entire time. I clearly need to do planks more often! I had to push my walk from lunch to dinner--wasn't a long one, but better than sitting which is what I normally would've done.

Will do the push-ups tonight, and hopefully have time for some stretching to officially get caught up.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You guys killed it with your planks! What's the world record for a plank hold ya think?

Hoya, I was shaking from the get go too. lol!

On to pushups! On your knees is great. Try one on your toes if you always do them on your knees!
  • Gainselliott
    Options
    14 on my knees... I was going for ten.... Guess I need to start doing it on my knees.
  • bookworm_847
    Options
    I missed my challenges yesterday and today. Yesterday's was due to an overworked shoulder and I forgot to get my squats in last night. I'll have to look up sun salutations-- I did them when I was doing yoga a while back, but can't remember what they are! I'll try to remember to do them this evening for half credit ;)
  • hoyalawya2003
    edited April 2015
    Options
    14 on my knees... I was going for ten.... Guess I need to start doing it on my knees.
    That's what she said (I have the maturity of a 10 year old).

I managed 20 on my knees (barely). Was too sore to do the full ones probably from planking--at least that's my excuse.

Been enjoying the mantra so far today--mine is "take pride in how far you have come and have faith in how far you can go." Planning for sun salutations in the am!

ETA: I've swapped today and tomorrow as I had a run planned for this morning and no time for both.
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options

HOYA! LOL!! Michael Scott...took me right back to The Office. I miss that show!

Here are the challenges again. I had a run in with a bout of raspberry food poisoning so I some catching up to do. SOOoo so thankful that it wasn't anything more serious/long lasting. It makes me much more grateful for the health I do have!

April 24 Do five sun salutations as soon as you wake up, AFTER you get out of bed.
    April 25 Think of one powerful mantra to repeat to yourself today. Repeat it 5 times on the top of every hour during your work day.
    April 26 Increase your plank hold by 10 seconds
    April 27 Check your water intake. Aim to increase it by one glass or bottle. Bonus points if none of your beverages have added sugar of any kind in them today!
    April 28 Be in bed a half hour early
    April 29 Increase your plank hold by another 10 seconds
    April 30 Wall Sit! Record your max!

Here's a quick ditty I found on sun salutations that is almost exactly what I follow.2gitpdpw8umg.jpg
  • bookworm_847
    Options

No worries, Hubby and I still say it all the time, haha

Amee, thanks for posting that. I'll work on it this evening. :)

• Gainselliott
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Lol.... ;) Meant to say toes.....
    I always try and get out of bed early to do sun salutations, today I forced my self up 20 mins early to squeeze them in.... I felt so amazingly awake all day at work!!!! Going to have to make this one a habit....
  • hoyalawya2003
    Options
    Good morning! Greatly enjoyed the sun salutations this morning. My dog tried to help, which meant he was in my face for all the floor work until he flopped over on top of my hand. Didn't realize how stiff I was from running yesterday--need to stretch more!
  • AmeeSandhu
    Options
    Hoya, I have a certain fat cat that always makes her way on to my yoga mat when it gets unrolled. haha! Animals are so funny! It only takes me one downward dog to realize how tight my hamstrings are from running. And pigeon pose....so painful but so good!

Muery, the effect from your sun salutations...put a huge smile on my face. That's awesome!!

I just caught up and did my sun salutations and followed that up with pushups. I started on my toes, twice, which immediately brought me flat on my face. Then I did six on my knees before I tapped out and reminded myself I've just started feeling better. Today, my mantra is "I'm Unstoppable." Which is good since I have a lot of projects to tackle today and sometimes on the weekends I get overwhelmed and don't do much of anything. :o
  • Gainselliott
    Options
    Lol... Amee my mantra today was "You can do it!!!" I also had a lot of stuff to get done today. Got it all done too!!! :D
  • hoyalawya2003
    Options
    Hey where is everybody? I finally caught up--enjoyed sun salutations so much I did the extra stretching after my long run yesterday. And I'm pretty sure y'all are going to kill me with the planks, but I managed 40 seconds. Not sure my form was all that good though. Helped not to watch my stopwatch the whole time. Headed off to drink my extra water, so I will probably get up to pee a million times tonight! Hope everyone is doing well.