Hi Everyone..

Options
deedee8102
deedee8102 Posts: 16 Member
Hey I'm Dee and I'm on board. I'm just starting so my aim is 100 but from my goal it looks like I would hit more of the 80lb mark which would still be fantastic!! What is everyone doing to reach their goals. I had my first weigh in today and down 3lbs. I have been cutting down on refined carbs and sugar since I'm insulin resistant. I'm slowly incorporating activity in.

Replies

• NJbabe
    NJbabe Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey! :)

I'm looking to lose 150 lbs. I've lost 8.8 so far (in 10 days.) But I know that you lose weight quicker in the very beginning.

I'm eating 1,560 calories a day. And I'm going to start swimming on Friday. I already got a membership to a local pool (with my husband.) We plan on going 5 times a day for 60 min. It's a good workout, because it doesn't strain your joints. You also burn a lot of calories!

I also lift weights for my arms. I do 8 exercises every evening. I'm hoping to get them toned up.

I used to not eat breakfast... And now I drink smoothies I make at home with Vitamix.

I also drink a lot of water and natural sparkling water.
  • deedee8102
    deedee8102 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's great. My total to lose is 160. I have muscular dystrophy so I have to ease into my exercise routine and focus very strongly on my eating/life style changes. Currently, I'm customizing a very strong seated routine. In about another week I will do Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Justin. My total to lose is 160 as well. I started 3/16/15 and have lost 27.2 lbs so far. My goal is too lose an additional 93.6 pounds by new years.

I eat 5 times a day. 4 snacks and one larger meal that is usually dinner. I am considering adding breakfast and removing a snack once I am out of school. I probably average around 1300 net calories.

Right now I do cardio 4-5 times a week and do strength training 3-5 times. I do chest/back one day, then shoulders/abs the next, then legs/arms on the third. After that I start over again.

Water is key. Somedays I only drink 8 or 9 glasses, but sometimes I do really well and drink 15 glasses.

Most importantly I treat my dieting as if I were a drug addict in recovery. I do not have cheat days and I don't ever go over my calorie limit. I know this isn't necessary for everyone, but it is with me. I have fallen off the "diet wagon" far too many times.
  • NJbabe
    Options
    How nice! :) You've already lost a lot of weight in 5.5 weeks. Good job! What do you do for cardio?

I don't have "cheat days" per se. But my husband and I go to a nice restaurant once a week. We don't overindulge. But I'd get something like filet mignon with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes (no butter and no bacon.) We'd also share a dessert... if it's not too many calories. I fit that meal into my calorie intake for the day. And I do my best to find nutrition information or estimate by inputting each item's info separately.

I like to view this as my "new healthy lifestyle" and not a temporary diet. Well, technically speaking, it's really my old healthy lifestyle. 6 years ago I was a size 8. I used to weight 145 lbs. I cooked daily and worked out 3-5 times a week. It's time to get back to that... ;)
  • myeclipse81
    myeclipse81 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Misty. I have a total weight loss goal of 142 lbs. I have already lost 2 lbs in the week since I joined MFP. I don't really plan to try for 100 by this Christmas but would probably set myself a goal of 60lbs by this Christmas. I am setting more smaller goals for myself so I don't get fustrated. Right now by goal is 15lbs by June 15 and another 15 lbs by August 15th for a total of 30 lbs lost before I go on my vacation at the end of August. Just mini goals that don't sound so high for me to reach. :) They will all add up in the end. Right now I am trying to make very small changes to my diet at a time and nothing drastic like just trying to limit portion sizes. I am a Coumadin blood thinner patient and my Dr wants me to make small changes at a time so that they can more easily adjust my dosage around the changes I am making. I've already been active for a while but just not eating right and overeating I wasn't loosing anything with my activity. I am involved in Martial Arts classes 3 times a week. Some classes are more physically demanding than others but I am allowed to modify and do what I can. I really enjoy it so it makes it easier to stay motivated on it. Then I am trying to add atleast another 2 or 3 days per week of doing various exercising like exercises videos or the treadmill.
  • JMC3Terp
    JMC3Terp Posts: 2,803 Member
    Options
    NJbabe wrote: »
    How nice! :) You've already lost a lot of weight in 5.5 weeks. Good job! What do you do for cardio?

I mostly walk. I would like to use a stair climber, eliptical, and bike, but do not have a gym membership right now so I am just working with what I have at home.

I don't think there is anything wrong with going out to eat. I end up going out twice a week. YOu just have to plan that into your day. Alot of times the healthiest non salad/seafood item IS steak. If cooked right there isn't much fat in it so its relatively low calorie compared to most carbs.

Personally I do not get desert, but that is because I do not find it filling and see it as wasted calories. If I have 1800 calories to spend, I do not want to spend 600 of them on half a slice of cake.

And i agree this has to be a lifestyle for someone, not a temporary change. When I do get in shape I am sure I will have days I eat too much and drink alot of pop, but I will still keep track of calories and exercise. The main difference now is as I have 130 pounds to go, my diet must be more demanding than when I eventually am just "maintaining"
  • NJbabe
    Options
    I bought this one about a year ago. And it's been working well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005OU4E62/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They have cheaper/smaller elliptical machines too. Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-55-1610-InMotion-Elliptical-Trainer/dp/B000VICRO8/ref=sr_1_2?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1429758252&sr=1-2&keywords=elliptical

I have a dog though. And now that the weather is nicer, I'm going to start taking him on longer walks, effective tomorrow. ;)
  • 1nelle
    1nelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody
    My name is Wenelle and I started my weight loss journey in Feb. of this year I was sick and tired of feeling like crap so I made my mind up that I wanted to loss 100lbs! I started out at 225lbs not a weight that I am proud of but you know life happens. So I started to work out it was just a half hour at a time then I would up it know I am 45lbs down and work out for 1 hour and 45 min and I feel amazing!! I have been drinking about a gallon or so of water a day cutting back on what I eat not realy cutting anything out an I have been doing a 1200 calorie intake but I exercise so I get a little more play. Thanks for listening to me ramble on! Have a great night!
  • NJbabe
    Options
    Nice! :) What does your workout regimen include, 1nelle? 1 hr 45 min sounds great! Do you do it every day?
  • dawnz75
    dawnz75 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Greetings... Looking to loose just over 100 lbs. I lost about 25 pounds at the end of 2014 using Fitness pal and exercise. Lost focus during the holidays and beginning of this year. I gained about 15 pounds back and wanting to get this going again before I gain it all back! I have been trying to cook "real food" for my family this past month. Just trying to stay away from anything processed. But I need the consistency of tracking my calories and having a group to touch bases with. Thank you for allowing me to join. Looking forward to May with you all.