Scale

Options
fatchimom
fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
Any suggestions for a new bathroom scale? I read on another post that the scales with the body fat feature aren't very accurate. Thanks

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Yeah, those fat monitors aren't accurate, but they may be OK for the long-term trend. Especially if you use them at a consistent level of hydration (like the same time each morning).

I bought a new digital scale, but it broke after a couple months. So I just weigh myself at the gym on one of those nice medical-style beam balance scales. I'd get one for home if I had the room for it.
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a regular spring scale that you can adjust. I feel like I have to fix it every time I use it. And I bounce a few time to get an average weight. It's really annoying. I'm sure ballance scales are really expensive but I would LOVE to have one.
  • mrmdm
    mrmdm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wabnester is correct that these are good for trends over time. I always made sure to weigh in at the same time each time and wear no clothes or the same clothes each time. I dont use anymore as i get body scanned now x1 month at my medifast office..

Dave
  • ChairmanWow
    ChairmanWow Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    We just bought a new one to replace an ancient Tanita that we felt was, shall we say, untrustworthy. We got a HoMedics http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/1/1/303534-homedics-glass-digital-bath-scale-bright-white.html

It is ridiculously consistent and fast, has a bright blue light screen for easy reading, and tracks in .2 of a pound increments. That in itself is nice, because they old one only tracked in .5 pound increments. Poorly.
  • monicapavlick
    monicapavlick Posts: 18 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I bought a NewlineNY model off Amazon. My husband weighed himself at work on a scientific scale, came home and weighed himself again on the new scale & the scale was accurate. I weighed myself the next morning once plain and once holding a 10 pound dumbbell & again it was accurate.
    It's just a plain model no bells & whistles, but we like it.
  • GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I bought plain cheap Health-O-Meter at walmart, it's pretty accurate and i've been using it for about 3 month now with no issues.
  • TribalmamaEmily
    TribalmamaEmily Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    We have
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Weight-Watchers-by-Conair-4-User-Memory-Glass-Body-Analysis-Scale/33616453

Like others said, i would not call it accurate. But it isn't way off either. I just weigh myself at the same time, without clothes to make it simple. The numbers are just confirmation for me ~ not the motivation. The way I feel in my clothes and performance are the real evidence. ;o)

It is cheap and i'd say ok for general readings. We have had it for about 3 months with no problems, yet.
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I have this one:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Health-O-Meter-Weight-Tracking-Scale/22083846

And I love it! I can step on that scale as many times as I want in a row and it always gives me the same weight. Plus it remembers your last weight, and stores two users so my husband and I can each use it.

I always weigh myself in the morning before I step into the shower.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for all the good suggestions!
  • lisahenneberry83
    lisahenneberry83 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have this love/hate relationship with scales lol I have one that does the body fat etc..I have calibrated it to many times to count and it always gives me different readings. The one thing I did notice was that I had a tendency to lean a little to the left or put more weight on my left foot...not sure why. Anyway, I decided to start using the scale at the gym at the same time wearing the same clothes once a month. I tend to worry about the number on the scale more than I should :) Hopefully you find one that you really like! If you do let us all know:) Good luck!