Food Creations

Options
jrn8ion
jrn8ion Posts: 50 Member
So this is not new, but tonight I took a medium green bell pepper, cut top off, trimmed inside of seeds and membrane. Dropped it into boiling water for 5 minutes. Took it out drained it on rack while I cooked Nutrisystem Mushroom Risotto in the microwave. I added salt & pepper to inside of bell pepper, stuffed it with the risotto and baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Served the stuffed bell pepper, with a nice little green salad to myself. It was the bomb.

Replies

• surrealchereal
    surrealchereal Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I have some of the risotto, I'm going to try it tonight.
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy, I need to give it a try.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh yum thanks. Im always looking for new ideas!
  • soulsistahd
    soulsistahd Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    37 Calorie Brownies!
    3.4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (vanilla works great for this)
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (not quick oats)
    1/2 cup Truvia (or any sweetener that pours like sugar - I prefer Truvia because it's stevia based)
    1 egg
    1/3 cup applesauce (I used natural/unsweetened)
    1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use an 8"X8" square baking dish, sprayed with non-stick spray. Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (1 minute). Pour into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 large squares

THESE ARE SO GOOD. :)
  • Katherine52459
    Katherine52459 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • MsDimeo
    Options
    Oh yum thanks. Im always looking for new ideas!
  • jrn8ion
    Options
    37 Calorie Brownies!
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1/2 cup Truvia (or any sweetener that pours like sugar - I prefer Truvia because it's stevia based)
    1 egg
    1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Use an 8"X8" square baking dish, sprayed with non-stick spray. Combine all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth (1 minute). Pour into prepared dish and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 large squares

This sounds yummy. But please be careful using that much Truvia. Truvia has very little benefit and has been noted to cause some serious side effects. It is made with sugar alcohols and is 100% genetically modified. There is a derivative called Rebiana, which is a part of Stevia Leaf (how they can call Stevia based), but it is less than 1 half of 1% of the ingredients. The rest are alcohols and other flavors. Look for 100% pure Stevia Leaf or organic Stevia at higher end supermarket or the vitamin shoppe.
  • MsDimeo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Shake ideas:
    1. Add raw spinach and blend in blender- You can't taste it in there but your getting your veggie.
    2. Like hot chocolate?- Add Hot water instead of cold water. Tastes pretty good.
    3. Freeze a shake and eat it like ice cream.
    4. add Kahlua (haha)
  • jrn8ion
    Options
    Mac & Chz Idea

I did this the other night. Prepare mac & chz as directed. While its "cooking" in its cup, sauté with water, diced broccoli (as best as you can dice broccoli, lol, small pieces) diced bell peppers and diced red onions. Start with a couple of tbsp. of water to sauté add more as needed. I learned a while back that you can sauté anything without oil, just lower heat a bit, cook longer, stirring constantly (saves fat/cals).

Once mac & chz cooked, add sautéed veggies to mac & cheese. Pour into small casserole dish (I use my corning ware for this), add pepper to taste, sprinkle with a small bit of bread crumbs mixed with 1-tbsp of parmesan cheese (these are consider an extras, be sure to add to tracker). Bake in oven at 400 degree for 10-15 minutes.

Top with either homemade pico de gallo (diced onions, tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro & squeeze of lime juice) or use jar chunky salsa.

Serve with cucumber, onion, tomato salad with remaining lime juice and dash of salt/pepper.
  • crochet221
    crochet221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Great ideas everyone! What an awesome group! Thank you!
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    jrn8ion wrote: »
    So this is not new, but tonight I took a medium green bell pepper, cut top off, trimmed inside of seeds and membrane. Dropped it into boiling water for 5 minutes. Took it out drained it on rack while I cooked Nutrisystem Mushroom Risotto in the microwave. I added salt & pepper to inside of bell pepper, stuffed it with the risotto and baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Served the stuffed bell pepper, with a nice little green salad to myself. It was the bomb.

I pretty much do the same thing only I use the sloppy joe meal add cooked quinoa and onions and some low fat Mexican cheese !

I also make a pizza from the seasoned bbq chicken meal
    I low carb low calorie wrap place in a 350 oven for 5 minutes to get it crispy
    Spread the bbq chicken meal
    Top with cooked bell peppers, onions mushrooms or whatever veggies you like
    add some low fat shredded cheese place back in the oven for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted and you now have a bbq chicken pizza
    Marlene
  • jrn8ion
    Options
    That sounds yummy, except for the sloppy joe mix & chicken, lol (I'm vegetarian). NS used to have a veggie sloppy joe mix back when I was on it previously in 2011. Not sure why it was discontinued? Well, that's dumb of me why does NS do anything? :D
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Question rather than recipe --- have any of you tried to mix up protein shake mixture and run it through an ice cream maker? I'm just wondering about he texture. After eating a 1/2 frozen craving crusher this afternoon (which was great), I just wondered if any of you had tried actually churning it. I'm already thinking of summer treats . . .
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Question rather than recipe --- have any of you tried to mix up protein shake mixture and run it through an ice cream maker? I'm just wondering about he texture. After eating a 1/2 frozen craving crusher this afternoon (which was great), I just wondered if any of you had tried actually churning it. I'm already thinking of summer treats . . .

I have made it in my nutribullet where it comes out so stiff I have to eat it with a spoon. I used the vanilla and added frozen strawberries and a little almond milk. Tastes like a total cheat. o:)
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »

I have made it in my nutribullet where it comes out so stiff I have to eat it with a spoon. I used the vanilla and added frozen strawberries and a little almond milk. Tastes like a total cheat. o:)

I may have to put a Nutribullet on a birthday list :)
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »

I may have to put a Nutribullet on a birthday list :)

Oh ya worth every penny. I love mine.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    37 Calorie Brownies!
    1/4 cup skim milk
    1 egg
    1 pinch salt

Ur hired as my personal chef!!!!

• evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My 'go to' Sunday treat

1 frozen banana
    1 Tbsp chocolate protein powder
    Scant 1/4 cup almond milk

Pulse til mixed...dont over pulse or you will have chocolate soup....reminds me of soft serve ice cream....i use a nutribullet but this can be done in a food processor or blender
  • SillyRabbit65
    SillyRabbit65 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    0md6tgrze898.jpg
    I was going to make chicken parm pasta at work for lunch today, so I portioned out my spicy V8 for my lunch crock. I thought I had a container the would nest in my crock for carrying..but no, so I put it in a baggie. Didn't make lunch, so brought my V8 back home. Won't be having NS lunch tomorrow, so I was trying to think of how to use the V8. Had some mini bell peppers, so I sauteed them with some onion in the V8, added 1/4 cup of rice and the meatloaf (crumbled up) from NS meatloaf/mashed potatoes. I love stuffed peppers - this was YUM!!! Will do it again.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    That looks great, SillyRabbit!!