Daily Check In - April - Tuesday 21st - Sun 26th

Replies

• One hour Pilates class in the morning, one hour Barre class in the evening.
  • Womaniamnew
    Womaniamnew Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks everyone! I love this group! You all are doing amazing!
  • Womaniamnew
    Day 3 of Chalene extreme done. Got up at 4am started my workout at 4:16 was done by 5am.117ivsevux2y.jpg
    Yaaaay, you are doing great !!!
    Thank you!

• :happy:
    kpkd685csb0x.jpg
    Love it !!!!

• morty1966
    morty1966 Posts: 250 Member
    edited April 2015
    Well I did it, I finally worked out in the morning. I cycled to work this morning, 6.5 miles, and at least 5 are up hill. I have to say it nearly killed me. Last time I did this, in October last year, it took 40 minutes. Today it took 55! But I did it, and I feel great for it.

Also, as I was cycling past Down House (the home of Charles Darwin) I could hear a woodpecker in the trees nearby, and it was green and lush and there were loads of horses coming to say hello as I passed them. That was lovely.
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    AWESOME Morty!!!

You guys are doing great! So great!

I have a confession. I have been sneaking processed snacks into my diet this last week. Like out of nowhere. Maybe because I've been working out more, subconsciously I've been thinking my body won't know it or maybe even "deserves" it. This morning, I woke up feeling nauseated and gross. I'm not sure exactly what I ate that made me feel like this, but oye, I think I learned a lesson. Back to focusing on my nutrition...oh and moving my morning workout to this evening. Surely I'll be feeling better by then!
  • AmeeSandhu wrote: »
    AWESOME Morty!!!

You guys are doing great! So great!

I have a confession. I have been sneaking processed snacks into my diet this last week. Like out of nowhere. Maybe because I've been working out more, subconsciously I've been thinking my body won't know it or maybe even "deserves" it. This morning, I woke up feeling nauseated and gross. I'm not sure exactly what I ate that made me feel like this, but oye, I think I learned a lesson. Back to focusing on my nutrition...oh and moving my morning workout to this evening. Surely I'll be feeling better by then!
    I do the same thing out of the blue sometimes !!! Maybe we need to go through that gross feeling to jolt us back to reality. Thankfully, I always come back more focused, stronger, and determined to eat healthy again. I'm sure you will too, Amy.

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Ran 5.8 miles and did my day 11 exercise with the 21 day fix, Pilates fix. Technically I think Pilates fix is supposed to be an active recovery day, but my glutes are hurting!
  • rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Great job Michelle!!! I'm hoping to gradually start increasing my distance.

Nice work on the early morning cycling Morty! I guess that means you'll be cycling again to get home later! Wow!

Amee I get the same way from time to time and then pay for it later. Hopefully you'll feel better soon!

I did a 3 mile run this morning and Day 4 of the 30-Day Shred. :)
  • 4:45 a.m., one hour of Pilates, 9:00a.m., one hour Hatha Yoga class. Have a Pilates class at 6:00p.m., and another Hatha Yoga class at 7:15.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    So today was my one chance to sleep in, and one of my kids woke me at 6 to clean up an accident. Yucky start to the day. Looking forward to push ups until I drop tonight. If I'm not totally exhausted will do a light elliptical and the 10-15 minutes of stretching. Don't want to overdo though since I'm planning an early morning run tomorrow!
  • Womaniamnew
    I overslept but got up and got my workout in at 5am955chtgx1ohn.jpg
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    Dog walk this afternoon and a JMBR Cardio..... So going to bed early!!!!
  • hoyalawya2003
    I overslept but got up and got my workout in at 5am955chtgx1ohn.jpg

Your over sleeping is my getting up early. Way to go! And good job, Muery! Need to walk my dog more often.

I'm so proud that I got up and ran 3.1 miles this morning. Actually went outside and was much more enjoyable than the treadmill. But my knuckle light was dead so it was a little dodgy not seeing the footing in a few spots! Planning for a long run Sunday am before church.

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Well done! Good for you all for keeping it up!

I did Les Mills Combat this morning since I couldn't get the Beachbody On Demand thing to work so I could do some Turbo Fire. Good thing I ordered the program I guess... Hubby calls our internet tinfoil & coat hangers, lol. We live way out in the country and have one option for phone & internet. I was so tempted to just go back to bed when I couldn't get the page to load, but decided to put a Combat dvd in since I was already up and dressed to get my sweat on.

Happy Friday!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    6 mile run + day 12 of 21 day fix: cardio fix :blush:
  • hoyalawya2003
    Well done! Good for you all for keeping it up!

I did Les Mills Combat this morning since I couldn't get the Beachbody On Demand thing to work so I could do some Turbo Fire. Good thing I ordered the program I guess... Hubby calls our internet tinfoil & coat hangers, lol. We live way out in the country and have one option for phone & internet. I was so tempted to just go back to bed when I couldn't get the page to load, but decided to put a Combat dvd in since I was already up and dressed to get my sweat on.

Happy Friday!

Isn't it an awesome feeling when you don't let something unexpected derail you?! And Michelle, I can' wait until I can just do a 6 mile run, way to go for doing cardio fix too!

• rlstepp29
    rlstepp29 Posts: 180 Member
    Today is a rest day from running. Completed Day 5 of the 30-Day Shred. I might go for a walk this afternoon to get in my 10,000+ steps.
  • AmeeSandhu
    AmeeSandhu Posts: 120 Member
    This makes me happy that you guys are killing it! I got sidelined with what I'm pretty sure was food poisoning. Ironic that it had to have been the organic raspberries I ate. Right? Unless my husband tried to poison me, it had to be the berries. lol! My coworker was convinced it was the flu when she sent me home yesterday, but I refused to believe it. I stayed home from work today except for a quick trip to the office to tie up some loose ends and I'm taking it easy and feel perfectly fine except for some lingering fatigue. I'm thinking after a nap, I could maybe get in some body revolution so I can get back on track. We'll see. I won't push it if I have any doubts.
  • Gainselliott
    Gainselliott Posts: 34 Member
    I think I pissed off my hamstring yesterday doing JMBR, so I took today off from JMBR. There is no reason to push myself and get even more hurt.... But I did go for the regular dog walk. Tomorrow I plan on clearing out the whole front yard and moving some flowers around.... If I feel like my hamstring is recovered I'm going to jump right back into JMBR.
    Because I have step class 2 times a week, I am only doing Jillian's workouts one time each week. So 2 regular workouts a week instead of 4, so I am going to repeat workouts 1&2 for one more week before I move on to workouts 3&4. I will do 3 weeks of each set of workouts. This is going to stretch the program out to be a 4 and a half month program.... I think I'm ok with that.