Suggestions For Improving The Overall Experience For This Group?

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
I hope you aren't getting tired of seeing my face. I know my posts tend to run a little long but I count "running" my mouth as exercise. Seriously though, I always liked looking at the new blog posts on NS each morning for advice and motivation. I think we should have a "What's Happening" page each day where those who want to report things such as weigh-ins, NS moments, advice, challenges, etc., can be published. We can put the date in the title so it will be easy to find and it should stay near the top for that day as it should be the most popular discussion.

Right now, there aren't a lot of topics but as time goes on the number of group conversations will grow and I think it will be nice to have a go to discussion each day.

Please let me know what you think and please offer any suggestions that you have to improve the overall experience. We're all in this together. Thanks, Michael

Replies

• TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like that idea, and by all means keep posting. More life in the group never hurts.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Keep posting! Just wish i didnt have to log in everytime i click on the app and then have to wait on it to syncronize everything before i can use it. takes it forever! Ive emailed help to see if this can be resolved for me.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh sorry yes i like the idea of having that topic. I love sitting down to breakfast each mornig and reading everyones post. This would keep it in one place so it doesnt get lost in the feed.
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Great idea!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great idea, keep the posts coming...I don't think they are too long.
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I miss being able to see a quick synopsis on the blog page of each posting. I think that would be a daily "go to" motivator.
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Great idea Michael!
  • crochet221
    crochet221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »
    Oh sorry yes i like the idea of having that topic. I love sitting down to breakfast each mornig and reading everyones post. This would keep it in one place so it doesnt get lost in the feed.

I agree with you, wonderful coffee time reading!
  • jrn8ion
    jrn8ion Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I agree as well.
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Idea! Love reading how everyone is doing and whatever tips, or advice they may share
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Great idea. I, apparently like so many others, read these posts over morning coffee, and have found they are a great way to start the day.
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm liking the idea. Let's do it!
  • mco66
    mco66 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is great - I just saw a post on the "soon to be deleted" NS forums and I'm glad I caught it! Thanks so much for setting this up guys. :)
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Fantastic idea Michael!
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I vote yes! Love the idea. Thank you Mike for continuing to run your mouth.
  • Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    And, you have my vote, too.
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I elect your fearless leader!!!!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, I know a lot of you felt the go-to page was a good idea. So did I but I am going to make a change starting tomorrow. It does get quite a few posts but I really want it to be a page that everybody will want to use and go to. I believe the main purpose should be for members to share their weekly results. With the number of members this group already has, there should be an average of almost 20 people weighing in each day. So I am going to change the page to a weigh-in/results page. I am posting this in a couple of discussions and if you are going through the different posts by clicking on the "new" ones and see this same post, I apologize. Although, I believe clicking a mouse or a button on our phone burns .000021 calories so it's all good.

I will title the page: xx/xx/xx Weigh In On (Day on Week)? Share Your Results.

Have a great night!

- Michael