Friday, 4-24-15 Daily Lose: Results, Reports and Recommendations

Options
mikemusky44
mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
edited April 2015 in Social Groups
This daily go-to page is a good spot to enter your results, share updated pictures, report things you learned to the group and make recommendations based upon your experience (among other things).

One thing you will want to do when responding or commenting to something someone else said is to hit the "quote" button so we know to whom you are responding.

Please feel free to share.

Replies

• mikemusky44
    Options
    My son's birthday was on Wednesday and we celebrated with my wife's parents. We ordered for my son and in-laws but Swati and I ate Nutrisystem that night. Yesterday, we celebrated with my parents. We gave my son the choice of any restaurant he wanted. He chose Tilted Kilt. What else would you expect from a 16-year-old-boy? Talk about a tough menu! But I actually did something I've never done in my entire life by ordering a turkey burger. Plus, I ordered it without the bun! It was California style but with only a little guacamole.

I had adjusted my calories lower throughout the day in order to be able to eat without too much concern. I did "cheat" a little with a beer. OK, two beers. Since I've started NS nearly 9 weeks ago, I've only had three drinks total (two last night and one on Easter). The calories amounted to pretty much what they would have been if I ate my snack and dessert, which I did not.

We've actually had quite a few events in the past two months but have managed to do pretty well. I must admit that Swati has done much better than me but I haven't done too poorly myself. The only day that I really fell off the wagon was on Easter. After taking a full week to lose the weight I gained from one meal, that will not be happening again anytime soon.

I am really happy to have learned how to control my intake when in social situations away from home. This is definitely something I should be able to do for the rest of my life.

As a side note, I actually had to laugh when my parents cautioned me about losing too much weight. Especially since the NS BMI chart says I am still obese. They even said my stomach was totally gone - it must have been the flattering shirt. B)
  • TheDaddyBear
    TheDaddyBear Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well clearly you are looking fit! Oddly enough we just celebrated my son's birthday on Monday, he turned 19. my wife grilled him up some burgers using a homemade recipe, but I stayed completely on plan (although I had tears in my eyes). My BBB came today, a full week after my frozen food arrived. I weigh on wednesdays and staying on plan paid off as I lost 4 pounds this week.

I'm looking forward to trying out a number of new items, as this is my 3rd shipment thus far. I tend to track a little differently, I plan my meals the night before and log them all right then. This makes the day easy as I just eat what it tells me to the next day. Final note: the weather in El Paso has been wonderful! I'm planning a picnic. Hope everyone's having a fantastic day!
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did "cheat" a little with a beer. OK, two beers. Since I've started NS nearly 9 weeks ago, I've only had three drinks total (two last night and one on Easter).

That made me laugh. Way to be honest! I've really missed my nightly glass of wine (well maybe 2 since we're being totally honest here). In 12 weeks on the program, I've only allowed myself 2 total glasses. So that averages to 1 glass per 6 weeks. And you with that turkey burger......I think NS must have been successful in totally brain washing you on eating healthy! Isn't it funny that almost the first thing I wake up and think about is what veggies will I eat today? Way to go Mike!!
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Well clearly you are looking fit!

Fit? Well not quite there yet but thanks. 4 lbs and resisting food that brings tears to your eyes? Sounds like a great week for you. Keep it up brother. We're rooting for you!

PS: wish your son a Happy Birthday from us and enjoy the picnic.

• MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Speaking of birthdays, I dread May. That's when my family gets together. I have me, my sister, my brother and Dads birthday all in one week. She makes us each a cake and don't care if we are dieting. She thinks it silly to diet. uuugh. That means May 2nd (that's when the dinner is) I will be face to face with a big dinner and 4 Cakes!!!! I asked her to make me an angel food cake with strawberries on the side. I plan to be strong and eat a tiny bite and take it easy on the dinner. Oh and then there is Mothers Day and My wedding anniversary too......yikes.
    On a good note...My scales were nice to me today.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options

I had adjusted my calories lower throughout the day in order to be able to eat without too much concern. I did "cheat" a little with a beer. OK, two beers. Since I've started NS nearly 9 weeks ago, I've only had three drinks total (two last night and one on Easter). The calories amounted to pretty much what they would have been if I ate my snack and dessert, which I did not.
    Good job on adjusting things to fit your plan! I think it's fine to do that occasionally.

Well clearly you are looking fit! Oddly enough we just celebrated my son's birthday on Monday, he turned 19. my wife grilled him up some burgers using a homemade recipe, but I stayed completely on plan (although I had tears in my eyes). My BBB came today, a full week after my frozen food arrived. I weigh on wednesdays and staying on plan paid off as I lost 4 pounds this week.
    Atta boy to you too for resisting! And a 4 lb loss is amazing!!

MsDimeo wrote: »
    Good Morning! Speaking of birthdays, I dread May. That's when my family gets together. I have me, my sister, my brother and Dads birthday all in one week. She makes us each a cake and don't care if we are dieting. She thinks it silly to diet. uuugh. That means May 2nd (that's when the dinner is) I will be face to face with a big dinner and 4 Cakes!!!! I asked her to make me an angel food cake with strawberries on the side. I plan to be strong and eat a tiny bite and take it easy on the dinner. Oh and then there is Mothers Day and My wedding anniversary too......yikes.
    On a good note...My scales were nice to me today.
    Oh that is going to be tough to resist but I know you can do it!!! So glad your scale was nice to you! :)

My scale was nice to me too! I lost 2.4 lbs this week!!! B) I haven't lost that much since week 2! I have worked really hard the last 3 weeks though so it's about time that scale showed it! ;)

• mikemusky44
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jen, 2.4 lbs - that's great! Congrats!

tobefitJen wrote: »
    Good job on adjusting things to fit your plan! I think it's fine to do that occasionally.

I do too but I also know it is not the best strategy for everybody. I have the confidence and self control to go slightly off program without having additional cravings or overindulging. That wasn't always the case for me but it is now. In addition to compensating beforehand, I also compensate afterwards. For instance, I will be adding an extra cardio session later today that will be in addition to the martial arts program Swati and I just completed.

I am also very fortunate to have been losing at a nice pace and to have the ability to engage in intense workout sessions daily. Swati, on the other hand, is able to work out hard but would significantly slow or even reverse her weight loss if she went off program at this time. We all have unique bodies that are going to respond different from one another. Plus men definitely have it easier than women - sorry girls. Not sure why I am apologizing but anyway...

Ultimately, I am preparing myself for lifelong success and am doing what works best for me.

Slightly off topic: Sometimes working from home can get a bit lonely but I now have two new friends at work and another that will be joining us shortly (he wasn't quite yet ready to jump on the Cardboard Express this month).

ytz46nr6f4gl.jpg

So glad I took this pic - I didn't realize there was so much dust on the top of my monitor!
  • MsDimeo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MikeMuskey44- "cardboard express", LOL I love that expression. Hope mine got his ticket home next week.
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is definitely something I should be able to do for the rest of my life.

Completely agree with the "rest of my life" mentality. Good job, Mike!
  • Beach949RN
    Options
    Finally got around to measuring myself yesterday, after a 28.9 lb. loss. I'm halfway there. Overall, I've lost 12.5 inches. No wonder none of my clothes fit and several trips to Good Will. Thanks for letting me share.
  • mikemusky44
    Options
    Chris949RN wrote: »
    Finally got around to measuring myself yesterday, after a 28.9 lb. loss. I'm halfway there. Overall, I've lost 12.5 inches. No wonder none of my clothes fit and several trips to Good Will. Thanks for letting me share.

Congrats on reaching the halfway point! And you are doing a great thing for Goodwill and yourself - once you give those clothes away, you will not be able to grow into them and will need to maintain your loss. I hope Goodwill is ready for some 44" pants because I have some for them.

• sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I'm looking forward to trying out a number of new items, as this is my 3rd shipment thus far. I tend to track a little differently, I plan my meals the night before and log them all right then. This makes the day easy as I just eat what it tells me to the next day. Final note: the weather in El Paso has been wonderful! I'm planning a picnic. Hope everyone's having a fantastic day!

Happy for you....the weather in Cleveland still sucks! Sunny but still a little chilly. At least it's not snow. Good job on the weight loss and my condolences about the burger. lol
  • sznsido
    sznsido Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I said goodbye to 2.7 pounds this week. Those are the goodbyes that I actually look forward to. .4 short of 20 pounds!
  • Beach949RN
    Options

Congrats on reaching the halfway point! And you are doing a great thing for Goodwill and yourself - once you give those clothes away, you will not be able to grow into them and will need to maintain your loss. I hope Goodwill is ready for some 44" pants because I have some for them.

Thanks, Mike! Get rid of those pants forever!! haha, and yes we're doing a great thing for Goodwill too!
  • MsDimeo
    Options

I took 2 bags to the Good Will. Then I did some shopping around in there for smaller clothes. Not ready to spend a lot on new clothes until I reach my goal. Ok, well, I did go to the mall last week and bought some shorts I couldn't resist. Felt good to go from 12 to 8.
  • Beach949RN
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MsDimeo wrote: »

I took 2 bags to the Good Will. Then I did some shopping around in there for smaller clothes. Not ready to spend a lot on new clothes until I reach my goal. Ok, well, I did go to the mall last week and bought some shorts I couldn't resist. Felt good to go from 12 to 8.

WTG!!! Shopping for new clothes is fun once again!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Jen, 2.4 lbs - that's great! Congrats!

tobefitJen wrote: »

I do too but I also know it is not the best strategy for everybody. I have the confidence and self control to go slightly off program without having additional cravings or overindulging. That wasn't always the case for me but it is now. In addition to compensating beforehand, I also compensate afterwards. For instance, I will be adding an extra cardio session later today that will be in addition to the martial arts program Swati and I just completed.

I am also very fortunate to have been losing at a nice pace and to have the ability to engage in intense workout sessions daily. Swati, on the other hand, is able to work out hard but would significantly slow or even reverse her weight loss if she went off program at this time. We all have unique bodies that are going to respond different from one another. Plus men definitely have it easier than women - sorry girls. Not sure why I am apologizing but anyway...

Ultimately, I am preparing myself for lifelong success and am doing what works best for me.

Slightly off topic: Sometimes working from home can get a bit lonely but I now have two new friends at work and another that will be joining us shortly (he wasn't quite yet ready to jump on the Cardboard Express this month).

ytz46nr6f4gl.jpg

So glad I took this pic - I didn't realize there was so much dust on the top of my monitor!

Oh I totally get what you are saying! I'm actually an all or nothing girl myself. I have to be or I wouldn't lose. I've only gone off plan twice and that was because of traveling and a birthday celebration for my daughter. I planned like crazy and compensated before and after, as you did. Love those bears!!

Congrats on all the successes everyone!!! :)
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I had a planned "oh no you don't" moment on Easter. It was the Sam's coconut cake. And it was soooo worth it. Course I paid for it when the scale refused to move for a week. With the tools I've found at NS, it made it very easy to just jump back on plan. Have a great day all!
  • Marlenef161616
    Marlenef161616 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am so inspired by all of you!!!