Curious

Options

Replies

• Redsy1965
    Redsy1965 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm Kathi from Iowa. Started NS just over a year ago. I hope to hit my 70 pound mark with tomorrow's weigh in!

WTG Kathi! Good Luck tomorrow!
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey Dudes -

I’m Morgan and live just North East of Atlanta. My bride and I started NS on 1/11/15. As of last Sunday (4/19) I am down 51 pounds and Annette is down 32 pounds. We both absolutely love the Nutrisystem program (sans NuMi) and have totally turned our life around since starting. Prior to NS, I was a couch slug. These days I start every day off at the gym, run at least 45 minutes and walk 1 hour later in the day. I am actually running in my first 5K race this Saturday. We have two boys (23 and 17), 3 Brittany Spaniels, 3 ferrets, 3 birds, a bunch of tropical fish, 2 fancy rats, 2 rabbits, and a Chinese Water Dragon.

Anyway, I am very excited that we have all have a new home so we can continue to support and cheer each other.

Morgan
  • kathipostholdefer
    kathipostholdefer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks jrn8ion & Redsy1965!
  • kathipostholdefer
    kathipostholdefer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks jrn8ion & Redsy1965!
  • healeyjenni
    healeyjenni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I am Randy's daughter, Jenni. I am 16 years old and live in the New Hampshire seacoast area. I am not a part of Nutri-System, but my dad has been promoting healthy eating at home and he suggested My Fitness Pal. It's crazy to see how poorly I eat and how little I excersize but I'd like to change that!
    Wish the best of luck to you all.
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Wendy, live in Temple Tx, 53 years old. I started Jan 7th 2015 and have lost 25 lbs. I have over 100 lbs more to lose, so y'all are gonna see me for awhile! :)
  • pattyperkins927
    pattyperkins927 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm Patty from Nebraska, and I just started Fast Five yesterday for the first time. So far so good for Day 2 :) I was really bummed to just begin and find out that the old NS boards were closing, so I'm glad to find others over here :)
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I am Randy's daughter, Jenni. I am 16 years old and live in the New Hampshire seacoast area. I am not a part of Nutri-System, but my dad has been promoting healthy eating at home and he suggested My Fitness Pal. It's crazy to see how poorly I eat and how little I excersize but I'd like to change that!
    Wish the best of luck to you all.

Hi Jenni, Your dad was one of the first people on NS to send me a friend request. Although I only know him through the blogs, he seems like a really good guy. It's great that he started this group to bring us all together and you should be proud of him.

My son actually just turned 16 yesterday. I hope you are helping your dad stick to his diet like my son is helping me (or should I say monitoring me). He actually saw me eating a Nutrisystem cupcake the other day and asked me if that was on my diet. I said yes but he still doesn't believe me. You are at a great age to start good habits that will stay with you for life. Thank you for posting!

• swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I'm Swati, Mikemusky44's wife. Started NS almost 9 weeks ago and have lost 15 lbs so far. I unfortunately do not have much time to blog during the day, but love to read all your stories. This group has some of the nicest & most supportive people. I'm so glad to be a part of it.
  • anonymous60654
    anonymous60654 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Kate, and I'm from Chicago. I started Nutrisystem on April 1st (23 days ago), and I have lost 13.4 lbs so far. Loving the Nutrisystem plan but disappointed in the management of the site--I was using NuMi but today it totally crashed and I'm fed up--I need something reliable! Loving MFP so far, and excited to join the group!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    swatim13 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I'm Swati, Mikemusky44's wife. Started NS almost 9 weeks ago and have lost 15 lbs so far. I unfortunately do not have much time to blog during the day, but love to read all your stories. This group has some of the nicest & most supportive people. I'm so glad to be a part of it.

FYI - Swati is much more than just "MikeMusky44's wife". She is the most incredible woman I have ever met. She has been by my side for better and worse, richer and poorer, and in sickness and health. Without her I would not be the person that I am today. She is truly a fantastic wife and mother. She works at her regular job everyday and then comes home to help me with our home-based business every night (and every weekend). She donates her spare time to serve as a director in a league for children with special needs. She is a loyal friend and will surely be a great asset to this group. I am blessed to have her as my wife.

• PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I love your name!
  • swatim13
    Options
    Hi All,

FYI - Swati is much more than just "MikeMusky44's wife". She is the most incredible woman I have ever met. She has been by my side for better and worse, richer and poorer, and in sickness and health. Without her I would not be the person that I am today. She is truly a fantastic wife and mother. She works at her regular job everyday and then comes home to help me with our home-based business every night (and every weekend). She donates her spare time to serve as a director in a league for children with special needs. She is a loyal friend and will surely be a great asset to this group. I am blessed to have her as my wife.
    I'm the one who is blessed. You are a gift & I love you. Okay...enough of this mush.
  • swatim13
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I love your name!

Thanks. It's an Indian name.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Aww, how sweet are you two! You seem like genuinely nice people and you both will be an asset to our community.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Phyllis and I'm in Sacramento, California. I've been with NS since January 12, 2015. I'm down 32 pounds to date and am a little past half way to my goal of 60 pounds. I'm really finding the NS experience a good one. The best part is the motivation I receive from other NS members such as you. I also must give the NS program it's props. I am very impressed with the mindset makeover lessons and how well this has worked for me. I am happy that this new way of communicating with each of you has been presented and feel it is a true blessing. Let's rock this! P~
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    I'm very interested to getting to know all of you a little better. I would live to know how long you've been on NS and where you're from!

I'm Sue from SC - tobefitJen and I live really close and nearly in the same town although we've never met in person. I've been on NS since mid January (I wasn't going to make a resolution to loose weight). As of this morning, I've lost 20 lbs (my official WI day isn't until Sunday). I love the new "family" I've made on this program and the support we give one another. I'm on MFP for the social aspect. I'm a long time LoseIt! member and log my food there. I'm also on FitBit and can normally get my 10,000 steps in a day. One day I might even work up enough steps to pass Morgan (he's a man on a mission)! I'm glad to be part of this group!!
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    SueBready wrote: »
    I'm also on FitBit and can normally get my 10,000 steps in a day. One day I might even work up enough steps to pass Morgan (he's a man on a mission)!

I have only worked up to 5200 steps most days. I will keep chugging away until I get there.
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wen...I'm with you on the steps. I need to make a better effort to go over 5,000, somedays I don't even get that.
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My fitbit step goal is 9000. Sometimes ive had to run around the house before bed to get it! Lol