food tracking ???

Options
sznsido
sznsido Posts: 136 Member
I am currently tracking my food on both ns and mfp. I'm wondering if I should just stop the ns tracker seeing as it won't be around much longer. The only reason I am still logging there is if I need to get in touch with a counselor that may want to check my food diary. What are all of you doing?

Replies

• swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Suzi,
    I'm tracking my food & water on MFP. I customized the meals to reflect a morning & afternoon snack and dessert, just like the NS site.
    Good luck.
  • jringold1
    jringold1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Same here. I figured that if a counselor needs my food info, I can just copy and paste the details form MFP.
  • sznsido
    Options
    thanks!
  • BAILEEMARIE
    BAILEEMARIE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just changed my meal tracking to match my NS 1200 Calorie MY Way plan -just went to (Settings) in the Food tab. now reflects my pf AND sc's. Sweet! Easy to change! Lovin this new site so far and the Gang is all here too! Sweet!
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Tracking meals, exercise, weight here on MFP and using their phone app. I will update my orders at NS and log my weight loss on Numi.(still wanna get my bears)

I made my Diary open to the public. I like the idea of checking each others' food to get ideas for meals and snacks.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not tracking my food either place...neither NS nor MFP. Lol I'm using the little booklet that comes with the NS food. I guess I should get with the program, eh? P~
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    O
  • PeggyS925
    Options
    OMG! Throw away those booklets and track at MFP! If you have an iPhone you can scan all of your meals for tracking. It's an awesome tool.
  • allison4224
    allison4224 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I track my food on fitbit only. I was logging my weight on NS for the bears. But, I realized that I don't care about getting them anymore. I don't even know where they are. My daughter takes them and hides them. LOL.
  • sznsido
    Options
    I just changed my meal tracking to match my NS 1200 Calorie MY Way plan -just went to (Settings) in the Food tab. now reflects my pf AND sc's. Sweet! Easy to change! Lovin this new site so far and the Gang is all here too! Sweet!

Agree...we are the best!
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I track my food on LoseIt! I was tracking on NS for the same reason you were but since I've kinda figured the program out, I feel confident enough to cut that cord. I'm on MFP for the social experience since I have been on LoseIt! for a long time and have all my historical data there and didn't want to change. I would log my food here too but that's just too much work! I do like being able to see the food diaries of those that open them up (like Morgan). It's interesting to see what other people are eating. It's given me a few more ideas.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I ditched NS's tracking when I came here about a month ago. Like others, I customized my plan here to match NS. I use the MFP phone app to log my food. It's so dang easy and syncs with my FB. Love it!!!
  • rlhealey
    rlhealey Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Same here, I stopped tracking my food on NS after discovering MFP about a month ago.
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    So much easier with the barcode scanner and the large (very large) database of food. I like the way it breaks down the carbs, fat and protein, makes it easy to stay on track
  • Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    OMG! Throw away those booklets and track at MFP! If you have an iPhone you can scan all of your meals for tracking. It's an awesome tool.

Peggy, are you saying you can scan the labels, i.e., NS foods, from iPhone and it goes to our MFP food diary? I never knew that, please tell me how.
  • PeggyS925
    Options
    Chris949RN wrote: »
    PeggyS925 wrote: »

Peggy, are you saying you can scan the labels, i.e., NS foods, from iPhone and it goes to our MFP food diary? I never knew that, please tell me how.

Yes!!! On the MFP app on your iPhone hit the big "+" at the bottom of your home screen. Choose the orange food icon, pick the meal you want to record, hit the bar code symbol on the bottom left, scan the bar code, and WA-LAAA, you have just entered your meal. For things that don't have bar codes, fruit, veggies and such, hit the "add food" and search for the item you want. It even has chain restaurant menu items. I have NEVER found any grocery item it wouldn't recognize. I think you will really like it. Happy scanning!
  • MsDimeo
    MsDimeo Posts: 123 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Shie1 wrote: »
    I'm not tracking my food either place...neither NS nor MFP. Lol I'm using the little booklet that comes with the NS food. I guess I should get with the program, eh? P~

I do that too sometimes. Ill jot it down in my book and log it later. But most of the time I go on MFP in the mornings and log all the foods I plan to eat for the whole day and stick to it.
    Yes I scan with my iPhone. Love it.
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    sznsido wrote: »
    I am currently tracking my food on both ns and mfp. I'm wondering if I should just stop the ns tracker seeing as it won't be around much longer. The only reason I am still logging there is if I need to get in touch with a counselor that may want to check my food diary. What are all of you doing?

I'm just starting to log info on MFP. I'll keep logging weight on NS for the bears, and clicking on the daily dose-at 41 days, so hoping to get that 50-click discount before it goes away. I also keep an excel log w automated progress graph that I print monthly for my doctor.
  • kdubskwags
    kdubskwags Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I do that too sometimes. Ill jot it down in my book and log it later. But most of the time I go on MFP in the mornings and log all the foods I plan to eat for the whole day and stick to it.
    Yes I scan with my iPhone. Love it.[/quote]

I find that planning your day helps keep from getting off track and "foraging" during the day
  • PeggyS925
    Options
    I find that planning your day helps keep from getting off track and "foraging" during the day

That's a great idea!