2»

Replies

• Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    Chris949RN wrote: »
    PeggyS925 wrote: »
    OMG! Throw away those booklets and track at MFP! If you have an iPhone you can scan all of your meals for tracking. It's an awesome tool.

Peggy, are you saying you can scan the labels, i.e., NS foods, from iPhone and it goes to our MFP food diary? I never knew that, please tell me how.

Yes!!! On the MFP app on your iPhone hit the big "+" at the bottom of your home screen. Choose the orange food icon, pick the meal you want to record, hit the bar code symbol on the bottom left, scan the bar code, and WA-LAAA, you have just entered your meal. For things that don't have bar codes, fruit, veggies and such, hit the "add food" and search for the item you want. It even has chain restaurant menu items. I have NEVER found any grocery item it wouldn't recognize. I think you will really like it. Happy scanning!

I just tried it and it worked!! I can't believe how easy that is. Thank you so much for sharing. I've learned new things already with this group and a big thank you for being here and again to Michael for starting it!
  • grmshelle
    grmshelle Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've never tracked food on the NS site but have tracked it on MFP for years. I have it public right now but made it private off and on during bad times. I stil weigh in and read blogs on NS.
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and it worked!! I can't believe how easy that is. Thank you so much for sharing. I've learned new things already with this group and a big thank you for being here and again to Michael for starting it!

Thanks for the shout out Chris but I did not start the group - that would be Randy. I have been making a regular effort to bring over as many good people as I can but that is as much for my own success as it is yours. Does that make me selfish? :# We really do have some great people on here.
  • RoCla
    RoCla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    SueBready wrote: »
    I track my food on LoseIt!

I was using LoseIt until MFP gained the ability to sync with my polar loop. I like it over other fitness trackers as it is the only one that I could find at the time that was waterproof and tracked my calories while swimming laps.

• Beach949RN
    Beach949RN Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Thanks for the shout out Chris but I did not start the group - that would be Randy. I have been making a regular effort to bring over as many good people as I can but that is as much for my own success as it is yours. Does that make me selfish? :# We really do have some great people on here.

Looks like a great group of people and I'm happy to have landed here, even tho' as an NS refugee... but love this website so a happy refugee at that. haha As the saying goes, a door closes, but typically a new/better one opens! And with the barcode tracking scanner, it's making my life easier.

Thanks to Randy for the start (thx for the correction Mike), and to you for the start of the daily discussions so we 'can' s/o! :smile: I think I got that right and I hope to soon get used to the new names/faces to me. Wow, this group is growing... fantastic!