Weekly Post 13.04. - 25.04.15

Options
2»

Replies

• RatherBeInTheShire
    RatherBeInTheShire Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    You guys are all doing wonderful! 2nd FD for me today. I am ALREADY hungry, and a LONG way from eating. I've already had 12oz of tea, and now I'm drinking some water. Scale is trending down as of today, but I'm ONLY logging on Friday's. Really hoping that it goes down tomorrow and not up, or stays the same. Right now I'm about 1.4 above my lowest weight so far. I was 3-4lbs higher last week, so I think it was water weight. I'm trying to find NSV's but I can't! my clothes all fit the same. I lost 11 lbs this year, and didn't even go down a pants size. It's hard. My goal is to try to be happy in my own skin!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    cal0rina wrote: »
    Started couch to 5k today as feeling that I have plateaued a bit with swimming, I amsstill carrying on with it for back pain but need to go up a notch for cardiovascular fitness, crikey it was hard! Not quite able to run for the full minute, but still didn't stop and kept to a brisk walk the rest of the time so am quite chuffed with myself.
    And then some bloody numpty says research shows that exercise doesn't have an impact on weight loss. I beg to differ!

It gets easier if promise!! Week 2 started hard too. But now I'm getting through the 90 seconds without dying lol.

As for fasts grrrrrr I have to wait till Sunday to do my second one. So it'll be a b2b Sunday, Monday
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide if I want to do my fast day today or tomorrow. I ate something yesterday that upset my stomach, so I didn't get up this morning to work out and now my day just feels "off." Might try to work out at lunch so I can still get it in. I don't generally eat breakfast at all, so I have a few hours until lunch when I have to decide if I'm fasting today or not
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Morning! Lost 1.4 this week. Thank GOODNESS! now I'm only 0.4 above my lowest this year. I need to stay on top of calorie counting this weekend. This is when I usually REEALLY fail.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I feel good today - another 2lbs off since last last check-in, making this month's average -1lbs/week, nice and sustainable.

Folks - if you like me you have a love/hate relationship with your scales, I find it helpful and inspiring to focus on NSV's. Weight loss is so much more than a number on a screen or a dial, it's about how you feel, a mindset and an attitude, and finding those little golden moments (like outfits that used to fit that are too big, or that were once too small that now fit, or noticing a reduction in flab in the mirror, or sometime saying "Did you lose weight? You look different somehow...") - those are the moments that can make the task we face seem worthwhile.

I think we're all wonderful and that fact that we're on here creating a supportive community and sharing those ups, downs, highs, lows, tips, fun, laughter and experiences only goes to prove it.

With so much death, destruction and hatred in the world it's up to individuals to reach out a hand of friendship, support and mutual understanding. Here, take mine!

Perfect!!
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great to hear all the losses!!
    First fast day was Monday this week and went well. Today is my second and 'put a bump in it' by having a grande skinny vanilla latte (120cals) and lunch-time. Now it is dinner-time and I'm starved. Cooking dinner for everyone and my hubby says..."can we eat when I get home I will be quick". He just ran to the hardware store and it's been an hour!!! I want food!!! rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    I hope that this doesn't spell disaster for me because I feel soooo hungry! Here's hoping. :#

Another thing I find difficult is when I do cook for everyone, I am able to count the calories using the recipe, but it is the potions I have trouble with...2 adults...6 kids (each kid has different portions).
  • cal0rina
    cal0rina Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Down another pound and sneaky third fast as work too busy. Nsv, one of the doctors asked me what I was doing as it was obviously working as he could see my waist now and he wants to lose weight and he wants advice o:) kept my reply to diet and exerciseas too busy to explain but it felt good B)
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    So today being Anzac day, I took the kids to the dawn service. They supplied us with breakfast. Obviously I couldn't be rude and say no so I logged it as best as I could. I have felt full all day and unable to eat, so I logged dinner anyway but i don't know if I'll eat it. My total comes to 700. Can i count today as a fast?
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Ps congratulations to all of you for your awesome losses and major props for you all completing your fasts!!!!
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    Options
    Ooh i seem to have killed the thread!!
  • RatherBeInTheShire
    Options
    Karen- I still count 700, but not much over!