The more I fight for my health...the more problems I uncover... ***CROSS POST***

Options
KnitOrMiss
KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
Honestly, today is one of those days where most of me, if not more, wants to just give up. A 5 am or so today, I pulled up the updates on my blood tests that I'm going to the doctor for tomorrow, and one result stopped me in my tracks. When something switches from negative result (being good) to a positive result (being bad), I wanted to know what that meant. And so I googled.

One answer jumped off the page at me over and over again: AUTO-IMMUNE

I was so floored you could have pushed me over with a feather. This was EXACTLY the kind of future I was fighting to avoid. My mother is so severely auto-immune that at this point, I've honestly no idea how she has a quality of life. I immediately wanted to give up on everything.

This past five years, I've been fighting like hell to regain myself, my health, my happiness, etc. It seems like the further I come in that fight, the more problems I develop, discover, or simply have to face! It is so demoralizing, like I'm being tested. "You want to get healthy? Are you sure? Oh, here, have some plantar fasciitis! Oh, that didn't stop you? Divorce. Misery. Lose everything you think is important! Nothing? Really? Let's give you female complications... Barely a blink? What about some high blood pressure? No? Maybe some insulin resistance, ha! No? Fall asleep every time you eat (postprandial somnolance)! NO?? Fine, I'll pull out the big guns! AUTO-IMMUNE. WHAM! Ha! That slowed you down a bit, no?" as this inner mental demon does a happy dance.

So forgive me if I'm contemplative this morning, trying to figure out what it all means. Apparently, I'll likely have to do some more blood work to determine what type, but the Rheumatoid test was lower than ever, so I guess at least it isn't that. And yes, I know there can be false positives, but all of my white blood cell counts were up across the board in all my other tests, too, so I highly doubt that. I have a family history of this. And I spent the better part of two decades treating my body like crap. So I suppose I really shouldn't be surprised...

Just send good thoughts, if you can... And for any of my amazing friends out there who've dealt with all this, please feel free to let me know how you deal with it, live, function, and hell, even give a damn! (hugs) to all...

Replies

• GSD_Mama
    GSD_Mama Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Sending HUGS your way and sorry you're dealing with this. I hope whatever you find at the docs is nothing major, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

PS: I hate doctors, if there is anything wrong with me, i wouldn't even know. They keep telling me to get a primary family doctor.. for what?? The less doctors i see the healthier i feel.

I know this is nothing to do with anyone, it's just thoughts of doctors make me crazy and sick.

• JAnn319
    JAnn319 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hola!! Omgosh!! When you come out of this, you will b super woman!!!
    Hmmm... Interesting I was having similar thoughts. Been divorced 5 years and pushing very, very hard to regain myself and my life back.... Awful when something negative happens that sets one back! ugh! I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers!
  • heartandsoul1
    heartandsoul1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard , but try and remember how far you really have come! Sometimes blood test are off, just went thru that with my husband's potassium level. and by the way he is my 3rd. husband and we couldn't be happier! It took me 3 times to get it right! With out everything I have been thru I wouldn't have the wonderful life I have now! Hang in there! Prayers for love and happiness!
  • DisappearingTwinkie
    DisappearingTwinkie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Keeping you in m thoughts and sending strength. Xo
  • JAnn319
    JAnn319 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    HOLA!! you have been in my thoughts and prayers and just wanted check on you. Please stay connected!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Sorry everyone..in the midst of all this, my phone got cut off. Seeing PCP on Wednesday for direction on test results. Plus seeing if need B12 shots or liquid supplements, etc. Plus eval of Vitamin D levels...and basics...sigh.
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    all the best!!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks. Got decent reports, but got poorly treated by my doctor, and disregarded on the main issue I was seen for, so total mixed bag. Waiting to decide on action. Have two blood tests pending - Iodine and particle size/concentration of LDL.