Curious

Options

Replies

• crochet221
    crochet221 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Mitzi from La, I started NS April 10. First week on FF I lost 5.8 lbs, which was a miracle and great encouragement this would work. Last week nothing :'( . Now I'm on week 3. So I pray this continues to work for me. Everyone I find on NS is so positive about the program and so helpful to one another. This is such a blessing to see, especially in this negative world.

I have fibromyalgia and thyroid issues. The pain never leaves, but some days are better than others. I know loosing weight will help. I've tried everything, my husband and I did low carb/high fat together and he lost 16 lbs. and I lost nothing. My cooking, my planning, etc. I finally said, "someone just TELL ME what to eat.....and COOK it for me" instead of me trying to figure out what would work for my body. Then the NS informercial came on and here I am.
  • Pirates43
    Pirates43 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    This thread is full of rock stars! You guys are awesome!
  • Wen_Mitchell
    Wen_Mitchell Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Pirates43 wrote: »
    This thread is full of rock stars! You guys are awesome!

I agree!!

• Nightingale2200
    Nightingale2200 Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Flo. Been with NS almost 3 weeks and finding everyone here. I've lost 12 pounds and now 38 to go.
  • momof4sons51
    momof4sons51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Deanna from Madison, WI. I have been on NS on and off since mid-March and have lost 6.4 pounds. (I know - on/off within those few weeks? Two times away from home - one Spring Break and one business trip with husband.) I have some medical issues that are being handled, and I am working hard on everything else to be my "best self", knowing my weight loss will not be as quick as others. But, it's OK.

Love the support here!
  • momof4sons51
    momof4sons51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    BUT...I wish we had a "LIKE" button on here!!!
  • JodyT2015
    JodyT2015 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I am Jody and I am from North Dakota. I started NS in March of 2014. So far I have gotten rid of 71 pounds, and I am not quite, but almost, half way to my goal. I stalled over the winter, but I am finally starting to lose again. Whew. My son is getting married this summer and I really need to keep the numbers on my scale dropping. I am married and we have 3 kids in their 20's, and 2 dogs. I try to walk every day and I am so thankful to be done with winter!!
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    crochet221 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm Mitzi from La, I started NS April 10. First week on FF I lost 5.8 lbs, which was a miracle and great encouragement this would work. Last week nothing :'( . Now I'm on week 3. So I pray this continues to work for me. Everyone I find on NS is so positive about the program and so helpful to one another. This is such a blessing to see, especially in this negative world.

I have fibromyalgia and thyroid issues. The pain never leaves, but some days are better than others. I know loosing weight will help. I've tried everything, my husband and I did low carb/high fat together and he lost 16 lbs. and I lost nothing. My cooking, my planning, etc. I finally said, "someone just TELL ME what to eat.....and COOK it for me" instead of me trying to figure out what would work for my body. Then the NS informercial came on and here I am.

Hi Mitzi! I have thyroid issues too. Levels are stable and the weight is coming off. A couple of weeks I only lost ounces but altogether I have lost 23 lbs. Don't give up!!
  • PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    JodyT2015 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone! I am Jody and I am from North Dakota. I started NS in March of 2014. So far I have gotten rid of 71 pounds, and I am not quite, but almost, half way to my goal. I stalled over the winter, but I am finally starting to lose again. Whew. My son is getting married this summer and I really need to keep the numbers on my scale dropping. I am married and we have 3 kids in their 20's, and 2 dogs. I try to walk every day and I am so thankful to be done with winter!!

Jody that's incredible! Congrats on your success. Our kids weddings are such blessed events. Keep doing whatever you're doing and know whatever number is on that scale on the day of the wedding you will be a winner - both with your weight loss and a NEW DAUGHTER!
  • mikemusky44
    mikemusky44 Posts: 218 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Mitzi from La, I started NS April 10. First week on FF I lost 5.8 lbs, which was a miracle and great encouragement this would work. Last week nothing :'( . Now I'm on week 3. So I pray this continues to work for me...
    Hi Mitzi, I'll be praying for you to succeed as well. Also, please know it is totally normal for you to have a week with no loss or even a small gain. I am sure my wife Swati will be sharing her experience with you shortly.

• swatim13
    swatim13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm Mitzi from La, I started NS April 10. First week on FF I lost 5.8 lbs, which was a miracle and great encouragement this would work. Last week nothing :'( . Now I'm on week 3. So I pray this continues to work for me.

Welcome to the group Mitzi. Don't worry, the weight will come off. I didn't even lose 4 lbs on FF, but I stuck to it. I lose an average of about 2 lbs a week, but there are certain weeks I put on some weight or lose nothing...and I follow the plan strictly. I'm looking forward to watching you succeed.
  • SueBready
    SueBready Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that!

• pamherring62
    pamherring62 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pam from eastern NC... started NS March 2nd and I'm down 13.5 pounds!
  • Whosebeeping
    Whosebeeping Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Lynn from North Carolina. I started in January 2015. and I've lost 26lbs. Struggling a bit now but hanging in. I'm actually thinking MFP might be a better option for my tracking so while I don't like to make technology changes, perhaps there is a bright side after all. Hi everyone.
  • Shie1
    Shie1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm Lynn from North Carolina. I started in January 2015. and I've lost 26lbs. Struggling a bit now but hanging in. I'm actually thinking MFP might be a better option for my tracking so while I don't like to make technology changes, perhaps there is a bright side after all. Hi everyone.

Hi Lynn! I'm glad to see you here.
  • tobefitJen
    tobefitJen Posts: 130 Member
    Options

Hi Lynn. I've been tracking here for about a month. It's so easy and convenient, especially from you smart phone. Really comes in handy when you are away from home.

• PeggyS925
    PeggyS925 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow - when I started this thread wanting to get to know everyone better - I had no idea we would have so many friends from so many different areas. Im so happy to read about each of you and look forward to getting to know you better. Happy Weekend. We are on our way to Wichita to watch our 7 year old granddaughter's dance competition. Go Addi Jo!!
  • evhutchings
    evhutchings Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Started last December....I live in NC....ex military...Jehovah's Witness....and almost half way to my goal!!! Realize I will be tracking food for the rest of my life if I want to be accountable and maintain...now to reach my goal! I work for Little Caesar's pizza....have 3 kids and 2 grands...originally from PA....lived in Japan for 7 years and Italy for 2....hope that answers your question!
  • MarySG58
    MarySG58 Posts: 76 Member
    Options

Yes, we all wish there was a like button here on the board, but on your Home Page and Profile Page newsfeed, there is a Like,Comment, Delete. You can also post your own news on both as well! All of your friends will see your postings, plus friends of friends.

There are some issues and improvements being worked on ~ See MFP Announcements, etc. It is on your board Community page, scroll to see it. If you have tech questions concerning your Fitbit or whatever, of course this is in addition to all of the helpful info we are getting from Randy, Wendy, Michael, and others....you can read/research the maintenance boards/threads, etc. Right now, I can not remember exactly what the thread is called.

Everyone have a great weekend! Got to get moving again!
  • BAILEEMARIE
    BAILEEMARIE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am from Ohio. I have dieting for years. I started NS January this year and down 20 pounds. Out of all of the diets I have been on this by far has been the easiest. I am a very slow loser. I might be able to give up hundreds of diet books I have tried over the years because this year I am going to make my goal !