Need a Tutorial on using this community? Feel free to request

Options

Replies

• cattitude2015
    cattitude2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I'm from the NutriSystem website. My username on that site was tn-girl2014.
    So glad to find NS group. :)
  • zaftig_no_more
    zaftig_no_more Posts: 87 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    RogerToo wrote: »
    RogerT....You are being paged! :smile:

Have decided not to start a recipe section. I just don't have time to facilitate it. Maybe someone else would like to do it. I just hate losing the recipe section of the NS site. After several months on the program (I've been there since 2006!), I got so tired of the food that I used that recipe area often.

Hi
    I can start a post for people to add their recipes to or We could have a NutriSystem Recipes group. Which one makes more Sense? There would also have to be links back and forth between the two groups which could be done in the Announcement area.

Please let me know what makes more sense, I'm leaning towards the group.
    Roger

P.S. Maybe they will keep the recipes? Without a call or email asking there is no way to know.

Think it would behoove us to see if they are keeping the recipe section. Not sure a phone call would give us the answer because I don't think THEY know what they will be doing. I'm all for starting a group on here as a Favorite Recipe section. There probably won't be many posts at first but maybe eventually. That is unless you can figure out a way to link the NS Recipe section to this site??? :smile:
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    RogerT....You are being paged! :smile:

Have decided not to start a recipe section. I just don't have time to facilitate it. Maybe someone else would like to do it. I just hate losing the recipe section of the NS site. After several months on the program (I've been there since 2006!), I got so tired of the food that I used that recipe area often.

Hi
    I can start a post for people to add their recipes to or We could have a NutriSystem Recipes group. Which one makes more Sense? There would also have to be links back and forth between the two groups which could be done in the Announcement area.

Please let me know what makes more sense, I'm leaning towards the group.
    Roger

P.S. Maybe they will keep the recipes? Without a call or email asking there is no way to know.

Think it would behoove us to see if they are keeping the recipe section. Not sure a phone call would give us the answer because I don't think THEY know what they will be doing. I'm all for starting a group on here as a Favorite Recipe section. There probably won't be many posts at first but maybe eventually. That is unless you can figure out a way to link the NS Recipe section to this site??? :smile:

Hi
    The Only way I can think of would be to change where it shows
    Nutrisystem Group Users
    A place for refugees from the upcoming NutriSystem Forums Closure.
    To give a link to go back and forth as well as put that in the signature.

I wish I had a better answer

FWIW a separate group would be the best solution for any Challenges that generate a new post for each day of the month.

Cheers
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Again
    I found this helpful website that seems to work OK. It creates a Adobe PDF from a webpage URL.
    It is

Convert HTML to PDF Online

It could be useful to save pages from the NutriSystem forum messages.

Another useful page is Michelle's Little Green Articles
    Michelle says

Hi all.

Well, the boards are having their lights turned off within the next "few weeks". I will not be following NS over to whatever social media sites they set up to replace the discussion boards. So, before you can no longer access them, I thought I'd do a brain dump of all the files I've authored over the years that I still think are relevant to the plan as it exists today.

Please feel free to copy and paste them wherever. But I am asking you to copy the entire text, including my "byline". These took a lot of time and effort to create and keep up to date, so i'd appreciate a continued nod my way if you use or share them.

Editted: NS veteran alanf51 has been kind enough to pdf these files. So this will be a quicker way for you to save the info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q...ew?usp=sharing

I hope these are helpful tips
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi once again
    Want to MultiQuote?
    Click Quote on the first post to quote from and then repeat for each additional post You want to quote
    Enjoy
    Roger
  • dia_shewolf
    dia_shewolf Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Michelle says

Hi all.

Well, the boards are having their lights turned off within the next "few weeks". I will not be following NS over to whatever social media sites they set up to replace the discussion boards. So, before you can no longer access them, I thought I'd do a brain dump of all the files I've authored over the years that I still think are relevant to the plan as it exists today.

Please feel free to copy and paste them wherever. But I am asking you to copy the entire text, including my "byline". These took a lot of time and effort to create and keep up to date, so i'd appreciate a continued nod my way if you use or share them.

Editted: NS veteran alanf51 has been kind enough to pdf these files. So this will be a quicker way for you to save the info: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Q...ew?usp=sharing

Roger

Roger, i couldn't get either of the links for Michelle's things to come up. are they listed correctly? thank you again for pulling all this together and spearheading the changes :)

~kel
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    just a note in case anyone is like me and didn't notice this right off.... there are only a few of the discussions listed when you come to the group. if you hit the "all discussions" link to the upper right you'll find bunches more :)

thankfully one of my friends pointed this out in case i couldn't find our thread lol

~kel
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    just a note in case anyone is like me and didn't notice this right off.... there are only a few of the discussions listed when you come to the group. if you hit the "all discussions" link to the upper right you'll find bunches more :)

thankfully one of my friends pointed this out in case i couldn't find our thread lol

~kel

Thanks Kel...I hadn't noticed that.
  • Lisa_in_Arlington
    Lisa_in_Arlington Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi All
    If You need help in the form of a tutorial, feel free to ask and if It is in my power I will be happy to create one for You.

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

1) how do I change my starting weight? I'm using the MFP APP, and it doesn't look like it can be done.

2) can I check in without weighing in? I don't want to log my weight every single day.

Thanks! :)
  • dia_shewolf
    Options
    1) how do I change my starting weight? I'm using the MFP APP, and it doesn't look like it can be done.

2) can I check in without weighing in? I don't want to log my weight every single day.

answer for #1 - Looks like you have to log into the actual site to do this Lisa. I found this in the help documents: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

hope it helps! i'd answer #2 as well but i'm not sure what "check in" you mean :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png
  • scrappin999
    scrappin999 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    no mention on NS what will happen to recipes. They're not entirely closing the site down, at least not the ordering part - unsure if that's all on the same platform or in different places. Can't see how deleting recipes will help them as recipes are quite an asset. Unsure once folks are split into different places how many new recipes will be posted. I grabbed a lot of recipes and kept them in my subscriptions list - don't have time to try to save them all. Bummer!
  • hope4change_val
    hope4change_val Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    no mention on NS what will happen to recipes. They're not entirely closing the site down, at least not the ordering part - unsure if that's all on the same platform or in different places. Can't see how deleting recipes will help them as recipes are quite an asset. Unsure once folks are split into different places how many new recipes will be posted. I grabbed a lot of recipes and kept them in my subscriptions list - don't have time to try to save them all. Bummer!

Hi Shirl, The fanciest I get as far as recipes is to chop up a zucchini or bell pepper and mix it in with NS food. Are the recipes you are referring to from-scratch? or are the ways to modify NS food? ~Val
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi All
    If You need help in the form of a tutorial, feel free to ask and if It is in my power I will be happy to create one for You.

Have a Good Day
    RogerToo

Hi
    Luckily Kel knew the answer I would have guessed at that answer as I understand it is the same for setting up the food Log (Diary)

Good Luck
    Roger

answer for #1 - Looks like you have to log into the actual site to do this Lisa. I found this in the help documents: myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/10592-how-do-i-change-my-starting-weight-or-edit-incorrect-weight-entries-

hope it helps! i'd answer #2 as well but i'm not sure what "check in" you mean :)

~kel

weight.png

exercise.png

vn2jvb.pngCQTRRw
    1416528000_15_1_USD_3_default.png

Hi Kel
    Thank You for answering that question.

I suspect that the answer to question 2 is Yes.
    I come here every day but do not update my weight daily. Many people do not weigh daily so requiring a weight entry makes no sense to me.

Have a Great Day
    Roger
  • Bajalindalou
    Bajalindalou Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Again
    I found this helpful website that seems to work OK. It creates a Adobe PDF from a webpage URL.
    It is

Convert HTML to PDF Online

It could be useful to save pages from the NutriSystem forum messages.

Michelle says

Hi all.

Roger
    I am trying to see how this works

• Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hi once again
    Want to MultiQuote?
    Click Quote on the first post to quote from and then repeat for each additional post You want to quote
    Enjoy
    Roger

Thanks, Roger!
  • mrbodance
    mrbodance Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Buttons61 wrote: »
    Hi once again
    Want to MultiQuote?
    Enjoy
    Roger

Thanks, Roger!

Testing multi quote.
    Roger YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!!!!
  • RogerToo
    Options
    Hi
    I knew there had to be a way, it was just finding it :)
    Roger
  • RogerToo
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Bold
    Italic
    Underline

Combination of Red, Bold and size
    Text
    Text

Orange
    Yellow
    green
    Light Blue
    Dark Blue
    Purple
    Gray
    Large Text
    Small Text
    text size ranges from 1 to 7 in the example above

Underline

Image Link Here
    Link

Video Link Below

To Use Select Quote and Copy the feature You want to use

Good Luck
    Roger
  • Buttons61
    Buttons61 Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Nice video, Roger! Caught the new DD on the new website. No interaction buttons. Mixed knowledge on if it will continue the saving clicks. I think they might honor those on the day it shuts down. I went back to the old site, and my week 14 was there. They had said week 13, and I was finished. I did not get the feeling it was just with week 13. Oh well, that is confusing.... Apparently, no one has complained about the NuMi. That was from the old site! Guess I can monitor 3 sites! :smile:
  • Chalmation
    Chalmation Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options